PDA

View Full Version : Hello Out There!

MissNic
09-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi there! I'm Nic and I've been working in daycare for four years now. Currently, I'm "lead teacher" in the infant and young toddler classroom at my center. I put the sarcastic air quotes around lead teacher because the administration gave me that title despite the fact I've told them time and again that infant and toddler care is not the same as preschool. ANYWAY, I won't send anyone off on that tangent first thing. Let's see... what else... I've lived in Alaska my entire life, I love photography, and my favorite color is green. Um, yeah, I hope that I can find some good advice about things like organizing my out-of-rotation toys and that no one thinks I'm too crazy. Ask me anything, I'm pretty much an open book. =D

Cat Herder
09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the forum :Sunny:

IME, "lead teacher" in the infant room loosely translates to "the head upon which all poo lands when it is flung"... :lol:

Ask me how I feel about Child Care Providers being called "Teachers"...:p Come on, I dare ya... :D

You are going to fit in well, here. :hug:

Michael
09-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the forum. likethis

Blackcat31
09-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Luvnmykidz
09-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. I believe you will find lots of good advice here as well as tons of laughs and much inspiration. :)

MissNic
09-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! ^_^