PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Tax Reviews? Do You Like It?

Crazy8
10-05-2012, 11:17 AM
I am guessing I would need the "small business" edition, correct?? Does it do everything a home daycare would need??

I've never done my taxes myself but I do have previous years returns to kind of see if I'm doing things right and I've always figured out all my totals for expenses, etc. myself so I know how to do that part. I am afraid I'll spend $100 on the turbo tax and still end up needing someone to do them. Not to mention I have to file in 10 days. :rolleyes:

Provider_Manda
10-05-2012, 11:26 AM
We done Turbo Tax, small business edition and really liked it. Last year was our first year of doing taxes. It was pretty easy to follow, a couple of times I had to go back and redo some stuff before we sent it off. There is a section to put in your info for your time & space %. Like I said we liked it, and will use it again this year. Good luck !!

daycare
10-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Not sure it has anything to do with it or not but the three times I used it I was audited.

seebachers
10-05-2012, 12:06 PM
have used it for six years and never had a problem.........also at the end, it tells you if you are at risk for being audited depending on your individual situation. I plan on using it again this year!!!

Crazy8
10-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Not sure it has anything to do with it or not but the three times I used it I was audited.

really?? I have been running my daycare for 11 years and NEVER been audited. The one great thing about having a professional do my taxes is that if I ever am audited he will deal with them for the most part. Now I'm really scared to do them myself! I don't have anything to hide but I'm not the most organized person either, LOL!

Michael
10-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Many more threads on the topic: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=turbo+tax

Meeko
10-06-2012, 09:30 AM
I prefer Tax Cut.

Crazy8
10-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Many more threads on the topic: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=turbo+tax

thanks. I did do a tag search but majority of them were specific questions while using the program- not really what I was looking for in the way of answers.

Unregistered
10-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Whatever you do, do NOT use TT! There was an error in their software (personal edition) and it messed my taxes up for three years. Now we owe almost $1G andTT is being very slow to deal with. We had to pay it and just hope that they reimburse us because the state put a freeze on our ability to renew our car tags.

cherylwalden
11-05-2013, 12:40 AM
I am guessing I would need the "small business" edition, correct?? Does it do everything a home daycare would need??

I've never done my taxes myself but I do have previous years returns to kind of see if I'm doing things right and I've always figured out all my totals for expenses, etc. myself so I know how to do that part. I am afraid I'll spend $100 on the turbo tax and still end up needing someone to do them. Not to mention I have to file in 10 days. :rolleyes:

I have been using Turbo Tax from a long time now, like 5/6 years maybe, it has always made my tax filling easy and convenient. Although I prefer buying the software rather than going for the free online one as I always have insecurities about the free one being infected with malicious data or that it has any hidden costs or if it can be a data collection stunt online, but yes to save some money I do use those online available turbotax discount while buying which does makes a difference, and yes it wouldn't cost you $100.