Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum > WWYD? (Long)

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Thread: WWYD? (Long) Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
08-13-2016 10:48 AM
spedmommy4 I agree with the above post. I just tell parents to please give me a call when they are ready to start and see if space is available. I know many do but, I don't hold spaces, paid or unpaid.
08-13-2016 10:10 AM
Josiegirl In the past I would've done just as you have, worked with them at the sacrifice of my own pay. I can't do it anymore. I would reiterate what you told them before and give them a date to either start ft or you'll have to look for another dcf. I know you like them and that makes it hard but it's also your paycheck, one that has been significantly reduced because you've sacrificed it.
Good luck!!
08-13-2016 10:02 AM
Heart12 I interviewed a pregnant DCM a few months ago & I felt like I had found the perfect family, so I decided to hold the spot & we agreed to start 8/15. I also agreed to NOT charge them for their week vacation. (it was before I found this forum/learned SO MUCH).
2wks ago DCM asked if I would take DCB 2x/wk for 2 weeks & if she could just pay the daily rate & then start full time on the 15th. I agreed because it was extra money until she was going to start full time.
Yesterday DCD drops off & says that he was laid off that morning & wanted to know if I would allow them to start full time 2wks from now & just apply the $ that they have already paid to that week. This would put me at 2 more weeks UNPAID. I told them that since they have already paid for the 1st week of care, they could bring DCB next week. I also told them that if they wanted to use the following week as their "unpaid vacation" that would be fine. I explained to them that Im trying to help them as much as possible, but that I cant afford to keep putting the start date off. Is that fair? What would you have done? I know NOW that I should have never even opened the door to negotiating Also, I havent heard back from them since last night about what they have decided to do. Being in limbo has me soooo stressed out at this point. I really like them, but there are TONS of parents looking for infant spots in my area & I am relying heavily on the $ from my infant families. Any advice is so much appreciated!!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming