PDA

View Full Version : Toddler/Pre-school Curriculums

krzytru
06-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi, I have become tired of the curriculum I have been using. Nothing is wrong with it and it works good, I am just looking for something new for me. I don't expect the kids to be reading , writing, and doing math by the time they hit kindergarten, I just like to prepare them for kindergarten. Most of my kids are able to give sounds for every letter of the alphabet, to sound out words, write the alphabet without tracing, write at least their full name from memory, add and subtract single numbers, know the days of the week and months of the year. They know their numbers to at least 25, colors, and shapes. They can color mostly in the lines and cut mostly on the line(the girls seem to do these better sooner) They have skills with glue and pasting and following direction. I know all this sounds as if we don't do anything but sit at a table and study, but we really only spend about 2 and a 1/2 hour a day on structured learning, I just try to incorporate learning into every part of the day, kinda like hiding veggies in their food. I don't want to say the name of the program I use now simply because it is a good program and don't want to give anyone the idea that there is anything wrong with it. There isn't. I am just looking for something new for this coming school year. So, any thought, programs, or ideas you have would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

daycaremom1998
07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure what program you are using now, but I use a program called "The Home Preschool Program." www.homepreschool.com I love this program. Check out the website or you can even call and ask them questions. The cost is very reasonable plus you get training credits that can go towards your training hours if your state requires them.

Unregistered
07-15-2008, 03:33 PM
what is the name of the preschool program that you used?