Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tips on Using This Forum - FAQ (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31243)

Michael 06-05-2011 02:19 PM

Tips on Using This Forum - FAQ

https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph...b3_board_usage

Also you can click on the NEW POSTS link to see what new comments are happening daily in our forum conversations.

mom2many 07-05-2011 07:39 AM

Hi!

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself to this great forum. I’ve been a licensed childcare provider for the past 25 year and started when my oldest was six weeks old. I love what I do and am grateful I was able to work from home while raising my 3 kids… that’s not to say, that there aren’t those crazy and challenging days though! I love the support, feedback and wealth of information that this site provides! I only wish I’d found it years ago!!!! ;)

Michael 07-05-2011 10:30 AM

Glad you're here. You can always PM. Me for assistance.

singledad 03-05-2012 10:24 PM

Introduction

Hi All I am Mark (Singledad) who is working fulltime and I have got a 12 months old son to take care. I would like to thank this forum for providing those great tips.

daytime emmy 05-01-2012 06:47 AM

Hello

Hello! I've been doing home daycare for almost 14 yrs now. My 3 kids have grown up while I've been doing it. I started back to college 3 years ago at night & I will have an associates at Christmas time. Sloooow going but I'll get there.
By the way~how do I get an aviator?lovethis

Blackcat31 05-01-2012 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by daytime emmy:
Hello! I've been doing home daycare for almost 14 yrs now. My 3 kids have grown up while I've been doing it. I started back to college 3 years ago at night & I will have an associates at Christmas time. Sloooow going but I'll get there.
By the way~how do I get an aviator?lovethis

Welcome to the forum! :Sunny:

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now (and get an avatar...LOL!) :)

Info on how to change your avatar can be found here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph...atures_avatars

winkiedee 05-24-2012 05:36 AM

Hello

My name is Denise and I own a daycare center, have been open almost 5 years. I am having alot of money issues right now and would love as much information and advise I can get. Maybe you can stear me into the right location for this type of talk. Thank you and will love to get to know all of you!

daycare 05-24-2012 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by winkiedee:
My name is Denise and I own a daycare center, have been open almost 5 years. I am having alot of money issues right now and would love as much information and advise I can get. Maybe you can stear me into the right location for this type of talk. Thank you and will love to get to know all of you!

look like now one was able to answer your questions. I would suggest posting your questions in detail in your own post. Be specific about what you need help with and I am sure there are people who would be more than happy to answer your questions.

Welcome to the form!!!

Fixedorphan 06-05-2012 11:02 AM

Hi there my name is Rachel and from Canada. I have been running a home daycare now for 3 years while raising my own 2 kids. Love being home with them while still making money. Found this site and decided to join to get new ideas.

Michael 06-05-2012 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fixedorphan:
Hi there my name is Rachel and from Canada. I have been running a home daycare now for 3 years while raising my own 2 kids. Love being home with them while still making money. Found this site and decided to join to get new ideas.

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Truly Scrumptious 06-30-2012 09:44 PM

Hello!

Hi, I live in Tennesse and I am a Licensed Family Child Care provider. I've been in business for about 24 years. I started when my daughter was 2 and I love it! I've also been a mentor for about 11 years. I remember what it was like being new to the business and I was so grateful to have MY mentor....so now I just want to "pay it forward". happyface

nanglgrl 07-10-2012 12:57 AM

Hidily ho!

Hi! My name is Angela and I'm a registered home daycare provider in Iowa. I have 4 children, the oldest is in college and the youngest turned 2 today. I have been providing daycare out of my home for 10 years so I could stay home with my children and I enjoy my job (for the most part). I found this site because of a friend and have seen some great things on here. I am confused though on how to start a thread, I can comment on a thread but do not see how to start one. Another thing, will I always have to enter the CAPTCHA codes every time I want to post something? Another question, I saw a link to see other daycare setups but it would not let me see the photos...am I doing something wrong?

