Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum > Venting Thread

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Thread: Venting Thread Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-13-2018 06:05 AM
gumdrops The kids were playing dress-up and it was getting close to pick up time. I reminded them if they get picked up, they still have to put away the outfit they are wearing before they can leave. Well, DCD picked up earlier than expected and DCG4 was not happy. I reminded her we have to "be big" and if she is a big girl and listens, we can play with dress up clothes next time. She took her dress off but kept crying and saying she wanted to wear it, yada, yada. DCD tells her "if you really want a princess dress like that, all you have to do is ask me and we can get you one." I said, yep, you'll have to ask Santa!

I DON'T GET IT!!!! I just walked away at that point because I knew anything I said didn't matter to her anymore. But that was the first time I saw DCG and Dad in this kind of situation so it makes a lot of things make sense! And No, we will not be playing dress up on Monday!
10-11-2018 04:32 PM
storybookending Ew we had snow flurries this morning.. yesterday I was in shorts!

Took the kids outside and it wasnít that bad. The real feel says it ďfelt like 22 degreesĒ. I had 3 that didnít have mittens and 2 without hats but we scraped enough gear together. What a change in weather though. It was 70 yesterday. We were outside in tshirts!
10-11-2018 02:19 PM
Ariana We better not get snow, I am NOT ready for it! And who doesnít go outside when it snows?!

DCM sent 3-4T mittens for a 19 month old. She is ALWAYS sending clothes that is way too big. I had to go and get appropriate sized mittens off my local Buy Nothing FB group. Thankfully it is free but I am getting sick of having to have stashes of clothes for idiot parents.
10-11-2018 11:10 AM
LittleExplorers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
What is with parents? lol!

It's snowing up here...

Upon drop off, one of my DCPs said "I didn't bring X's coat today.
I figured it's snowing so you guys probably aren't going outside right?"


I am pretty sure my face was somewhere in between ....

Why would we not go outside because it's snowing?
Yes, or if one says so and so has a cold/ear infection etc can they stay in today? Yes, at home!

Thankfully most of my parents are always on board and most donate their extra winter gear at the end of the season so we go put anyway.

By the way, I am jealous of your snow!
10-11-2018 10:02 AM
sharlan I will scream if I hear "mom" one more time!

Dcg tattles every. single. time. dcb breathes. She is relentless today.
10-11-2018 07:30 AM
Cat Herder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Why would we not go outside because it's snowing?
Probably for the same reason I was expected to stay in today since it rained, yesterday.

Sure it is dreary grey, and will be windy this afternoon, but it feels glorious out right now.

I am so glad I have t-shirts, shoes and sweat pants for everyone. Most came in footed pajamas, today.
10-11-2018 07:14 AM
Blackcat31
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers View Post
Dear mom of new dcg,
My program is called Little Explorers, we went over in detail how we got out every day, weather permitting. Weather permitting as in no lightening and in winter wind chill at safe levels set by the state. Most of our non-napping hours are spent outside. You leaving your one year old's shoes at home because you thought it was too chilly today will not keep us inside. 40 degrees and windy is not too chilly. We live in MN.

It has been raining for a week. Out we go!
What is with parents? lol!

It's snowing up here...

Upon drop off, one of my DCPs said "I didn't bring X's coat today.
I figured it's snowing so you guys probably aren't going outside right?"


I am pretty sure my face was somewhere in between ....

Why would we not go outside because it's snowing?
10-11-2018 06:57 AM
LittleExplorers Dear mom of new dcg,
My program is called Little Explorers, we went over in detail how we got out every day, weather permitting. Weather permitting as in no lightening and in winter wind chill at safe levels set by the state. Most of our non-napping hours are spent outside. You leaving your one year old's shoes at home because you thought it was too chilly today will not keep us inside. 40 degrees and windy is not too chilly. We live in MN.

It has been raining for a week. Out we go!
10-11-2018 02:10 AM
Josiegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
One of my DCB's absolutely loves satin ribbon edged blankets, and sleeps with one every night. About a month ago I scored a white one at the local thrift store for $1. It is soft and fluffy, and he absolutely loves snuggling with it at nap. Because it was just plain white, I have spent the past couple weeks hand embroidering flannel patches out of my fabric bin to sew on and make it unique to him. I finished the last patch yesterday during nap. Because DCB was off today, I sewed them on during today's nap, as well as made a coordinating cot sheet for his transition to a cot.

Then I washed them. I opened my washer to find that something red had gotten into the washer with my previously white, green, and yellow blanket and sheet and tie-dyed them all bright red and pink. DCB didn't even get to see them before I ruined them! Ugh.

But, the fact that they are now pink does not take away from the fact that each patch is a picture of one of DCB's favorite things. Even if they are pink, they are both soft and fuzzy, clean and fresh smelling, and ready for a little boy to snuggle tomorrow. And the entire project only cost me $1.00, as I used fabric scraps and other supplies I already had. Always look for the bright side, right?
Can just feel the love that went into all of that!! What a sweet thing to do!!
10-10-2018 06:25 PM
Miss A One of my DCB's absolutely loves satin ribbon edged blankets, and sleeps with one every night. About a month ago I scored a white one at the local thrift store for $1. It is soft and fluffy, and he absolutely loves snuggling with it at nap. Because it was just plain white, I have spent the past couple weeks hand embroidering flannel patches out of my fabric bin to sew on and make it unique to him. I finished the last patch yesterday during nap. Because DCB was off today, I sewed them on during today's nap, as well as made a coordinating cot sheet for his transition to a cot.

Then I washed them. I opened my washer to find that something red had gotten into the washer with my previously white, green, and yellow blanket and sheet and tie-dyed them all bright red and pink. DCB didn't even get to see them before I ruined them! Ugh.

But, the fact that they are now pink does not take away from the fact that each patch is a picture of one of DCB's favorite things. Even if they are pink, they are both soft and fuzzy, clean and fresh smelling, and ready for a little boy to snuggle tomorrow. And the entire project only cost me $1.00, as I used fabric scraps and other supplies I already had. Always look for the bright side, right?
10-09-2018 03:48 AM
Josiegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
No, dcg this morning. Text dcm, dcd's bringing her at 11. I text dcd and tell him I only have A today so I'm out running errands. I was actually going to doctors' appts. Please let me know when you're coming. I'll be there at 11, 12:30 at the latest. Dcd shows up at 2:30.

7 1/2 months and I'm DONE!
Yeh, that would irritate me!!! I know many providers have a 'drop off' time limit. I don't but I can certainly see where in instances like this, it would be handy.
10-09-2018 03:43 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
No, dcg this morning. Text dcm, dcd's bringing her at 11. I text dcd and tell him I only have A today so I'm out running errands. I was actually going to doctors' appts. Please let me know when you're coming. I'll be there at 11, 12:30 at the latest. Dcd shows up at 2:30.

