PDA

View Full Version : Snow plowing

wdmmom
07-19-2013, 06:58 AM
I know it isn't season for this but after last years episodes, I'm preparing early!

We live 2 houses right off a main plow road but our road is one of the last to be done by the city.

I found a guy I know that is willing to charge $50 to plow from the main road to my house for $50. Since I would be paying this service for my business to remain in operation and allow families a safer commute (many have gotten stuck while turning the corner), is this a deductible allowance?

TomCopeland
07-19-2013, 08:02 PM
I know it isn't season for this but after last years episodes, I'm preparing early!

We live 2 houses right off a main plow road but our road is one of the last to be done by the city.

I found a guy I know that is willing to charge $50 to plow from the main road to my house for $50. Since I would be paying this service for my business to remain in operation and allow families a safer commute (many have gotten stuck while turning the corner), is this a deductible allowance?

Snow plowing! It's too early to think about this...

The answer is - yes, you can deduct this as a business expense. Since your family will take advantage of this as well, I'd say that conservatively you can deduct the time-space% of the cost, and assertively you could claim 60-80% of the cost, depending on the use of the main road by your families.