PDA

View Full Version : An Intro & a Question

Sully
01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Hello all! I am starting a daycare in my home in Illinois. I'm currently in the planning stages. I've been browsing here for a few months and I've found it an invaluable resource.

I have a question that I'm a bit embarrassed to be asking. In all of my research, I've glossed over the group home and center regulations. For some reason, I thought a group home was when you did daycare in a home you don't live in. Something I came across made me know that wasn't the case but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what it is. It looks like it's simply a home daycare with different regulations, one being an education background. Am I missing anything else?

Sorry that was so long winded!

Second Home
01-23-2015, 07:47 AM
I believe a group home is when you are allowed more than the normal amount of children . My sister has a large group home daycare , she has 2 assistants and has 2 shifts for care . She did have to apply and get inspected for group care which was different than regular child care.

NightOwl
01-23-2015, 08:35 AM
Yes, you are allowed more children but must have an assistant and more square footage. The regs are different, but it varies by state, so the Illinois ladies here would have to answer the specifics for you.

NightOwl
01-23-2015, 08:36 AM
Oh, and hi! Welcome aboard!

spinnymarie
01-23-2015, 10:50 AM
I have a group home, in IL. It basically just allows for more kids, and therefore there are more rules.
In a home daycare you can have 6 kids under school age by yourself or 8 under school age with an assistant. In a group home daycare you can have 6 under 5 by yourself or 12 under 5 with an assistant.
So really, it's only beneficial if you are planning for a full-time assistant. :)

aacdel.com
02-04-2015, 06:56 AM
Wellcome! Let's share your problem and great new to everyone.