7 1/2 months and I'm DONE!
Ugh what is the point?
10-08-2018 04:11 PM
sharlan No, dcg this morning. Text dcm, dcd's bringing her at 11. I text dcd and tell him I only have A today so I'm out running errands. I was actually going to doctors' appts. Please let me know when you're coming. I'll be there at 11, 12:30 at the latest. Dcd shows up at 2:30.

7 1/2 months and I'm DONE!
10-08-2018 10:30 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
I think you owe it to the daycare kids to tell her no. Let that feeling fuel your ability to put up a clear boundary. In my state no one who is not background checked can be around the kids, naptime or not.
Seeing an ex-daycare parent that owes you money at the pumpkin patch with a cart full of stuff. I was so tempted to go up to her and say you have money for all this stuff but can't pay your bills.
10-05-2018 01:19 PM
daisymay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And of course, I just sit there all annoyed and aggravated because I don't have the guts to tell her no. I made the mistake of allowing it once, so now it's just expected.
I think you owe it to the daycare kids to tell her no. Let that feeling fuel your ability to put up a clear boundary. In my state no one who is not background checked can be around the kids, naptime or not.
10-05-2018 08:11 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice View Post
I have the same problem. Also with neighbors and friends who think I can do favors for them during the day because I'm home.
And of course, I just sit there all annoyed and aggravated because I don't have the guts to tell her no. I made the mistake of allowing it once, so now it's just expected.
10-05-2018 06:43 AM
gumdrops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
Why thank you mom for allowing your 15 month old to walk and dance on our kitchen table. As if that isnít rude or disrespectful enough, he then knocked over a glass of milk and she watched me clean it up.

TGIF ♥️
10-05-2018 06:03 AM
Ac114 Why thank you mom for allowing your 15 month old to walk and dance on our kitchen table. As if that isnít rude or disrespectful enough, he then knocked over a glass of milk and she watched me clean it up.

TGIF ♥️
10-05-2018 05:52 AM
Indoorvoice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whenever my MIL has family visit, she thinks it's okay to stop by and visit. It happens every single time. Does no one get that this is my job?! There's never a good time for you stop by and visit. I'm working.
Last time she brought 4 extra people at nap time. This time she wants to bring 2 extra people at lunch time.
Drives me bonkers.
I have the same problem. Also with neighbors and friends who think I can do favors for them during the day because I'm home.
10-05-2018 05:45 AM
Unregistered Whenever my MIL has family visit, she thinks it's okay to stop by and visit. It happens every single time. Does no one get that this is my job?! There's never a good time for you stop by and visit. I'm working.
Last time she brought 4 extra people at nap time. This time she wants to bring 2 extra people at lunch time.
Drives me bonkers.
10-04-2018 09:48 AM
BumbleBee Almost 4 yo dcg just hocked a loogie onto her pillow...on purpose. Then complained her pillow is icky. Told her to flip it over and go to sleep. Someone will be stripping their cot and putting all of their bedding in the wash after nap time today.

Is it Friday at 6pm yet????????
10-02-2018 09:16 AM
Ac114 I love when 4 year olds tell on their parents! DCG woke up and told her mom she didn’t feel well. “My mommy gave me medicine and said I will feel better and to ask to watch a movie and lay down”

Really? I’m over idiot parents.
10-02-2018 08:55 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had to update my policy this year because of this. I had a dcb that had a 103 fever at one point and mom swore it was teething. A couple days later, our own child got strep. Can't say for sure it was from this child, but it was too much of a coincidence since no one else was sick. I told her that daycare would be closed because our son had strep, but I told her that I hoped dcb was feeling better. She responded with "well it wasn't from dcb because his fever was from teething."
So frustrating.
My policy now states that any fever 100 or over "for any reason" stays home.
103 fever from teething
10-02-2018 08:44 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sorry DCM 103 fever isn't from teething. I hate the teething excuse more than anything!!!! PS your doctor is a quack!

I had to update my policy this year because of this. I had a dcb that had a 103 fever at one point and mom swore it was teething. A couple days later, our own child got strep. Can't say for sure it was from this child, but it was too much of a coincidence since no one else was sick. I told her that daycare would be closed because our son had strep, but I told her that I hoped dcb was feeling better. She responded with "well it wasn't from dcb because his fever was from teething."
So frustrating.
My policy now states that any fever 100 or over "for any reason" stays home.
10-02-2018 07:40 AM
Blackcat31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sorry DCM 103 fever isn't from teething. I hate the teething excuse more than anything!!!! PS your doctor is a quack!
It makes no difference if it's from teething or because it's Tuesday. I exclude anyone with a fever over 100.1F so the child would be required to stay home regardless.
10-02-2018 06:19 AM
Unregistered sorry DCM 103 fever isn't from teething. I hate the teething excuse more than anything!!!! PS your doctor is a quack!
10-01-2018 02:24 PM
sharlan Is it Friday yet?
10-01-2018 11:23 AM
MomBoss I leave for vacation on wed and i feel like im coming down with a cold! Im hoping its just because my house is cold and thats why my nose is a little runny and im just being paranoid. Ive taken a bunch of vitamins, elderberry, and even took some cold medicine! This vacation cant be ruined, its the first time me and husband will be kid free in over a year! :-P
10-01-2018 10:53 AM
Miss A Once upon a time I was a nap time genius. I had my entire group on the same sleep schedule, everyone laid down without a fuss, and stayed laying down for the duration without telling or screaming.

Now, I feel like a nap time flop. I have a 7mo DCB who will only nap 10-30 minutes when laid in his PNP, and only 2x/day. I have a 2.9 and a 2.2 DCBs who both scream during nap. It started on stormy days, and now it is every day. I don't give special treatment, I dont play into their tantrums, they are expected to lay in their beds until our set rest period is over. And yet every single day I end up beyond stressed by 12:30, when all 5 kids are wide awake and crabby.
09-28-2018 04:33 PM
Leigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean View Post

a mother recommended a woman on a FB group I'm in for child care in my town. said she has a licensed childcare out of her home and has been doing it or 15 years and is awesome.
I've done my research on this area as most of you I think would. I know ever licensed home because
1 its a small small town and
2 ever provider is listed on the states website if they are truly licensed weather they like it or not
so I look this up thinking i don't think i could have missed this being that I've run a home daycare in this town on and off for the past 4 years and sure enough i am the only one listed in my town.
SOOOOO.
this lady is apparently giving the impression to her families, if not just flat out telling them, that she is licensed, and they obviously like that so much they advertise that FOR HER on FB when in fact she isn't! and I'm over her jumping through all the state hoops and paying all the state fines and taking all the required state classes and doing all the paperwork and making sure i don't even leave a single item out of place. following all rule, I'm sure you get it... ugh just so mad and that lady is just reaping the benefits of having a license without having one by what just saying she has one? bet she isn't even following ratios! and taking my business too and probably charging less because why not? she doesn't have to pay for trainings or sanitizing stuff or proper changing pads or nap mats or cribs to meet standards?
And the sickest thing about this is that the parents don't even know it. they take these kids thinking "oh little old licensed grandma is so sweet and would never do anything wrong' until, God forbid it, that ladies lack of following the rules catches up with her in a big way and one of those babies gets hurt!

