Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back Forum > Daycare and Taxes > Help!!!!Re: Receipts For Food, Etc

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Thread: Help!!!!Re: Receipts For Food, Etc Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-04-2011 06:45 PM
TomCopeland Enter your food expenses on Schedule C, line 27 Other Expenses.
02-04-2011 08:24 AM
thatgagirl Where do you list the meal expenses? Maybe I am looking over it? I am using tax slayer
02-03-2011 09:22 AM
momofboys Thank you, thank you!!!! I appreciate the information!
01-28-2011 08:17 AM
Jewels The first week of this year, I decided to do my grocery shopping seperately, because I figured I would get a better deduction, especially since I buy all organic fruits and vegetables for daycare, and you know what, the standard deduction actually gives me more money.
01-28-2011 08:08 AM
TomCopeland Everyone's responses to janarae are correct. If you use the standard meal allowance rate drinks are included in this, so you don't get an extra deduction for drinks. You can always claim the actual cost of your food (including drinks) if you save all your business and personal food receipts.
01-28-2011 07:49 AM
safechner Anythingspossible is correct. I have saved all of my grocery receipts too but I found it is too much trouble to go through the receipts but I must have to save for tissue, toilet papers, baby wipes, some supplies, and paper towels to use on my taxes.

Now it got me thinking what about drinks? I bought a whole milk, apple juices, and any juice boxes for the daycare kids only. Do I have included standard deduction for meals or use different deduction?
01-28-2011 06:11 AM
MyAngels Also keep in mind that you can deduct more than the 3 meals/snacks that you are allowed to deduct on the food program on your taxes. I think it's up to six per day (only if you actually served that many, of course), if I remember correctly.
01-28-2011 06:06 AM
Jewels I didn't mean you had to be on the food program, she would just already have all the meal counts if she were.
01-28-2011 06:05 AM
AnythingsPossible You don't have to be on the food program to deduct the standard deduction for meals.
You can deduct 1.19 for breakfast, 2.21 for lunch, .66 for snack. So go through your daily enrollment and figure how many breakfasts, lunches and snacks you served and multiply them by the allowable amount. You can not claim meals for your own children, just the kids you watch. You do not need to have kept your grocery receipts!
01-28-2011 05:54 AM
Jewels Are you on the food program? You can just do the standard IRS deduction for meals, you just need to have a record of all the meals you served to this child..and you can't deduct gas, just mileage so again, records of all the miles you've driven, just for daycare, you can't claim mileage for everything, only if your trip was over 50% sole buisness purpose.
01-28-2011 05:45 AM
momofboys This will be my first year claiming & although it is not a bunch of $$$ (only cared for one family) I will admit I did not know about all the deductions I could take (for food, gas, etc). My problem is I did not keep receipts as I was fairly clueless as to being able to deduct food, etc. So am I out of luck? Do you really have to keep all your grocery receipts if there is daycare food included on there? Am I just unable to deduct anything since I don't have receipts? Thank you!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00 PM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming