PDA

View Full Version : Normal Behavior? Or Should I Worry?

sahm2three
05-03-2010, 01:26 PM
I have 5 dcb's and 1 dcg enrolled. I am having issues with the 6 yo boy and the dcg. The boy thinks he is in love with the little girl. When we were working on our worksheets today, he got done and started writing "I luv Ella" with hearts all over the back of his sheet. I caught them give each other a kiss on the lips earlier today, and told them that we don't kiss our friends on the face, and if I saw it again they would both go to time out. There have been other instances, holding hands, googley eyes at each other from across the table, stuff like that. I have been keeping a close eye on them. I am guessing today's events are going to warrant a talk with the parents of said children. What are your thoughts?

grandmom
05-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I think what you're describing is pretty normal. I don't allow kissing on the lips either.

The only thing I'd suggest is to change your statement from:

if I see it again...

to

if it happens again....

They may think if they can do it without you seeing them, it's ok.

I have 2 kids who were always together too. They are in 6th grade now and still have a soft heart for each other. Unfortunately, the mom of the daughter is totally disgusted with the other family's lifestyle. But that little girl blushes if you mention his name.

Johnathan
05-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I would think everything is ok but the kissing. From experience when I was seven I kissed my neighbor Cathy and was told by my parents there would be no kissing until I was at least twelve. Of course I was not happy but didn't do it again until I was 17! So go easy.

tenderhearts
05-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't allow kissing either but today they were playing something that I wasn't sure if it was normal behaviour or not. I have a dcg who wanted to play "getting married" and wanted one of the boys to be her husband, so I just didn't say anything and the boy was too embarrassed but the dcg went on to say here's the baby and put a doll in her tummy, so I didn't know what to say so I just casually and didn't make a big deal about it and just said we should find something else to play, little kids don't have babies thats for grown ups, they didn't question anything and she said yea it's for mommys and they went on to play something else but is that ok? I think I'm going to get more of it because one of the other dcg I have her older sister is pregnant so is this normal and ok for them to do?

Chickenhauler
05-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Kids emulate the adults they are exposed to/idolize. She most likely looks up to her sister, so she's doing what comes natural, playing like she is her hero.

My son runs around dressed in flannel shirts, groucho marx glasses (I wear coke bottle bottoms) and baseball hats and says he's going to be like dad when he grows up.

I would definitely draw the line at the kissing.