and everyone is surprised.........
I would post a link to the state website to search for licensed providers (make sure that the link is the one for your city that lists only you) with a message that says "Here's a link for you to the state website that allows you to search for licensed providers in your area-it lists ALL licensed providers in the state". It's a way to look helpful AND let people know that the OP's pants are on fire!
09-28-2018 10:39 AM
BrynleeJean
a mother recommended a woman on a FB group I'm in for child care in my town. said she has a licensed childcare out of her home and has been doing it or 15 years and is awesome.
I've done my research on this area as most of you I think would. I know ever licensed home because
1 its a small small town and
2 ever provider is listed on the states website if they are truly licensed weather they like it or not
so I look this up thinking i don't think i could have missed this being that I've run a home daycare in this town on and off for the past 4 years and sure enough i am the only one listed in my town.
SOOOOO.
this lady is apparently giving the impression to her families, if not just flat out telling them, that she is licensed, and they obviously like that so much they advertise that FOR HER on FB when in fact she isn't! and I'm over her jumping through all the state hoops and paying all the state fines and taking all the required state classes and doing all the paperwork and making sure i don't even leave a single item out of place. following all rule, I'm sure you get it... ugh just so mad and that lady is just reaping the benefits of having a license without having one by what just saying she has one? bet she isn't even following ratios! and taking my business too and probably charging less because why not? she doesn't have to pay for trainings or sanitizing stuff or proper changing pads or nap mats or cribs to meet standards?
And the sickest thing about this is that the parents don't even know it. they take these kids thinking "oh little old licensed grandma is so sweet and would never do anything wrong' until, God forbid it, that ladies lack of following the rules catches up with her in a big way and one of those babies gets hurt!

and everyone is surprised.........
09-27-2018 01:58 PM
sharlan Why must the city tree trimmers park their noisy wood chipper in front of my house at naptime?

It's been going for nearly an hour.

Between them and the trash trucks I can't believe my kids are asleep.
09-27-2018 05:28 AM
CeridwenLynne Not a huge vent but Iím really grossed out. We have a teenage girl working in our center who refuses to use gloves when wiping kids snotty noses or cleaning up scraped knees. Ugh! Maybe itís not as bad as not wearing them to wipe dirty bottoms or cleaning up puke but itís still nasty.
09-26-2018 07:50 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You know what, dcm?
It is really inappropriate to make remarks about other children in my care. I know you think that your kids are the cutest, most advanced children that I have in my care, but it is NOT okay for you to insult someone else's child.
You say it in a way that makes it sound like a joke, but it's really not funny.
Also, stop being nosey and looking at the sign-in sheet everyday! You do not need to know why someone is not at daycare or why they were here early.
Rant over!
And you also do not need to know if a parent was running late for work this morning.
"Is dcm running late or something? I passed her on the road."
I swear, this mom is something else.
09-26-2018 07:07 AM
gumdrops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Why do scheduled early arrivals and pickups always tend to show up later than their usual time?

Hurry up and wait folks.
Parents today are just "so busy" with their kids and we just sit around all day, so our time really doesn't matter, right??
09-26-2018 04:19 AM
Cat Herder Why do scheduled early arrivals and pickups always tend to show up later than their usual time?

Hurry up and wait folks.
09-25-2018 03:05 PM
sharlan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
So happy today is over! DCB21 mo bites DCG2 in the 30 sec it takes me to go to the bathroom. They were the only 2 in the room so I know it was him. Dad is obviously not happy when he picks up. Worst part is DCG is not well behaved! So I know she provoked him, which is no excuse to bite, but I just know how it probably went down.

I had a bad biter years ago who left on their own cause mom was tired of getting bad reports. After she left I felt bad because the girl who was being bit was actually the problem, if that makes sense!

Is it Friday yet?!
Yes, it makes since. My dcb has bit dcg 4 times over the past 9 most. She is 3 most older and VERY bossy. She constantly takes toys away, tells him what to do/not do every 5 mins, anything to antagonize him.
09-25-2018 02:28 PM
gumdrops So happy today is over! DCB21 mo bites DCG2 in the 30 sec it takes me to go to the bathroom. They were the only 2 in the room so I know it was him. Dad is obviously not happy when he picks up. Worst part is DCG is not well behaved! So I know she provoked him, which is no excuse to bite, but I just know how it probably went down.

I had a bad biter years ago who left on their own cause mom was tired of getting bad reports. After she left I felt bad because the girl who was being bit was actually the problem, if that makes sense!

Is it Friday yet?!
09-25-2018 10:58 AM
storybookending I get a message yesterday from a woman that Iíve known since I was a child. Her sister was my daycare provider. Sheís asking about taking on the newborn of a coworker of hers just from January-August while she waits for a spot on the waitlist of the daycare she wants to open. The daycare is a center in a town about 35 minutes away, although I have no idea where this family is currently living but it sounds like itís way out of the way they are just desperate to find a spot anywhere. How do you nicely say ďno I will not be taking on a newborn and doing all of the work and then saying goodbye as soon as they get easyĒ. Lol. Also the question is rhetorical as I just told her I didnít have an infant space. I have begun to loathe infants in group care. One on one they are my favorite but I have no desire to take on one for a long time!

Side bar I have my goddaughter in care today (3 months) sheís fine and the kids love her but man I made the right decision telling the above family no.
09-25-2018 10:39 AM
daycarediva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee View Post
4/10 kids knocked over their milk/cereal at morning snack. ALL because they were playing or not sitting correctly.

Monday retraining is fun, said no one ever.

SAME. I almost regret three day weekends, they're so much harder to fix. I also have a bunch of T-F kids so Monday AND Tuesday are rough here.
09-24-2018 01:08 PM
sharlan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee View Post
4/10 kids knocked over their milk/cereal at morning snack. ALL because they were playing or not sitting correctly.

Monday retraining is fun, said no one ever.

Tell me about it.

Dcb took a 30 min nap, wide awake now.

It took dcg 1 hr to fall asleep today.

