PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioner Water

Upset13
07-22-2014, 10:01 PM
I picked my three year old up today. All the children were outside playing with water from a bucket. I said "Where is the hose?". The owner told me it's excess water from the air conditioner and they play in it all the time. :*( Should I take my daughter to the doctor?

Michael
07-23-2014, 02:05 AM
In my opinion no. If its standing water that has mosquito larva, maybe. I think you are ok but if you want to be safe, call and ask your doctor.

lovemykidstoo
07-23-2014, 04:50 AM
I really don't know what would be wrong with it. No different than kids playing in mudpuddles. Think about back in the day when I would drink water from the hose. yuck!

daycarediva
07-23-2014, 10:38 AM
It's probably just condensate.

I would be grossed out by it though, it doesn't seem like best practice. Are they so lazy that they can't/won't go fill a bucket of water from a sink or hose?

TwinKristi
07-23-2014, 12:03 PM
It's condensation from the air inside the house so unless you think their air quality is poor, the water is fine. We have an AC unit in our house and I use the water for our garden. Why waste it?

Dilley Beans
07-23-2014, 04:00 PM
We have one of these AC units. The water is condensation that drips out of the house through a small tube. It isn't an issue, but the water usually has a little oil residue from going through the machine. I personally have it collect in a bucket and dump it on my potted rose in the front yard. I would not want kids playing in it just because I don't like open water around children. That is why we have it go out the front of our house, not the backyard where my daughter plays.

sylviacorbett
07-04-2015, 02:23 AM
Well yes, I do feel that this is a cause of concern. Some time back I read that the water leaking out of the air conditioners are harmful for children as they have been through a machine and contains oils that can cause allergies to children. Using the water for garden is a different matter. But since children are already very susceptible to infections, I think it would be a better idea to get a check up from a doctor. I wouldn't like my son to be playing in water that is leaking from an air conditioner!