PDA

View Full Version : Day Care In Canada- Spot Saving?

Unregistered
08-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Hello everyone,
I wonder if you can help me with a question....I am currently half way through my year of maternity leave with my second. The dayhome (I'm in Canada) that my first had went to was great, and I had expressed my desire to bring both children back to her home come March 1st 2012 when I am to go back to work full time. The agency had said, "oh yes, not a problem, you're on the list" but looking back now she was very vague.

Having spoken to her again yesterday it didn't sound promising at all to have spots at my beloved previous day home, or even promising to have any spots at all on March 1st when I will go back to work full time. Was I wrong in assuming that other children taken on in my children's absence would have been told that it was temporary placement up until March 1st, so that I would have been able to have our spots held for us?

I had just assumed that this would happen, but looking back now this assumption was definitely my naive mistake and the agency had been very vague (but positive) about us being able to have our places at our previous dayhome. After talking to her she has me worried that we may not even have a spot anywhere when I am expected back at work full time :S If this is something you have encountered, or done for a family, would never even think of doing, etc please let me know!

There is a very long wait list where I live and I am starting to feel nervous already about taking my kids to a new dayhome, or worse of course having no dayhome to take them in to.

I appreciate any feedback from you guys!

Blackcat31
08-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I am sorry there hasn't been any response to your question and I am, of course, no help as I am not in Canada. :)

But I did want to add that if no one responds to just keep bumping your post back up and maybe one of our members from Canada can help.

I just wish we had some sort of plan here for babies to remain with their moms or dads for the first year of life.....awesome that your country has figured out a way to make that a possibility. likethis