I have had 5 sales calls in 1 hr. I would have taken my phone off the hook but I'm waiting for 2 important calls.
09-24-2018 11:56 AM
Hunni Bee 4/10 kids knocked over their milk/cereal at morning snack. ALL because they were playing or not sitting correctly.

Monday retraining is fun, said no one ever.
09-24-2018 10:46 AM
Indoorvoice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You know what, dcm?
It is really inappropriate to make remarks about other children in my care. I know you think that your kids are the cutest, most advanced children that I have in my care, but it is NOT okay for you to insult someone else's child.
You say it in a way that makes it sound like a joke, but it's really not funny.
Also, stop being nosey and looking at the sign-in sheet everyday! You do not need to know why someone is not at daycare or why they were here early.
Rant over!
I had one like this only she made snide comments about my own child. Her time here was not long.
09-24-2018 09:47 AM
Unregistered You know what, dcm?
It is really inappropriate to make remarks about other children in my care. I know you think that your kids are the cutest, most advanced children that I have in my care, but it is NOT okay for you to insult someone else's child.
You say it in a way that makes it sound like a joke, but it's really not funny.
Also, stop being nosey and looking at the sign-in sheet everyday! You do not need to know why someone is not at daycare or why they were here early.
Rant over!
09-20-2018 09:31 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Just had to type up 3 letters for non-payment and send them certified mail. There are some entitled parents out there these days.
1 of them is state aid and was too lazy to do her paperwork. The state told me if she doesn't pay they are cutting her assistance until she does. That is at least one victory for me. She of course ignored my communication so off her certified letter goes. She has until Tuesday to contact me or the letter for non-payment goes to the state.
She has another kid in a center so karma will hit her good.
09-18-2018 11:20 AM
Cat Herder
Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I am 18 days into KidKare and I HATE IT SO MUCH!

FP is using it now, and there is a disgruntled provider meeting tomorrow. I'm going. If enough of us threaten to abandon ship, they'll let us go back to paper and pen, right??
If it were not for the fact it makes tax preparation so crazy easy for me I would have already flown the coop. I wish they'd give us the choice to stay with MMK-Pro. I am not even on the food program, I am private pay.
09-18-2018 11:12 AM
daycarediva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
and on and on and on and on

So sick of this.
I am 18 days into KidKare and I HATE IT SO MUCH!

FP is using it now, and there is a disgruntled provider meeting tomorrow. I'm going. If enough of us threaten to abandon ship, they'll let us go back to paper and pen, right??
09-18-2018 09:42 AM
Cat Herder
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Just had to type up 3 letters for non-payment and send them certified mail. There are some entitled parents out there these days.
Oh, no. Sorry. Not a great start to the holiday season. At all. Fingers crossed all with be resolved before Halloween.
09-18-2018 09:11 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
How did you guess.

Thank you for your patience. I hate customer service calls. Spent the entire naptime yesterday arguing with my insurance company that yes, they did need information from me to continue my claim. I had three notices, all mailed the same day to me , stating that was what was holding up payment of my primary care physician. Could not get the employee to grasp that I needed them to either ask me what they needed or approve the claim, either/or. I really did not care which, just needed movement. Three employees and an hour and a half later I was given a reference number and told to contact my doctor to have them submit again?? You know, the employee that did their job right the first time and the client who pays for their service. We have to do the work.
Just had to type up 3 letters for non-payment and send them certified mail. There are some entitled parents out there these days.
09-18-2018 07:09 AM
Cat Herder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
KidKare?


I've been waiting in queue FOREVAH!

You are currently number 10 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 23 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 05 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 14 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 39 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 03 in line. Thank you for your patience

Yes, the current number keeps changing....

If I do finally get connected, I won't be very pleasant to deal with as my customer satisfaction level is dwindling fast.
Faster than my number is coming up in queue.
How did you guess.

Thank you for your patience. I hate customer service calls. Spent the entire naptime yesterday arguing with my insurance company that yes, they did need information from me to continue my claim. I had three notices, all mailed the same day to me , stating that was what was holding up payment of my primary care physician. Could not get the employee to grasp that I needed them to either ask me what they needed or approve the claim, either/or. I really did not care which, just needed movement. Three employees and an hour and a half later I was given a reference number and told to contact my doctor to have them submit again?? You know, the employee that did their job right the first time and the client who pays for their service. We have to do the work.
09-18-2018 01:40 AM
Josiegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
I hate delivery people.

Just kicked Lowes delivery out of my house.

Guy came to the door, introduced himself, asked to see where the washer was going.

THEN told me, before walking 5 feet, you have to sign this waiver for your walls and staircase. We are going to use a dolly and we will be hitting your walls at the turns.

Uh, hell, no! Lowes can have someone else install it.

(This will be the 3rd washer in 13 years and they've used the 2 man straps each time.)

He suggested I cancel the order and go buy from Best Buy.

I politely told him to reload the washer and I would call Lowes.

I am not giving them carte blanche to hit my walls.
I bought my fridge from Lowes this past Christmas season. They never made me sign anything but by the time they had the fridge in place, there were marks on my floor. I never said anything because my kitchen floor is old and a mess anyways but if my floor had been in decent shape, I'd have been pi$$ed. Good for you for speaking up!

Oh and Best Buy?? My dd had a run-in with their tech dept. a few years back. She brought her computer in to have it fixed, they messed it up worse but charged her $100, took forever, and tried to make her sign a paper saying she was happy with their service before they'd return it to her. She refused to sign anything and was so angry. She paid the money so they still gave it back to her.
09-17-2018 02:51 PM
sharlan I hate delivery people.

Just kicked Lowes delivery out of my house.

Guy came to the door, introduced himself, asked to see where the washer was going.

THEN told me, before walking 5 feet, you have to sign this waiver for your walls and staircase. We are going to use a dolly and we will be hitting your walls at the turns.

Uh, hell, no! Lowes can have someone else install it.

(This will be the 3rd washer in 13 years and they've used the 2 man straps each time.)

He suggested I cancel the order and go buy from Best Buy.

I politely told him to reload the washer and I would call Lowes.

I am not giving them carte blanche to hit my walls.
09-17-2018 02:17 PM
Blackcat31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
and on and on and on and on

So sick of this.
KidKare?


I've been waiting in queue FOREVAH!

You are currently number 10 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 23 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 05 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 14 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 39 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 03 in line. Thank you for your patience

Yes, the current number keeps changing....

