PDA

View Full Version : When Do Hours Count?

krosey5
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm a new provider & I've been reading the Record-Keeping Guide. I have a question regarding hours worked. Can I claim hours that I spend away from home while at a training/seminar/conference OR just the mileage to & from the training?

What about CPR/First Aid training if the instructor came into my home? He was here 4 hours. Can I count those as hours worked?

Same with shopping, I can count the mileage, but not the actual time I spent shopping?

Thanks! :)

krosey5
06-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Anyone???

I just want to make sure I'm tracking the right hours. I've been told one way & from reading the book, I understand it a different way. Wanna cover myself. Thanks:)

snbauser
06-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Tom Copeland is the expert but in general you can count hours that you either have children present in your home or time that you are working on business related activities in your home. You can not count time you are away from your home, only the mileage to get there and the cost of the actual activity. If you think about you are using the hours to determine the amount of time you are using your house for your business in order to calculate the percentage of things like utilities that you are using for your business.

krosey5
06-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Tom Copeland is the expert but in general you can count hours that you either have children present in your home or time that you are working on business related activities in your home. You can not count time you are away from your home, only the mileage to get there and the cost of the actual activity. If you think about you are using the hours to determine the amount of time you are using your house for your business in order to calculate the percentage of things like utilities that you are using for your business.

Thank you very much! likethis

What about in home trainings? Like the CPR/First aid class that was done in the privacy of our own home or online trainings? Sorry, so many questions:o

TomCopeland
06-25-2012, 08:22 AM
You can't count hours spent away from your home, but you can count hours spent on business activities in your home, such as online trainings or CPR/first aid done in your home.

You can't count time twice. So, if children are in your home and you are doing a CPR class in your home, you can't count the CPR class time because you already counted the time when children are there.

krosey5
06-25-2012, 04:50 PM
You can't count hours spent away from your home, but you can count hours spent on business activities in your home, such as online trainings or CPR/first aid done in your home.

You can't count time twice. So, if children are in your home and you are doing a CPR class in your home, you can't count the CPR class time because you already counted the time when children are there.

Thank you so much!!

EchoMom
07-15-2012, 06:22 AM
If I can't count the time grocery shopping for daycare (away from home) can I count the half hour each week it takes to put the groceries away (in home)???