PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanted Your Opinions

Unregistered
05-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I have a full time dcg, and like the contract states, they have to pay whether or not she's there. lately this girl has only been coming to daycare maybe 2-3 days a week. Once in awhile 4 times. I never know what time she is actually going to get here, or what time she will be picked up. When I plan my days I think, "I'll have x number of kids... unless dcg shows up..." It's annoying not to be able to know for sure from day to day exactly how many children to expect, or what time they'll be leaving. For this summer, her parents mentioned her school age brother might come one day a week. If the parents are as inconsistant with the brother coming on the day they mentioned, then I will now be saying "unless these 2 more show up, I have x number... I need to know which days they'll be coming for sure this summer so I'll know when to schedule my assistant. Only problem is, since they haven't been bringing dcg all 5 days, I'm afraid to say anything to them. I don't want them to say, "well, since dcg is only here on average 3 days a week, I'm going to drop down to part time (and not have to pay for them when they're not at daycare) and take my chances that you'll have a spot open on the days we decide to bring them". (I will, infact, have extra spots if they decided to do this, although I wouldn't tell them that upfront. On the other hand, I am a very honest person, so if they asked if I had a spot open that day, I couldn't lie and say no) but I don't want to lose that full time pay! Any ideas on how I can get them to just simply let me know what time they'll be here and on which days, and what time they'll be picked up? Again, she's full time and supposed to be here every day, but if they don't show up, I get paid anyway, but could save money by not having my assistant there, since I'd be within ratio without the 2 dck.

mac60
05-25-2010, 03:27 AM
I would write them something up stating you need 2 weeks out notice (or whatever you prefer) for their schedule. You could also offer just 2 rates. 1 part time for 1 to 3 days, and 1 fulltime for 4 to 5 days, then have a higher daily fee for the 1 to 3 days vs 4/5 days. As far as the the brother, I would tell them you need to know in advance the days to make sure you have room available.

originalkat
05-25-2010, 05:38 AM
I would write them something up stating you need 2 weeks out notice (or whatever you prefer) for their schedule. You could also offer just 2 rates. 1 part time for 1 to 3 days, and 1 fulltime for 4 to 5 days, then have a higher daily fee for the 1 to 3 days vs 4/5 days. As far as the the brother, I would tell them you need to know in advance the days to make sure you have room available.

Yes, I agree with Mac. I do understand your concern though. I would be tempted to just stay quiet about it. :lol: But I think the pain of not knowing is worse than just confronting the issue.

I dont regularly enroll part timers. But if a current family needs to go to part time then I offer a reduced rate. It is not very appealing so most dont do it.

3 or fewer set days per week-- $100.00
4-5 days per week-- $125.00

I do have one family that took me up on the part time rate and only bring dcg wed-fri. This may change back to 5 days in the future.

Good Luck!

fctjc1979
05-25-2010, 07:42 AM
I would just be honest with them and tell them that they need to give you a schedule ahead of time so you can give your assistant a schedule ahead of time. Explain that this is a business and that employees of the business should be able to expect some stability when it comes to getting their schedule every week.