PDA

View Full Version : Indiana rental home

Unregistered
03-31-2009, 02:01 PM
I am a legally exempt childcare provider in Indian. I know the rules and have worked in daycare as a preschool director or 8 years. My husband and i were planning on building a In-Home class 2 childcare home and residing in the home itself. My husbands job went bankrupt and we put off building. He has a job and we are getting our house ready to put it on the market and move. I am worried with the market the house may not sale.

I was wanting to know if I could rent or purchase a small home and have it licensed for a class 2 In-Home childcare facility. I was reading the rules and it doesn't clearly state this. I don't know if we have to legally reside in the residence or not. If anyone would have any info I would appreciate it.
Thank You

cadaycare
04-23-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't know exactly what class 2 is (I'm a newbie in CA). But here, you must live in the house (rent or own) to be a provider for an in home daycare. If you don't live in the house I believe it's considered a child care Center, and different laws apply. Hope this helps.