If I do finally get connected, I won't be very pleasant to deal with as my customer satisfaction level is dwindling fast.
Faster than my number is coming up in queue.
09-17-2018 01:20 PM
Ac114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daycare is in out downstairs, parents walk through our upstairs and come down. I have this one mom who does the weirdest things sometimes!
She lets her child jump on our couch with his shoes on. I have to tell him to get down, because she will not do it. We are putting in a wood stove and my husband just got the platform done for it this weekend and she tells me as they are coming down the stairs, "Oh, dcb thinks that his platform! He's playing on it and dancing around!"
UM, why are you allowing your child to do that!?
I told her I didn't know if the grout was dry so he can't be on it (I asked my husband if it was dry, good thing it was!) I just don't understand why she would think that was appropriate.
Grrr. I would never allow my children to jump on someone else's couch or play on something that is clearly not meant for playing on.
Thanks for letting me vent!!
I would be so mad. Idk why parents don’t think at all. I have a mom who puts her child’s shoes on my kitchen table everyday and everyday I take them off the table and put them where hey belong. It’s so gross.
09-17-2018 10:27 AM
Cat Herder Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
and on and on and on and on

So sick of this.
09-17-2018 09:28 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daycare is in out downstairs, parents walk through our upstairs and come down. I have this one mom who does the weirdest things sometimes!
She lets her child jump on our couch with his shoes on. I have to tell him to get down, because she will not do it. We are putting in a wood stove and my husband just got the platform done for it this weekend and she tells me as they are coming down the stairs, "Oh, dcb thinks that his platform! He's playing on it and dancing around!"
UM, why are you allowing your child to do that!?
I told her I didn't know if the grout was dry so he can't be on it (I asked my husband if it was dry, good thing it was!) I just don't understand why she would think that was appropriate.
Grrr. I would never allow my children to jump on someone else's couch or play on something that is clearly not meant for playing on.
Thanks for letting me vent!!
Wow very disrespectful!
09-17-2018 08:08 AM
Unregistered My daycare is in out downstairs, parents walk through our upstairs and come down. I have this one mom who does the weirdest things sometimes!
She lets her child jump on our couch with his shoes on. I have to tell him to get down, because she will not do it. We are putting in a wood stove and my husband just got the platform done for it this weekend and she tells me as they are coming down the stairs, "Oh, dcb thinks that his platform! He's playing on it and dancing around!"
UM, why are you allowing your child to do that!?
I told her I didn't know if the grout was dry so he can't be on it (I asked my husband if it was dry, good thing it was!) I just don't understand why she would think that was appropriate.
Grrr. I would never allow my children to jump on someone else's couch or play on something that is clearly not meant for playing on.
Thanks for letting me vent!!
09-17-2018 02:53 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
Was throwing up last night. My first thought was ďwho brought their child to daycare after throwing up?!Ē
These parents now days are the worst.
I told parents interviewing in August that I would be closed the 14th for a wedding. I had a parent not pay last week told her of the fees and she was late. She is trying to argue that I closed last minute on her
No lady you were told twice. You just chose not to pay attention. I am done letting people walk all over me. She then says she will pay daily as she looks for a new daycare. There is a two week notice required for daycare so you will not be bringing your child to me until you find a replacement.
09-14-2018 11:58 AM
MomBoss Was throwing up last night. My first thought was ďwho brought their child to daycare after throwing up?!Ē
09-12-2018 11:24 AM
Deemcs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
Oh boy!

Hmm let's see. Today I was hit 3 times and threatened with a rather large block. (To which I said "Don't You DARE!") All by the same child.

Where do these kids come from?

Thankfully my co-worker came to my rescue (she has been hit by same child as well).

I went home and had a banana split. If this kid keeps it up I'm going to be as big as a house!
09-12-2018 06:20 AM
Blackcat31
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom View Post
I washed a board book.
My washing machine and all my clothes are a wreck.

Plus my board book is ruined.
Ugh! that sucks....

I wash Kleenex all the time

Picking tiny bits of stuff out of the washing machine sucks.

Hopefully it is an easily replaceable board book.
09-12-2018 01:24 AM
LysesKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
There a couple moms breast-feeding that I go to church with and they use those wrap/covers when they nurse. Their kids are getting so big/old that the kids are rolling on their moms laps back and forth up under the wrap to eat....It doesn't bother me but it is kinda funny to watch. I think if my sons as babies had done that it would have annoyed me. ...I was always "you eat, then you are done" just like with a bottle, I couldn't handle the constant back and forth game
Yep, had a few of those moms in my daycare... still BF at almost 2, mom walks in & first thing kid needs comfort nursing before they can leave. I accommodate it because I am so small & all my kids age out by 24 months. Now I will be selling off everything because I have to close for good this week
09-11-2018 09:48 AM
Annalee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
There is nothing sexual about a breast besides what America has made them. The WHO recommends breastfeeding until the age of 2. Most countries breastfeed anywhere from 2-4 as the normal age before self weaning.

Breastfed babies will indeed play with boobs as non breastfed babies play with bottles.
There a couple moms breast-feeding that I go to church with and they use those wrap/covers when they nurse. Their kids are getting so big/old that the kids are rolling on their moms laps back and forth up under the wrap to eat....It doesn't bother me but it is kinda funny to watch. I think if my sons as babies had done that it would have annoyed me. ...I was always "you eat, then you are done" just like with a bottle, I couldn't handle the constant back and forth game
09-11-2018 07:33 AM
Ac114
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
Not a vent, more of an annoyance. Since DCG was 1, she has been sticking her hand in her moms shirt at pick up. I get it, she's BF and she hasn't seen mom all day. She is now 18 months old, still sticks her hand in moms shirt, says "boobies...boobies" mom just laughs and lets her keep her hand in there. It really bothers me. I've never BF, so maybe it's normal, but I have never seen this before. I think it's the fact that mom allows her to keep her hand in her shirt while she's talking to me. Last week, she had her breast half exposed from DCG's hand pulling on her shirt. I don't think the other parents would appreciate their kids seeing that. I would understand if she was nursing and was partially exposed, but she's just standing in my entry way talking to me like no big deal.

There is nothing sexual about a breast besides what America has made them. The WHO recommends breastfeeding until the age of 2. Most countries breastfeed anywhere from 2-4 as the normal age before self weaning.

Breastfed babies will indeed play with boobs as non breastfed babies play with bottles.
09-11-2018 03:40 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
Not a vent, more of an annoyance. Since DCG was 1, she has been sticking her hand in her moms shirt at pick up. I get it, she's BF and she hasn't seen mom all day. She is now 18 months old, still sticks her hand in moms shirt, says "boobies...boobies" mom just laughs and lets her keep her hand in there. It really bothers me. I've never BF, so maybe it's normal, but I have never seen this before. I think it's the fact that mom allows her to keep her hand in her shirt while she's talking to me. Last week, she had her breast half exposed from DCG's hand pulling on her shirt. I don't think the other parents would appreciate their kids seeing that. I would understand if she was nursing and was partially exposed, but she's just standing in my entry way talking to me like no big deal.
Sure I will be flamed for saying this but when a kid can say boobies imo it is time to stop.
09-10-2018 02:24 PM
happymom I washed a board book.
My washing machine and all my clothes are a wreck.

