PDA

View Full Version : Can You Write Off Cookbooks?

legomom922
03-11-2011, 03:28 AM
Ok I am going to be totaly honest here...When I had my infants here I had teh parents provide their food. However, my 3 yr old, I charge the parents $5 a day extra because they did not want to bother bringing her food and just wanted me to take care of it. I have a subscription to some cooking magazines and buy some at the grocery store. Now, the only think I cook out of these are dinners. I try something new several times a week. DCG eats dinner here 2 nights a week, because she is here 6a-6pm tues & wed and eats whatever we eat. So, are my expenses for my cookbooks count for DC even though I am not buying them to look up kid friendly meals? Or is this pushing the boundaries?

Cat Herder
03-11-2011, 05:41 AM
My guess would be that is pushing your luck. :Sunny:

All that kind of information is available for free, online...YKWIM? :ouch:

TomCopeland
03-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Since you are using the cookbooks and magazines to prepare meals for the children in your care you can deduct the time-space% of their cost.

Abigail
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Since you are using the cookbooks and magazines to prepare meals for the children in your care you can deduct the time-space% of their cost.

If it was a child-friendly magazine, could those be deducted? No necessarily a cooking magazine for kids, but those magazines actually targeted for preschool age children?