PDA

View Full Version : How Long To Give Baby To Get Back On Schedule?

Holiday Park
12-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Baby, not bay.
I am noticing 8 month Dcb resisting morning nap more&more, and not being able to handle the schedule I have him on , which I know is perfect for him so long as mom/gramma/bf keep him on consistent bed &wake times. Well, within the last month he went from going between being at my house to grammas house , to adding the bf's home , so now he bounces around between 3 people because of moms wacky schedule and me only taking him between a set number of hours in a day. She pays for ft and so hes here consistently. He is just also at two other places outside my own available hrs. Today I put them all down at 9:30 (actually the other 2@9 and fed his bottle at 9 first) well he was quiet while he played in the pac n play , but then he ended up having a full blown tantrum for 20+ minutes because he didnt want to nap and was mad. If it starts getting worse (the refusing to sleep) I will have a talk with mom about the importance of making sure everyone involved (me,gramma,bf) stays consistent, and that he wake him by 7 so he can stay on the same routine here. And that if not not, he may end up not being on our routine which will become an issue for me.
So how much time should be allowed to go by of him getting worse (fighting sleep causing a disrpution to my other napping babies) , 2 weeks ?
Also I have a 16month old starting jan7 who mom says has never napped for anyone outside the home, but willnap for her in his own crib. He will be ft and her schedule will be consistent in the mornings (same eake up times, etc) . What do you think are the chances of him getting used to napping here ? He only takes one nap so I was planning to have him nap in the afternoon with the othets, but since they(my 14month old ad 14month dcg) will be transitioning to 1nap soon, probably by 18 months. So my plan is to change the 1:30 one to 12(after lunch) once they drop their 9:30 nap.

Holiday Park
12-14-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm sorry today has been especially stressful . I think everything will turn out ok. Please delete this posting. Thanks.