Plus my board book is ruined.
09-10-2018 12:31 PM
gumdrops Not a vent, more of an annoyance. Since DCG was 1, she has been sticking her hand in her moms shirt at pick up. I get it, she's BF and she hasn't seen mom all day. She is now 18 months old, still sticks her hand in moms shirt, says "boobies...boobies" mom just laughs and lets her keep her hand in there. It really bothers me. I've never BF, so maybe it's normal, but I have never seen this before. I think it's the fact that mom allows her to keep her hand in her shirt while she's talking to me. Last week, she had her breast half exposed from DCG's hand pulling on her shirt. I don't think the other parents would appreciate their kids seeing that. I would understand if she was nursing and was partially exposed, but she's just standing in my entry way talking to me like no big deal.
09-10-2018 10:03 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos View Post
Plus at pickup today tell Mom kiddo needs to come prepared for the day with appropriate clothing. That if it happens again they will be sent back home to get proper clothing for the weather.

It is sometimes ridiculous how much parenting the grown ups need!
Very true! Parents are my current stressor.
09-10-2018 09:42 AM
Kimskiddos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
Its 45į this morning. High's in the mid 60's forecasted. Same DCM and DCB as 2 posts ago. DCB arrived in shorts and a T- shirt again, with no coat. DCM also carried in cough medicine, as DCB has a deep, chesty cough. Seriously DCM, dress your kid in weather appropriate clothing, supply proper outdoor gear, and maybe then your kid wouldn't be sick so early in the season! Ugh. Some parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
Nope, I would send chesty cough home - I don't give meds unless it's life threatening like EPI
Plus at pickup today tell Mom kiddo needs to come prepared for the day with appropriate clothing. That if it happens again they will be sent back home to get proper clothing for the weather.

It is sometimes ridiculous how much parenting the grown ups need!
09-10-2018 09:19 AM
LysesKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
Its 45į this morning. High's in the mid 60's forecasted. Same DCM and DCB as 2 posts ago. DCB arrived in shorts and a T- shirt again, with no coat. DCM also carried in cough medicine, as DCB has a deep, chesty cough. Seriously DCM, dress your kid in weather appropriate clothing, supply proper outdoor gear, and maybe then your kid wouldn't be sick so early in the season! Ugh. Some parents.
Nope, I would send chesty cough home - I don't give meds unless it's life threatening like EPI
09-10-2018 06:49 AM
Miss A Its 45į this morning. High's in the mid 60's forecasted. Same DCM and DCB as 2 posts ago. DCB arrived in shorts and a T- shirt again, with no coat. DCM also carried in cough medicine, as DCB has a deep, chesty cough. Seriously DCM, dress your kid in weather appropriate clothing, supply proper outdoor gear, and maybe then your kid wouldn't be sick so early in the season! Ugh. Some parents.
09-07-2018 09:18 AM
Josiegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
Why do children repeat something until you aknowlege them? "Teacher the light is off, teacher the light is off, teacher the light is off..." 20 more times later..
"OK!"
ugh drives me crazy! Lol. Im standing right next to you, i heard you the first time. One time I wanted to see how long he would do it, 10 min later i finally had to aknowlege him before i went crazy.
Same child narrates his entire life.
"Im running" "im sitting down" "im getting a book" "im putting my shoes on".
Every move he makes, he has to say it.
Or 'watch this' 'watch this' 'watch me do this' 'watch this' or if he's talking to other dck, he'll keep saying her name until she actually answers him. And I wouldn't be surprised if he did it for 10 minutes but not sure if I'd snap first or the dcg he's usually talking to would snap first.
09-07-2018 07:57 AM
MomBoss Why do children repeat something until you aknowlege them? "Teacher the light is off, teacher the light is off, teacher the light is off..." 20 more times later..
"OK!"
ugh drives me crazy! Lol. Im standing right next to you, i heard you the first time. One time I wanted to see how long he would do it, 10 min later i finally had to aknowlege him before i went crazy.
Same child narrates his entire life.
"Im running" "im sitting down" "im getting a book" "im putting my shoes on".
Every move he makes, he has to say it.
09-06-2018 07:50 AM
Miss A 14 inches of rain in 12 days, and today is the first day we have seen the sun. It is 56į at almost 10AM, and the forecast says we will be low to mid 60's for a high.

So why on earth did DCM send DCB in shorts and a t-shirt?!? For goodness sake parents, do you job and dress your kids in weather appropriate clothing!!!
09-06-2018 04:58 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Ugh I know the feeling. I have been toying with the idea of going to a teacher only type of daycare that runs in oridience with the school year. Or families willing and able to follow a school year schedule. Basically theyíd pay more a week than I charge now but still considerably less than many centers around here and not be contracted in the summers but optional half days during summer school. Basically I could make around the same amount of money but be off so much more but this would mean working with clients I have no previous relationship with which I have my reservations about. Idk a lot to think about. I wouldnít be terming any current families just slowly replacing with teachers as they age out. I have a lot of teacher friends that will be starting their families in the next few years do something to consider. Iíve also thought about staying year round but focusing solely on the +2 crowd. Maybe Iíll stay with what Iím doing idk lol
Same here. Next summer I'll only have like 5 or 6 kids instead of 12. I'm eventually going to only before/after care. Next school year most my littles going off to prek and only have like 3 or 4 during the day.
09-06-2018 04:42 AM
Indoorvoice
Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Ugh I know the feeling. I have been toying with the idea of going to a teacher only type of daycare that runs in oridience with the school year. Or families willing and able to follow a school year schedule. Basically theyíd pay more a week than I charge now but still considerably less than many centers around here and not be contracted in the summers but optional half days during summer school. Basically I could make around the same amount of money but be off so much more but this would mean working with clients I have no previous relationship with which I have my reservations about. Idk a lot to think about. I wouldnít be terming any current families just slowly replacing with teachers as they age out. I have a lot of teacher friends that will be starting their families in the next few years do something to consider. Iíve also thought about staying year round but focusing solely on the +2 crowd. Maybe Iíll stay with what Iím doing idk lol
I'm in the process of switching to all teachers. I have one non teacher family that I stay open for in the summer but only 3 days a week. It has worked out great so far.
09-05-2018 10:54 AM
storybookending
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
That's good, I been so jaded by people lately I always expect the worse.
Ugh I know the feeling. I have been toying with the idea of going to a teacher only type of daycare that runs in oridience with the school year. Or families willing and able to follow a school year schedule. Basically theyíd pay more a week than I charge now but still considerably less than many centers around here and not be contracted in the summers but optional half days during summer school. Basically I could make around the same amount of money but be off so much more but this would mean working with clients I have no previous relationship with which I have my reservations about. Idk a lot to think about. I wouldnít be terming any current families just slowly replacing with teachers as they age out. I have a lot of teacher friends that will be starting their families in the next few years do something to consider. Iíve also thought about staying year round but focusing solely on the +2 crowd. Maybe Iíll stay with what Iím doing idk lol
09-05-2018 10:35 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Mom actually brought it by on her lunch break in cash. She feels awful. I only work with families I know personally (which comes with its own challenges but I do prefer) so I know they arenít like that. Mom was super embarrassed and apologetic. She went ahead and just gave me cash for the bounced check + fees and paid for this current week and the 2 days he has left (only attending one) of his two week notice.

