PDA

View Full Version : Neglect?

strydersound
04-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I had a recent situation happen at my son's daycare center. I'm interested in knowing who I can speak to about the situation and find out if it is indeed considered neglect. I can't find anything online about how to just ask someone about a certain situation and if it's something that could be considered serious. Anyone know? Is this something I would need to speak to a lawyer about?
Thanks...:(

Blackcat31
04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
:confused: I think you would need to supply some details for anyone to give any sort of advice to you. Lots of things are considered neglect and lots of things aren't, so based on your post and the information you have stated I can offer no help.

Lilbutterflie
04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I would suggest going to your state's Department of Family Services website. There should be a section on reporting Abuse and Neglect. There also should be a link to determine what their definition of abuse and neglect is. If your situation falls under their guidelines, then I would suggest calling the hotline to report it.

jen
04-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Was your child at a licensed daycare? If so, you can call licensing. Check out your state or county website, the information should be there.

You could also post your State here, someone here may have more information if you provide a little more detail.