Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thinking About Closing Again (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93469)

mooseriot 06-26-2020 12:59 PM

Thinking About Closing Again
 
I have an in home and I closed back in March as soon as we heard of the virus. Iím based in Florida. I re-opened about two weeks ago and have adapted to the new routine as best as possible.

But our Covid cases in our area are rising more and more. We just had record breaking positive cases here and I started getting sick three days ago and closed right away as I had to go get tested not only for safety but also as I have asthma. Iím waiting for the office to call me back with the results but Iím debating closing for good until our states numbers start going down.

How would I about letting my families know? Iím not worried about my families reactions Iíve known them for years and everyone is kind and understanding Iíve just been so stressed and overworked with everything going on I canít collect my thoughts thank you!

springv 06-26-2020 01:16 PM

If you feel like closing, close and if people get upset then oh well because your health comes first! I haven't worked since March 17th because I'm high risk and will not go back until I feel safe

Cat Herder 06-26-2020 01:51 PM

I have stayed open the whole time BUT if I had asthma or diabetes I would reconsider. :hug:

mooseriot 06-26-2020 02:09 PM

I do have asthma, diabetes and high blood pressure so not ideal plus add to the mix a one year old of my own. I’m looking for advice on how to phrase my closing to my families?

Cat Herder 06-27-2020 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseriot (Post 719337)
I do have asthma, diabetes and high blood pressure so not ideal plus add to the mix a one year old of my own. Iím looking for advice on how to phrase my closing to my families?

With the current rise in cases and my being in the high risk category it is important that I limit my exposure. I hoped to be able to stay open but it is clear that it is too early for reopening. I will be closed on Monday, June 29th until further notice. Thank you, in advance, for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Sunchimes 06-27-2020 11:55 AM

I think you are making a very wise decision.

DaveA 06-27-2020 01:47 PM

Yep in your situation I would close ASAP. CH's letter is a good template.

rosieteddy 07-02-2020 09:03 AM

I would close indefinitely. I had to close for personal reasons in the middle of my career. Families understood and moved on with no hard feelings. When I was ready to reopen I was full again in 4 months. Do what works for you.

Sunchimes 07-05-2020 08:27 PM

In Texas, they made me close, and they won't let me re-open because I am over 65. Our governor's Open Texas handbook says that those over 65 should avoid young children. Licensing says we have to follow the governor's orders, and so I am not allowed to re-open. No idea when that will change. They said my license is still active with no plans to change that


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 AM.