I like that extra $10 fee BC. I learn so much here.
That's good, I been so jaded by people lately I always expect the worse.
09-05-2018 10:30 AM
storybookending
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
I hope they weren't trying to skip out on you since their check bounced.
Mom actually brought it by on her lunch break in cash. She feels awful. I only work with families I know personally (which comes with its own challenges but I do prefer) so I know they aren’t like that. Mom was super embarrassed and apologetic. She went ahead and just gave me cash for the bounced check + fees and paid for this current week and the 2 days he has left (only attending one) of his two week notice.

I like that extra $10 fee BC. I learn so much here.
09-05-2018 08:54 AM
Blackcat31
Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
I think Iím going to require Venmo for new enrollments.
I left the option of paying by check in my contract but added a $10 fee for each check. So if a family chooses to pay via check and their rate is $150 a week, they need to write the check for $160. The fee covers my time to deposit etc...

All but one family figured out how to pay via electronic transfers in order to avoid the additional costs.

The one family that decided to continue paying via check does so simply because they are lazy...the $10 fee makes no difference to them but is enough compensation for me to deal with it so win-win for both sides...
09-05-2018 08:45 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
This is great! I ended up contacting the bank and it wasnít the new account it was their personal account. I just sent a text with the details basically as described and that I would need the funds covered at pick up along with the $12 fee my bank charged me as that is what I have in the contract. I donít have late payment fees in my contract as it hasnít been an issue but this is something I have been thinking about adding to future contracts. Whatís that saying ďI didnít have the policy until something happenedĒ. Haha. Family has their last day next Monday so not too worried about future.

As for not taking checks anymore most of my families switched over to Venmo a couple months ago. All except this family because they were planning on moving and I said I was okay with checks as it would only be another 2 months tops and the family of my 1 year old that do not own smartphones. There was a disclaimer on the Venmo site that payments made online were going away and would have to be on the app at the time of the switch.. not sure if that actually happened or not. I think Iím going to require Venmo for new enrollments.
I hope they weren't trying to skip out on you since their check bounced.
09-05-2018 08:20 AM
storybookending
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Happy Birthday!!!



I send out a quick note/e-mail as if it was just an over site.
It makes it easier to put the exact amount due in the note as well so there is no question about what is owed. I just handle it as "business" and it removes the awkward part of it all together.

DCP,

Oh-Oh, it looks like your bank is having issues with your new account. The check you wrote as payment for 8/20/18 to 8/30/18 was returned. Please submit this payment in cash NO LATER than today at 5:00PM. Please remember to add the $20 return check fee as well as $40 ($10 per day) late fees for a total of $210. Thank you!
This is great! I ended up contacting the bank and it wasnít the new account it was their personal account. I just sent a text with the details basically as described and that I would need the funds covered at pick up along with the $12 fee my bank charged me as that is what I have in the contract. I donít have late payment fees in my contract as it hasnít been an issue but this is something I have been thinking about adding to future contracts. Whatís that saying ďI didnít have the policy until something happenedĒ. Haha. Family has their last day next Monday so not too worried about future.

As for not taking checks anymore most of my families switched over to Venmo a couple months ago. All except this family because they were planning on moving and I said I was okay with checks as it would only be another 2 months tops and the family of my 1 year old that do not own smartphones. There was a disclaimer on the Venmo site that payments made online were going away and would have to be on the app at the time of the switch.. not sure if that actually happened or not. I think Iím going to require Venmo for new enrollments.
09-05-2018 07:54 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Happy Birthday!!!





[/i]
Thank you!
09-05-2018 07:33 AM
LysesKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
First bad check from a daycare parent. Forgot checkbook last week and wrote me a check from their newish business account. Bounced and I got a $12 fee as well. I have in my contract thatís theyvare reaponsible for all fees accociated with bad checks and Iím sure it isnít going to be an issue but now I have to have that awkward conversation.
I personally don't have time to deal with checks just because of working hrs; it's why I take cash & CC on Square app only... I like BC's wording for this incident. If it happens again I would say fees are Cash only due to checks not clearing
09-05-2018 06:51 AM
Blackcat31
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Today is also my birthday. I do not need your crap today.
Happy Birthday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
First bad check from a daycare parent. Forgot checkbook last week and wrote me a check from their newish business account. Bounced and I got a $12 fee as well. I have in my contract thatís theyvare reaponsible for all fees accociated with bad checks and Iím sure it isnít going to be an issue but now I have to have that awkward conversation.
I send out a quick note/e-mail as if it was just an over site.
It makes it easier to put the exact amount due in the note as well so there is no question about what is owed. I just handle it as "business" and it removes the awkward part of it all together.

