Go Back Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum > Daycare Yard Sign

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Thread: Daycare Yard Sign Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
06-04-2012 12:07 PM
Childminder Contact your local township/city/county land ordinance dept. I went on line and researched my township's regulations they are pretty specific.
06-02-2012 10:29 AM
EchoMom I am in Ohio and was also wondering about this so I did a lot of calling around and the person I finally spoke with said it was fine to have a business sign as long as it wasn't more than 10sq. feet. I had signs made up but really have barely used them. I put them out for a week (no phone number on them, only website) but got no hits, but again I didnt' put them out very long at all and didn't need to since I'm already full. But I have them if I ever need to, I think the closer the customer lives the better!
06-02-2012 04:41 AM
annafaye1985 I have a poster sign & two car magnet signs that go right on you car that have your business name and number! I payed 40.00 for two of them...
05-24-2012 05:07 PM
seebachers I don't know where you are located, but here if you put up a sign for child care and the county sees can then be re-zoned for commercial and thus pay higher taxes. That was according to our licensor
05-24-2012 04:25 PM
Michael I haven't found anything in your state guidelines that seem to prevent you from advertising on your front lawn but you may need to be licensed in order to do so. Your city ordinances may also have some stipulations. I suggest you contact your city clerk and ask.
05-24-2012 02:14 PM
JeepGirl6 Ok. Thank you very much I appreciate it!
05-24-2012 02:10 PM
Michael In your state standards it appears that they had mentioned that you could but struck it from the guidelines in section 5101:2-16-07:

(B) Develop and maintain an ongoing child care provider recruitment and retention program. Recruit individuals and groups interested in certification as in-home aides or in developing and operating suitable licensed child care centers, licensed type A family child care homes, or certified type B family child care homes, especially in areas with high concentrations of Ohio works first (OWF) participants. The CDJFS shall provide consultation to interested individuals and groups. The CDJFS shall develop and implement procedures for the recruitment of an adequate number of licensed child care centers, licensed type A homes, certified type B homes and certified in-home aides to meet the need for publicly funded child care services in the county.

The procedures may include newspaper, television and radio advertising, use of posters and flyers, and other contacts with community groups. The CDJFS may use applicants referred by a caretaker including relatives of the children served.

Not sure why they struck this. I will see if there is a more up to date reference.
05-24-2012 02:06 PM
JeepGirl6 I Live in Ohio
05-24-2012 02:02 PM
Michael What state are you in. Each state has advertising quidelines that must be met.
05-24-2012 01:54 PM
JeepGirl6 I am not licensed but plan to get licensed in the future. I have an EIN Number. If I am not licensed am I allowed to create a daycare name and put a professional child care sign in my front yard that I have made up? I am thinking about doing this to try to get more children. Thanks

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 AM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming