PDA

View Full Version : Write Off For A One Time Service?

mrsyecker
01-24-2011, 07:20 AM
I have been thinking about paying someone one time to plan out all the arts and crafts for my curriculum. Can I write off what I pay that person?

Crystal
01-24-2011, 12:06 PM
yes, you can.

TomCopeland
01-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, you can deduct all expenses that are "ordinary and necessary" for your business. This is defined as helpful, typical, appropriate and useful.

Abigail
01-24-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm looking for a one-time creative job! LOL, too bad I'm too busy working already. You could ask your local high school child care services teacher to pass on the news to his/her students and you might find someone very creative.

Blackcat31
01-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Do you have a local community college nearby that offers a early childhood degree program? If so I would contact them because part of the requirements for that degree is planning and implementing curriculum. A student in one of those classes may jump at the chance to have an opprtunity like that...good practice for them.
When I was looking for someone to paint a mural on my daycare wall I contacted the local High School art department and found a student who painted my walls beautifully and for free! His teacher gave him credit for the work but I did buy the supplies though....so not free but super inexpensive....well worth looking into. I've also gotten a free helper from the high school through their family services department. The school placed high school students in local child care homes, centers and programs so they could have hands on experiences...they got graded and we got the help for free. I sign up every year.