PDA

View Full Version : Nice to Meet You All ....From Australia

Aussiedaycare
06-11-2014, 01:55 AM
I am a family daycare provider from Australia. I have been doing daycare for the past seven years but have been in some form of childcare for the past seventeen years.
I have four children of my own ranging from nearly 16 down to 8.
In Australia we run daycare a little differently from what I can see on this forum - we use contracted hours, pay by the hour and run under a daycare scheme. You can go private but not many families will go with that type of situation unless it is a short term fix as generally they won't get any rebates.
I signed up here today as I was looking for a daycare forum in Australia and I came across this one, I am always interested in how childcare works all around the world.

So nice to meet you all and I hope we can have some great chats in the future. :D

playground1
06-11-2014, 02:02 AM
Hi!

I'm from Germany and am here for the same reason you are. Very interested in how things work over there. I've also got 4 kids 6-13. :)

Welcome!

NightOwl
06-11-2014, 04:36 AM
Welcome! I'm in the US. Also with 4 kids, 16 to 5 yrs.

Blackcat31
06-11-2014, 05:05 AM
I am a family daycare provider from Australia. I have been doing daycare for the past seven years but have been in some form of childcare for the past seventeen years.
I have four children of my own ranging from nearly 16 down to 8.
In Australia we run daycare a little differently from what I can see on this forum - we use contracted hours, pay by the hour and run under a daycare scheme. You can go private but not many families will go with that type of situation unless it is a short term fix as generally they won't get any rebates.
I signed up here today as I was looking for a daycare forum in Australia and I came across this one, I am always interested in how childcare works all around the world.

So nice to meet you all and I hope we can have some great chats in the future. :D

Welcome to the forum!

In the U.S. a majority of child care businesses are privately owned and although operating under state, city or general ECE guidelines, each business owner can set her rates and policies as she sees fit.

Some charge, monthly, weekly, daily and hourly as well. Many do contracted hours and very few are post paid.

There are also "rebates" involved for parents but it's usually in the form of a deduction or credit from the IRS when paying taxes.

LysesKids
06-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Hello from Tennessee… Single mom of 4 grown children; ages 22-32. Started doing childcare after I was widowed many years ago.

I have a small, Eco-organic infant/toddler childcare home (babes 1-18 months only).

Michael
06-11-2014, 02:19 PM
While laws and regulations may differ, children and their care do not. We welcome your knowledge.

craftymissbeth
06-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Welcome! happyface

I'm excited to hear your point of view on the topics we discuss. It's always interesting to see how other countries/cultures/continents/worlds handle child care.

Aussiedaycare
06-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!! :Sunny:

Michael
06-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!! :Sunny:

The forum is pretty busy on the US work day hours. I know you are about 8 hours behind? Many of us still check in during all hours to it may take longer to answer some of your questions.

Fjordbak
06-12-2014, 04:31 AM
It's always interesting to see how other countries/cultures/continents/worlds handle child care.

Welcome Aussiedaycare :) The abovementioned quote is the exact reason that I am here!

Greetings from Denmark :Sunny:

Blackcat31
06-12-2014, 05:19 AM
Welcome Aussiedaycare :) The abovementioned quote is the exact reason that I am here!

Greetings from Denmark :Sunny:

What is your child care system like there?

Is in home family child care something people do or is care center based?

Fjordbak
06-12-2014, 08:01 AM
What is your child care system like there?

Is in home family child care something people do or is care center based?

I have made a thread where we can show and discuss how daycare systems are like in the different countries (states?): https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?p=469199#post469199

Rikke :Sunny:

Aussiedaycare
06-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Hi Blackcat31 I answered some of your questions in the other thread about pay rates and I will go over to Fjordbak's thread and put in some information that you may find of interest.

Michael - Fully understand about the time difference and waiting for replies, it's no biggie I am mainly here to read and learn about the differences in daycare throughout the world. ;)