DCP,

Oh-Oh, it looks like your bank is having issues with your new account. The check you wrote as payment for 8/20/18 to 8/30/18 was returned. Please submit this payment in cash NO LATER than today at 5:00PM. Please remember to add the $20 return check fee as well as $40 ($10 per day) late fees for a total of $210. Thank you!
09-05-2018 06:37 AM
storybookending First bad check from a daycare parent. Forgot checkbook last week and wrote me a check from their newish business account. Bounced and I got a $12 fee as well. I have in my contract thatís theyvare reaponsible for all fees accociated with bad checks and Iím sure it isnít going to be an issue but now I have to have that awkward conversation.
09-05-2018 05:20 AM
LysesKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Parents ugh!
Parent#1 was part time with an infant. Asked to go full time. Now the last two weeks child has only been coming 3 days a week. I'm sure shes gonna think she doesn't have to pay full time rate. If that happens shes out of here. I'm not doing back and forth with her. Plus million of other issues why I would terminate the second she pulls that.
Parent#2 doesnt bring her kid Thursday or Friday and no text at all. Does not show up yesterday or text. I send a message yesterday saying look your daycare services will be terminated if i don't hear back from you. 10 minutes later she responds he will be here tomorrow. Shows up at 601am when his drop off time is 630am. No money and no explanation as to why shes been ignoring me. I gave her notice decided it is not a good fit.
What is it with these parents lately?
Today is also my birthday. I do not need your crap today.
I totally get it... this week has been frustrating for me too; Happy Birthday to you and me ; Hopefully you still have an oven that works - mine blew up Sunday & repair is only $100 less than buying new according to the appliance guy - the darn thing isn't even 5 years old yet, plus I have a kidney infection.
09-05-2018 04:12 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Oh my. Sad thing is most of them probably didnt even have to work.
Parents ugh!
Parent#1 was part time with an infant. Asked to go full time. Now the last two weeks child has only been coming 3 days a week. I'm sure shes gonna think she doesn't have to pay full time rate. If that happens shes out of here. I'm not doing back and forth with her. Plus million of other issues why I would terminate the second she pulls that.
Parent#2 doesnt bring her kid Thursday or Friday and no text at all. Does not show up yesterday or text. I send a message yesterday saying look your daycare services will be terminated if i don't hear back from you. 10 minutes later she responds he will be here tomorrow. Shows up at 601am when his drop off time is 630am. No money and no explanation as to why shes been ignoring me. I gave her notice decided it is not a good fit.
What is it with these parents lately?
Today is also my birthday. I do not need your crap today.
09-04-2018 03:23 PM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
Its funny how when parents stumble across these situations, insted of it triggering the thought "oh yeah I forgot she said shes closed today"..they think you forgot to unlock the gate.
The locked gate MUST mean you forgot. Lol.
Oh my. Sad thing is most of them probably didnt even have to work.
09-04-2018 11:57 AM
MomBoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
turned my DC cell on this morning to messages from 6/18 families. "ARE YOU OPEN?"

Dh and I thought ahead and put the gate up on the driveway with the pin code for family only. Nice try. It was funny watching the replay of the video camera when they tried to drop off and got stopped 1/2 way up the driveway though.
Its funny how when parents stumble across these situations, insted of it triggering the thought "oh yeah I forgot she said shes closed today"..they think you forgot to unlock the gate.
The locked gate MUST mean you forgot. Lol.
09-04-2018 11:23 AM
daycarediva turned my DC cell on this morning to messages from 6/18 families. "ARE YOU OPEN?"

Dh and I thought ahead and put the gate up on the driveway with the pin code for family only. Nice try. It was funny watching the replay of the video camera when they tried to drop off and got stopped 1/2 way up the driveway though.
08-31-2018 03:44 PM
BumbleBee
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Plus it is labor day, duh!
Surprised another one.
08-31-2018 11:51 AM
LysesKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Plus it is labor day, duh!
Heck one of my kids is getting 4 day weekend so I don't even have all kids today... 2 of my 3 families paid last night just so they didn't have to remember by pick up today lol
08-31-2018 10:40 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
So far I've 'surprised' 3 families with a 'sudden' closure on Monday.

'Sudden' meaning the closure schedule that went home with every kid in January, posted as a pinned post on the daycare Facebook page, and a printed copy on the parent board.
Plus it is labor day, duh!
08-31-2018 10:39 AM
BumbleBee
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Tuesday is late. I have had a lot of people scratch their head when I reminded them Monday was a holiday. You feel like telling them to pay or get out!
So far I've 'surprised' 3 families with a 'sudden' closure on Monday.

'Sudden' meaning the closure schedule that went home with every kid in January, posted as a pinned post on the daycare Facebook page, and a printed copy on the parent board.
08-31-2018 09:31 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
not only didn't remember today was pay day, (All fees due today because the 1st landing on Saturday), but she didn't mark it on her calendar about Monday closing... it's only one of 6 Federal Holidays I close; I don't close on Veteran's day, Columbus etc, just the 6 Major ones., But how do you forget you owe monthly fees? She wanted to pay Tuesday... lady I have bills to pay & tomorrow morning is the only time I can make a deposit in order to pay bills due the 1st to the 5th (my work hrs are not banking hrs), plus my contract specifically states, no pay, you automatically become drop-in and must pay higher daily fees in order to keep care. She's not a happy person as her job is stressing her along with still moving from Atlanta to here.
Tuesday is late. I have had a lot of people scratch their head when I reminded them Monday was a holiday. You feel like telling them to pay or get out!
08-31-2018 07:26 AM
Ac114 DCB 14 months woke up with red swollen eye yesterday. Mom takes him to urgent care and he had a stye. She just took the day off to stay home with him.

Shows up this morning and says doctor said to put a warm compress on his eye for 10-15 minutes every hour. He doesnít sit for it so you may have to chase him around holding the washcloth.

Wtf? Do you think I have time for that. NOPE! Not happening. If itís that important, keep him home and do it yourself.
08-31-2018 06:24 AM
LysesKids not only didn't remember today was pay day, (All fees due today because the 1st landing on Saturday), but she didn't mark it on her calendar about Monday closing... it's only one of 6 Federal Holidays I close; I don't close on Veteran's day, Columbus etc, just the 6 Major ones., But how do you forget you owe monthly fees? She wanted to pay Tuesday... lady I have bills to pay & tomorrow morning is the only time I can make a deposit in order to pay bills due the 1st to the 5th (my work hrs are not banking hrs), plus my contract specifically states, no pay, you automatically become drop-in and must pay higher daily fees in order to keep care. She's not a happy person as her job is stressing her along with still moving from Atlanta to here.
08-30-2018 08:57 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
"DS settles better when he arrives early, so he's one of the only kids there. He likes staying late, too, since he gets to play with the toys in peace, and gets a go at the toys in the toddler room as well."

"If DD was ever naughty, I used to threaten her with a day at home with me instead of daycare. Worked as a threat, so I know she loved it."


Why do I read parent blogs? Why?

Looking forward to her "Why don't my kids call or visit me" posts in 15 years.
bingo!
I really wonder what goes on in their heads.
08-30-2018 08:53 AM
amberrose3dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
And this is why I specifically ask what their back up plan is in cases of illness or emergency closings. If your power went out in a storm she's going to have to pick up too, I mean seriously. But dope & drop, not happening on my watch

I remember what happened in 2011 when the Derecho hit. I was trying to drive there that day from AR because my oldest daughter had been airlifted to Baltimore/Hopkins. No gasoline, ice or electric in numerous states for days
She is just one of those train wreck of a person. She told me tuesday when she picked up early that he puked the night before but had no fever. If i could prove it be out of here so fast her head would spin. Dad watched him so she had backup care. She doesn't like being told no.
So far hes been cranky but no fever.
This thread has more than 100 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming