PDA

View Full Version : I am a daycare provider?

mduck
12-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Hi,
I am new here. Well, sorta. I've been what's called trolling I think for some time. I decided I wanted to post to a thread, so I went ahead and registered.

Here's my story in a very large nut shell. I started providing homecare for a 1 year old about 1.5 months ago. I was NOT looking to do this. I am a SAHM and a homeschooler. My days seemed pretty busy already. I got a call from an old acquaintance while away on a couples retreat with my dh. "I am looking for someone to watch my dd and was wondering if you would consider it", said the voice on the phone. I think I said something like, "I'll think about it" and then hung up the phone. I leaned over my breakfast and said to my husband, "I just don't think that I can do it." Then two days later dcg arrives at our doorstep and here we are.

Wow, what an adjustment period. All I hear when I search the posts is about adjustment periods, adjustment periods. If I had not already been through this, I would not have understood what they were talking about. She took the new environment really hard. I have three girls of my own, so it was already princess-land, BUT, she just really wanted mommy. It took a while, but now she is all smiles and we are doing well. I don't know where this will all end up, as I told dcm that we would 'try' to see if it would work out. Some days I think, wow, I'd like to just be at home with my three. Then other days, I feel like it went well and that we could make it work. She is a sweet baby.

We'll see I suppose. If dcm told me she was having another, I just don't think I could do it. I'm sure some of you here, probably could though. Anyhow, howdy ya'll.
:lol:

Laurel
12-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Well that was an interesting way to start!

I am now retired after 20 years of doing daycare but I hadn't really planned to do daycare either. There was a time when we were in financial hard times and I needed to make some money but didn't need to work full time really. Just some extra funds. My own were schoolagers at the time and I just did part time in the summer and during the school year worked part time in schools (so I could be home with my children). I didn't want to work outside the home because I was a dedicated stay at home mom. Well then the financial crisis passed and then I just wanted to keep doing it soooo 20 years later....:lol:

Welcome to the forum!

Laurel