PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing an Established Daycare

MiamiMom
08-18-2009, 10:00 AM
I am currently in the process of purchasing a day care that is already in place and has been for the last three years. However, I want to make I have everything covered. Any suggestion on what I should be asking the current seller and what are the main things I should be looking for?

seashell
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I am currently in the process of purchasing a day care that is already in place and has been for the last three years. However, I want to make I have everything covered. Any suggestion on what I should be asking the current seller and what are the main things I should be looking for?

I sold my center a few years ago. You need to remember, you are not purchhasing the license/ clients, just the building / lease and inventory. There is no guarentee the children will stay. My first thought would be to contact the parents and introduce yourself. Let them get to know you. Maybe ask the seller if it's ok to set up a meet and greet at the school one evening for an hour or 2. Provide some snacks and get to know the parents to put them at ease.

Good luck