Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum > Parents Not Paying - What Do You Do?

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Thread: Parents Not Paying - What Do You Do? Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-13-2013 03:05 PM
JLH I have reported the mom to the state and they will be kicking her off of the program. I texted the client to give her notice that I had reported her and she started getting nasty, throwing the personal insults and all that before flat out refusing to pay. Ehh, water off a duck's back and all that. She's stuck in a tough spot now, either eating crow and paying to get back her state assistance, or having to pay out-of-pocket. Short of taking her to small claims court, there's not much else I can do.
02-13-2013 02:18 PM
NeedaVaca Only accept payments in advance, this way you won't lose $. If they show up with no payment then you don't watch the DCK.
02-13-2013 02:13 PM
Blackcat31 A good rule of thumb is to never provide care without being paid in advance. This includes any co-pays for families on any type of child care assistance.

Since you have already provided the services and the family has not paid, I would suggest sending a certified letter to the family requesting payment in full by a certain date. If they fail to make the payment, file with small claims court.

There is a web-site for providers to report non-paying parents but I am unsure of how reliable or accurate it is. I think it is called Provider Watch but again, I don't know as I don't use it.
02-13-2013 02:10 PM
proudmommyofthree I forgot to mention that when we report to the agency that a Cleo t is t paying their portion they will kick the parent off the program. Hope hat helps
02-13-2013 02:09 PM
proudmommyofthree I know here in California if a paren doesn't pay their "family fee" we cod report them to the state agency that pays for the child care. I'm not sure how he co-pay would work. I would contact the agency first and asks them. I'm sure other well experienced providers on here can give you better advise .bhope you get your money back.
02-13-2013 02:02 PM
JLH I recently got back into licensed childcare. I just terminated a state paid parent for not paying her co-pay. She lied to me and told me she was going to get my money and never returned. What do you guys do for parents that don't pay? Do you take them to small claims court or let it go? Also, is there a website that daycare providers use to report clients for not paying? I know that there are rental history checks and credit checks but is there someplace I should be reporting this parent for other providers to be on the lookout? Is there any resource out there for me to check on parents that come over to do tours to see if they have stiffed other daycares? I have a feeling that this woman has jumped from daycare to daycare doing this.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 AM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming