PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

adunn0804
08-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Hello everyone, my name is amanda and i am opening a daycare in california. It is a new adventure for me but i am very excited about it!!! I am going through the last steps of the states process for getting licensed and i should be up and running in a few months!!! Would love to talk with other california providers and would love any tips of the trade!!! Im also still trying to decide on a name for the daycare...Was considering Country Kids Daycare?:confused: Im on 80 acres and live on the outskirts of town, our home has a definite country feel! But still undecided. Thanks and hope to hear from everyone! :)

Michael
08-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the Daycare.con Forum! I upgraded your status.

adunn0804
08-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks!!! :)

Blackcat31
08-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Welcome! :)

adunn0804
08-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Thank You! :)

Michael
08-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone, my name is amanda and i am opening a daycare in california. It is a new adventure for me but i am very excited about it!!! I am going through the last steps of the states process for getting licensed and i should be up and running in a few months!!! Would love to talk with other california providers and would love any tips of the trade!!! Im also still trying to decide on a name for the daycare...Was considering Country Kids Daycare?:confused: Im on 80 acres and live on the outskirts of town, our home has a definite country feel! But still undecided. Thanks and hope to hear from everyone! :)

I think Country Kids Daycare is a good name but I would also try to use a name that you can register the domain for. It looks like someone already has www.countrykidsdaycare.com (http://www.countrykidsdaycare.com) but it is a parked page. You could always contact the owner and see if they will sell it or just find a name that is available. It will go a long way in helping to promote and advertise your daycare in the future.

Oneluckymom
08-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice tip Michael. Welcome...I also just got licensed and I'm in California too...just not on 80 acres!:lol: wow, I'd say that is country for California. Good luck, have you already had your inspection?

adunn0804
08-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Thank You Michael for the tip!!! I never even thought of that!!! I think I want to work on a better name...I'm not 100 with Country Kids...I will come up with something catchy ;)...
Oneluckymom- Yes 80 acres of open field(going to be working on a fence for the yard..hopefully before my doors open!!! Otherwise i will have to change my profession to child herder! :D)... And no i have not yet had my inspection...i am just about to send in my application...working on the final touches and making sure its 100% !! Dont really want it sent back!! And then I was told it would be another 3-4 months before they are able to set up an inspection...so i still have a little ways to go...but impatiently getting there!!! How has everything been for you?