Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum > I Hate Waiting

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Thread: I Hate Waiting Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-14-2011 10:19 AM
MyAngels One thing you might consider doing is going to your local courthouse to check to see if other daycare providers have had to file suit to collect payment, and, if they have, how the judges ruled in those cases. I know it can vary widely from district to district. If you're unfamiliar with how the system works the clerk should be able to help you search for the cases you would want to look at.
01-14-2011 10:06 AM
cillybean83 the 24th was the date I selected to file, because that would be 30 days since dcm got the certified letter requesting payment. if this lawyer can get his act together and set something up for this coming week, maybe we can work it out without going to court.
01-14-2011 09:57 AM
Zoe Is the 24th the date that you are DEFINITELY are going to file? Or are you waiting for the letter before you file? I would hate to think that you're waiting for the lawyer before you file. Who knows when that will be!

Pardon me if I just read your post wrong. I'm just clarifying!

If you're just waiting for the 24th, then I don't blame you at all! Waiting is the worst part of these kind of messes! I like to get things done asap.
01-14-2011 09:15 AM
cillybean83 That lawyer still hasn't sent me the email letter, and I just got my mail and there was nothing in there either. I looked him up, he's a legit lawyer, very young, just a few years out of law school...I would really like to get this stuff taken care of next week so I can avoid filing on the 24th. I discussed it with my husband, and we agreed that if it meant getting our actual money next week as opposed to just a judgement if we went to court, and if it meant avoiding a courtroom altogether, we would be willing to take off half of her late fees. She would then be saving the court cost, which I would pin on her if I had to file, plus about $75 in late fees. I wrote up a memo that I will take with me when/if we meet with the attorney before filing. If she can agree to what I put in the memo, then it will be over, if she can't agree with it. Then we will go to court.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming