PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Explain...

jenboo
11-05-2014, 10:31 AM
A lady on one of my fb pages is saying that because she is legally unlicensed, she can't get a tax id and doesnt have to pay taxes and that the parents cannot claim the childcare expenses on their taxes.
I keep telling her that she does not need to be licensed to get a tax id but she is not understanding.
Anyone have an idea of how to explain this to her? And does anyone have a link to the form online to fill out to get a tax id?

Blackcat31
11-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Send her the link from Tom Copelands blog. I am on my ipad so I cant find it quickly but he has an article about tax ids and IIRC, he says something about nonlicenced daycares and claiming taxes.

Ill try to find it in a bit in case you (or someone else) cant find it.

Blackcat31
11-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Here is one thread I found that discusses this...Maybe it will have the info you are looking for https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66202

Heidi
11-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Just remind her that this is how they got Al Capone...tax evasion...:ouch:

NeedaVaca
11-05-2014, 11:31 AM
well...she might not understand this coming from you but I'm sure the IRS will explain it to her when they come after her for not paying taxes! :ouch: Maybe take that route lol

LysesKids
11-05-2014, 12:44 PM
well...she might not understand this coming from you but I'm sure the IRS will explain it to her when they come after her for not paying taxes! :ouch: Maybe take that route lol

Especially since a parent has the right to claim... they will catch her the minute a parent wants the credit and she refuses to provide the info they need, plus she gets a fine just for refusing

jenboo
11-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone! I explained it again and gave her the link to get her EIN. I hope she does it!