Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum > I Can't Seem to Make a Decision on Closing

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Thread: I Can't Seem to Make a Decision on Closing Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
03-24-2020 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
There ARE people infected around you, you just donít know it yet because they have not been tested or have not gone to emergency. Close before it is too late. HBP and advanced age are risk factors.
Yep, I agree. The virus is everywhere. People have had it and recovered. People are carriers, ect. If you don't need the money you should close and protect yourself.
03-24-2020 11:36 AM
Reimel61 I've had the same problem. Right now we have 4 cases in our county and 4 deaths in our state. Down to three kids right now. Family of one child both parents already worked from home. Was told last night that one family with two of the other kids would be their last day today. She was going to be teleworking from home, she's a nurse practitioner. She comes in today and plans have changed. She was laid off instead and now is going to be going to our local hospital to work. I have struggled to keep open these last two weeks with great anxiety. With her now at the hospital won't help. My husband is 62 and a smoker and I'm 59 with no known health conditions. I stated yesterday that I would more than likely close this Friday for a period of two weeks and see how things are. Said all this to say I feel your pain and I am going to do what's best for my husband and I. While I'm not doing this for the fun of it we're not financially strapped. So that helps. I wish you the best.
03-23-2020 08:01 PM
kendallina I agree with most here, unless you absolutely need the money, close.

You said that you would close if your county went to 'shelter in place'. Your county is NOT properly leading you. Your state is not leading you. We need leaders who can lead in this time. YOU can decide to LEAD yourself. Don't wait for others to tell you what to do. LEAD yourself and make your own decision on this. If you can close, close. It's okay, parents will figure it out.
03-23-2020 04:45 PM
Mike If you don't need the money, close. You could offer part time, or even just some assistance, but it would be good for the dad to take this time to learn how to be a dad.
03-23-2020 03:39 PM
Ariana There ARE people infected around you, you just donít know it yet because they have not been tested or have not gone to emergency. Close before it is too late. HBP and advanced age are risk factors.
03-23-2020 01:55 PM
e.j. I agree with CH. If you need to stay open for financial reasons, that's one thing. Keep in mind that although there may be no reported cases in your county, you can almost bet there are people within your county who either have it or have been exposed to it and are now carriers - but it hasn't been reported because they haven't been tested or hospitalized. You'd still be taking a risk. open.

If you feel strongly that you want to help the family until you're forced to close by the state, could you offer to care for the kids a few hours a day or every other day to give dcd a break? You'd still be at potential risk but you could get some of the time off you need right now.
03-23-2020 01:32 PM
Cat Herder It may be a gift to the kids to make Dad learn how to be a Dad. Enabling him isn't doing the marriage or family any favors.

Just another viewpoint for a push.

If you need the money, and that is what makes the risk worth it, that is different.
03-23-2020 01:18 PM
Sunchimes I am weighing all of my options about closing. Just the facts as of today.
1.I only have one family with 3 kids. Mom is essential personnel. Dad is not, but is helpless at caring for these 3 kids. He tries, but, it usually is a mess.
2.There is no virus in our county as of this morning, but the next county over (where most people work) is on shelter in place.
3. The other county lists home daycares as essential healthcare businesses. I feel like ours will do the same.
4. I am in the high risk group because of my age. I also have controlled HBP. Other than that, I am healthy.

I am thinking that I will stay open until they do shelter in place. Our county leaders are adamantly opposed to doing this. I don't know why. And our governor seems equally opposed. So, I don't know if they will react in a timely fashion. And, I really, really want the time off. I went back to work 4 days after my husband died to help this family who couldn't find other care. That was fine, hard, but it was ok. But, I really crave some alone time, some time to be by myself with no responsibilities. But, this family was wonderful to us when my husband was so sick and in and out of the hospital. I feel like I owe them some support in return. So, anyone have any insight that might help me make up my mind?

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming