PDA

View Full Version : Question About CPA

Sunshine75
03-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Hi-I am a new daycare provider and checked with a friend of mine who has been doing daycare for many years and asked who she goes to for her taxes each year. I talked to the lady and although I think she would be good she seems very expensive. My background is that I watch only two children and am unlicensed due to being in one family. Because of this she said I cannot take mortgage taxes off or interest, etc. She also said it would be less work for her. I would like to find someone a little less expensive. She charges 300.00. I am looking for someone in the Twin Cities area. I would also love to figure out how to do my taxes on my own as I do not make much money each year. Anyone have a recommendation for a tax person or other thoughts. Thanks!

Unregistered
03-25-2014, 08:34 AM
She is wrong, I definitely wouldn't go with her. If you are LEGALLY unlicensed (exempt) you CAN claim your T/S% of home expenses. Sounds like she is trying to make thing easier for her, and make you lose out on a lot of money :( As long as you are not illegally running a daycare, you can claim every expense a licensed person can!

Blackcat31
03-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Tom Copeland has a site where you can search for a tax preparer in your area

http://nafcc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=297&Itemid=105

Here is his blog entry about tax preparations too, hopefully it will help.
http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2012/01/how-to-find-a-tax-professional.html

:) :)

Sunshine75
03-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Thanks blackcat. I checked site and no records found for Minneapolis. ??? Thanks for your help with all my posts! :)

Blackcat31
03-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Thanks blackcat. I checked site and no records found for Minneapolis. ??? Thanks for your help with all my posts! :)

Have you tried contacting Tom directly?

He lives in the Twin Cities area so I bet he will be a good resource. You can visit his blog for his e-mail and/or contact info. :)

TomCopeland
03-25-2014, 02:40 PM

Search by Minnesota, not Minneapolis.