Michael 07-10-2012 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Hi! My name is Angela and I'm a registered home daycare provider in Iowa. I have 4 children, the oldest is in college and the youngest turned 2 today. I have been providing daycare out of my home for 10 years so I could stay home with my children and I enjoy my job (for the most part). I found this site because of a friend and have seen some great things on here. I am confused though on how to start a thread, I can comment on a thread but do not see how to start one. Another thing, will I always have to enter the CAPTCHA codes every time I want to post something? Another question, I saw a link to see other daycare setups but it would not let me see the photos...am I doing something wrong?

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now

To start a thread, find the category you want to post in here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/

Click on the NEW THREAD button.

Lacey8787 08-13-2012 09:16 PM

New to daycare.com

My name is Lacey and I'm a proud mama of three in New Hampshire! I started watching children after my first child. It was a great opportunity to help me be able to stay home with my son and bring in a little money! I only have three other kids now besides my own three which is great! I joined to help get new ideas, learn about tax info and see how other people do this out of their home?

Michael 08-13-2012 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lacey8787:
My name is Lacey and I'm a proud mama of three in New Hampshire! I started watching children after my first child. It was a great opportunity to help me be able to stay home with my son and bring in a little money! I only have three other kids now besides my own three which is great! I joined to help get new ideas, learn about tax info and see how other people do this out of their home?

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

lefdaly711 08-29-2012 07:50 PM

pgsfsp

Hello everyone, my name is Laura. I am a childcare owner/director. I am new to this site as I surely was on the hunt for some advice!! I just had my year anniv of the centers opening. It has been quite the experience as I have only had teaching experience the last year. A whole different ball game dealing with these parents!!

Michael 08-29-2012 08:29 PM

dana 08-30-2012 10:31 AM

Glad to be here.

I wish I had joined this years ago.:) I have been either a daycare provider or nanny for the past 25 years. It has truly been a blessing!

earlystart 09-02-2012 04:16 PM

Introduction

Hello,

Just introducing myself, as I've just registered a new account. I've read this forum before, but I thought I'd take the time to register. I've been a preschool teacher since 2006, and I'm currently in the process of opening a home daycare so that I can stay home with my 1 year old son. I've got my home inspection visit on Friday, Sept. 7th, and I already have a coworker's 3 month old baby lined up as my first client. I'm very excited to be able to work for myself and make all my own decisions :)

Michael 09-02-2012 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by earlystart:
Hello,

Just introducing myself, as I've just registered a new account. I've read this forum before, but I thought I'd take the time to register. I've been a preschool teacher since 2006, and I'm currently in the process of opening a home daycare so that I can stay home with my 1 year old son. I've got my home inspection visit on Friday, Sept. 7th, and I already have a coworker's 3 month old baby lined up as my first client. I'm very excited to be able to work for myself and make all my own decisions :)

caregiver42107 09-06-2012 10:42 AM

Hi there, I hope I am doing this right, I have never been on one of these before, but I am a child care Provider with licensed daycare in my home and am having a hard time finding advice from people who go through similar experiences, and with maybe some more experience. I really dont know how to post questions yet, so i am hoping i will get the hang of it quickly. Thanks :)

Honeybee 09-17-2012 03:01 AM

Greetings

Hello everyone! My name is Sara and I am in Anchorage, Alaska. I love teaching 3 to 5 year olds and I am currently in the middle of starting my own preschool. The forum is very helpful and full of great ideas. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it.

Blackcat31 09-17-2012 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Honeybee:
Hello everyone! My name is Sara and I am in Anchorage, Alaska. I love teaching 3 to 5 year olds and I am currently in the middle of starting my own preschool. The forum is very helpful and full of great ideas. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it.

Welcome! Your status has been upgraded so you can post without moderation now :)

branbeth 10-11-2012 05:26 AM

I am looking to open new child care center

Hello I am new to this form. I am 56 years old and a grandmother of 3 toddlers. I desire to open a child care center to serve children ages 6 weeks through 12 years. I am interested in caring for the whole family which is why I will have a parent center component to my center. My strong desire is to service families of children with special health care needs. My second child had special needs and I vowed that close to retirement I would help those families. I am currently seaching for a building that meets all city and national building codes. I am also searching for a good policy and proceedure guideline. I am excited about being part of this forum

