Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back Forum > Daycare and Taxes > Another Mortgage Depreciation Question

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Thread: Another Mortgage Depreciation Question Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-08-2011 03:56 PM
TomCopeland You should always claim the time-space % of your property tax, mortgage interest, depreciation on your home, and other house expenses. You can start deducting these items as soon as your business begins. You don't need to have to live in your home for 5 years to claim any house expenses. Once you do sell your home you will need to pay tax on the house depreciation you have been claiming since you started using your home for your business.

Join me on February 28th for my webinar "How to Reduce Your Taxes for 2010 and 2011. For more info:
02-08-2011 10:11 AM
marniewon I thought I read on here that in order to claim any mortgage depreciation I had to continue to live in my home for 5 years? We are moving at some point this year, so does that mean I can't claim it?

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 AM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming