Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum > Charged For Services 18 Months After Left Daycare Center

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Thread: Charged For Services 18 Months After Left Daycare Center Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
11-08-2010 04:43 AM
MyAngels Personally, since you don't live near the center now, I would send a letter to them, certified mail, return receipt requested, disputing that you owe this amount, and why you feel this way. I would request that they send you, in writing, exactly why they feel you owe this amount, and that until they provide this information you have no intention of paying the bill. I would also let them know that, unless they can provide documentation as to why you owe this amount, you are prepared to fight any efforts they might make to collect it. This puts you on record as disputing the bill in case they ever escalate it. If they respond, and you realize you actually owe it, pay it. If they can't provide proof that you owe it, having everything in writing will help you if they ever decide to pursue collection efforts.
11-07-2010 02:52 PM
bwalton The bill was for $344 plus $20 in late fees. They started charging us late fees when they sent the first invoice last month. I have left several messages for their account personand have received no call back. I don't live near the facility anymore, so I can't stop in. They just sent another bill as well. I don't have any of the paperwork from when we left, just the last 2 checks we wrote that were cashed.
11-07-2010 02:41 PM
Abigail I wouldn't beat around the bush on this. If you live in the same city, just walk right in with the paper and ask to speak to the manager. Don't get all worked up because it COULD be a mistake. If they claim it is not when you show them the paper, then go home and get your papers showing proof that you were up to date. How much is the bill for? Does it have all your childrens name on it and an explanation for the dates you are being billed?
11-07-2010 01:21 PM
Unregistered You should contact the provider and double check this late billing. It may be that it is a simple mistake in billing and should be billed to another client altogether. And if this is not the case, then they should give you a good explanation.
11-07-2010 10:29 AM
bwalton I received a bill for childcare services 18 months after we pulled our children out of the daycare center. When we withdrew them, we were told that our account was up to date, and we did not owe anything. The center had our phone numbers and our new address, and we never were informed of fees owed. We are now receiving a bill and late fees from march of 2009. We even received an end of the year fees paid from them when it was time to do taxes at the beginning of the year, and nothing was mentioned we owed anything. Do I have any rights? Do I have to pay this?help!!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming