PDA

View Full Version : New Member, New Employee

candissos
11-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I am Candis and I just opened my family child care home. I joined this forum to seek the advice of experience child care providers. It is very nice to meet you all. Can anyone help me with and employee handbook and contract? Thanks Candis:

melilley
11-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi! I too am fairly new on here! I will be opening my family child care home after the first of the year. I recently have been writing my contract and handbook and let me tell you, there is soooo much good advice in this site on what to put in both. I have found that researching the posts and asking lots of questions has really helped me! At the same time though it can get confusing and draining when you go to write them because everyone has different policies and contracts and you will find some you really like, then later find a better one, then a better one etc.... My best advice is to do your research, write down what you like and just keep going over it and refining it! I guess you and I won't really know what works best for us until we actually put the policies and contract to use!
Good Luck! :)

candissos
11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi! Best wishes and thanks alot. I had a lot of help from other providers with forms for parents, but none to do with employee's. No that I am able to hire someone part-time; I don't have a clue where to start.

melilley
11-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi! Best wishes and thanks alot. I had a lot of help from other providers with forms for parents, but none to do with employee's. No that I am able to hire someone part-time; I don't have a clue where to start.

Oh, I see! I misunderstood... that would be hard to do! I wouldn't know where to start either!

Blackcat31
11-29-2012, 12:14 PM

One of our members writes a blog about lots of important daycare subject and a while back she wrote a 5 part series of blog entries about hiring an assistant. Here is the link: https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/?s=assistants

Scroll down to the bottom for the first part. Hopefully there is some useful info in her entries that could help you out.

Here is a whole bunch of other threads about hiring help/assistants/subs: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=assistant

candissos
11-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks Blackcat31, I am about to check those sites out now.