Blackcat31 10-11-2012 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by branbeth:
Hello I am new to this form. I am 56 years old and a grandmother of 3 toddlers. I desire to open a child care center to serve children ages 6 weeks through 12 years. I am interested in caring for the whole family which is why I will have a parent center component to my center. My strong desire is to service families of children with special health care needs. My second child had special needs and I vowed that close to retirement I would help those families. I am currently seaching for a building that meets all city and national building codes. I am also searching for a good policy and proceedure guideline. I am excited about being part of this forum

Welcome to the forum! Your status has been upgraded so you can post without moderation now. :)

deboraharangel 10-22-2012 08:23 PM

Hi i am Deborah and proud to enter in a vocation of marriage soon...

Lefse&Kids 10-24-2012 08:11 AM

New to Daycare

Hello, I'm Heather and, as of a few months ago, I just started my own In-Home Daycare. I have always dreamed of having a positive influence on kids and make a difference, even if its just a small one. Well, 5 years and 2 kids later I have the chance.

I am very thankful to have found this forum because, although my educational background helps out a lot, it is quite the reality check bumping into different parenting styles and child personalities. The tips are great and I don't feel quite so alone when I don't know what to do in a situation.

Thank you so much for this website!

Blackcat31 10-24-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lefse&Kids:
Hello, I'm Heather and, as of a few months ago, I just started my own In-Home Daycare. I have always dreamed of having a positive influence on kids and make a difference, even if its just a small one. Well, 5 years and 2 kids later I have the chance.

I am very thankful to have found this forum because, although my educational background helps out a lot, it is quite the reality check bumping into different parenting styles and child personalities. The tips are great and I don't feel quite so alone when I don't know what to do in a situation.

Thank you so much for this website!

Welcome to the forum! :Sunny:

Nice to see a few more folks from the northern part of the country on board! :)

Auntie'sHouse 10-26-2012 02:46 PM

Hi, I'm Carol....Licensed daycare provider in Md for 1.5 years now. Finally doing what I love although sometimes I wonder...I turn to the daycare forum often for everything. Can't wait to share and receive new ideas.. :Sunny:likethis

kluna1014 11-28-2012 06:44 PM

New to this Site

Hello! I am located in Minnesota. I found this site while searching for daily reports for infants. I just recently opened my home daycare in October. I worked in a center for a few years until it closed. Home daycare is definitely a LOT different than the center, but it has it's positives! I do miss the adult conversations during the day, but toddlers and preschoolers make for some VERY interesting conversations. :) I am looking forward to learning from everyone else here!

Unregistered 12-14-2012 05:15 PM

Hello everyone!

Hello. My name is Armad Thomas. I am a single dad living in Pennsylvania. I do not own/run/work at a daycare, but I am looking to find work painting them. I have only completed one site, and already have a few offers to do more. I have no idea where to begin, how to market myself, what to charge, what paint to use....anything. I would be so grateful to anyone who would be willing to let me pick their brain for a while.

Also, I'm not a frequent user of forums. Where, if at all, should I repost this?

queenbee215 01-07-2013 02:27 AM

Owner /Director Seeks to Rekindle Passion for Center!

HI!
Hope to learn more from similar professional directors...
My hubby and I own & operate a child care center in philadelphia.I have not been as present in the daily operations lately but now.....I'm BACK! At least P/T, Tryin' to bring back the original energy and vision that I had when I started the biz myself 10 years ago. Before I burnt out!
(Fyi, we also have a director who is yhere f/t with my hubby. He does admin. She & I are more hands on. so there are of us sharing managing tasks).
Miss Dee

Gigima 01-08-2013 05:43 PM

New Provider in Alaska

Hi, I'm Gigi and will be providing daycare for my grandson. My daughter has to become my employer and file all the paperwork for such. Not sure how to do that and what I'm supposed to charge since she's getting daycare assistance. Her portion is $56 (per month?). Any help would be appreciated.:)

andpoe 01-15-2013 06:33 AM

New To Board and Childcare

Hi

I have been in business since May 2012 and I have many great moments as well as many great struggles since opening my doors. I have always wanted to be a childcare provider and to be a business owner. I worked for the Federal government for 27 years and saved my money to be able to convert a portion of my home into a Childcare/Early Learning Program. I left a high paying position (100k) because it was stressful and I was babysitting adults all day - I was burnt out and it was time to go. I have no regrets and would have probably have open my childcare doors years ago if I wasn't so afraid of the drop in salary - surprisingly I have been able to pay bills and save a bit on my childcare income (but this will be the first year that I have to do taxes for my business and I can bet my savings will go to the IRS) :lol: . Business has been good and consistent but I struggle with the parents and the unrealistic expectations that they bring to my door. All in all I am happy and so are my kids and that's all that matters...

Michael 01-15-2013 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by andpoe:
Hi

I have been in business since May 2012 and I have many great moments as well as many great struggles since opening my doors. I have always wanted to be a childcare provider and to be a business owner. I worked for the Federal government for 27 years and saved my money to be able to convert a portion of my home into a Childcare/Early Learning Program. I left a high paying position (100k) because it was stressful and I was babysitting adults all day - I was burnt out and it was time to go. I have no regrets and would have probably have open my childcare doors years ago if I wasn't so afraid of the drop in salary - surprisingly I have been able to pay bills and save a bit on my childcare income (but this will be the first year that I have to do taxes for my business and I can bet my savings will go to the IRS) :lol: . Business has been good and consistent but I struggle with the parents and the unrealistic expectations that they bring to my door. All in all I am happy and so are my kids and that's all that matters...

jamiem 03-01-2013 05:26 PM

Hello

Hello, I am new to this forum. I just opened an in home daycare about 5 months ago so this forum has already been very helpful. I just registered but am having trouble editing my profile-is is saying I don't have access. Can anyone help?

Blackcat31 03-01-2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by jamiem:
Hello, I am new to this forum. I just opened an in home daycare about 5 months ago so this forum has already been very helpful. I just registered but am having trouble editing my profile-is is saying I don't have access. Can anyone help?

Welcome to the forum.

Your status has been upgraded so you should be able to edit your profile info now. :)

massmom 03-13-2013 09:34 AM

Mom thinking about starting on home daycare

Hi my name is Christine! Any new home daycare Providers in Mass? How difficult is it getting kids enrolled was it a long time?

Blackcat31 03-13-2013 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by massmom:
Hi my name is Christine! Any new home daycare Providers in Mass? How difficult is it getting kids enrolled was it a long time?

Welcome to the forum!

I believe there are several members on the forum from Mass. Perhaps, you could start a thread asking about providers from Mass and asking your question in a separate thread.

Jump on in and hopefully you will find this board useful for you! :Sunny:

bubbiesmama807 03-13-2013 11:10 AM

Hey I'm Jennifer..I'm a home child care provider, and the mother of a five year old son who is going to be starting kindergarten this year happyface. After lurking and reading on here for a while I figured it was time I finally signed up so here I am :D

LilkutieKim 03-13-2013 02:18 PM

:hug:welcome to the forum:hug:

JLR8610 03-14-2013 11:10 AM

New

Hi. I'm new here. I have been doing daycare for 6 months and just found this site the other day and wish I came across it sooner. This might sound weird to say but its nice to see that others have some of the same issues just like I do and I'm not the only one going through it.
(Hope I posted this correctly!)

infanttots 04-01-2013 05:37 PM

Also New

Hello, I am also new here. I was also wondering how to get an avatar. Thanks :)

Michael 04-01-2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by infanttots:
Hello, I am also new here. I was also wondering how to get an avatar. Thanks :)

Welcome to the forum! Use the USER CP link at the upper left side of the forum. PM (Private Message) me if you need further help.

*Sunshine* 04-20-2013 12:15 AM

*Sunshine*

Hello! I am fairly new here. I am looking to become a Registered Family Child Care Home. Thanks to all the great info I've found mostly on the forums, I was well prepared when I attended the overview class! I love this website & have bookmarked quite a few helpful things.

Youknowthedrill 04-20-2013 12:11 PM

Hello everyone. I am actively exploring the idea of building and operating an outstanding childcare facility. Besides being a mother, I do not have any childcare experience but I am aware of the lack of quality childcare in my area. I am considering both a start-up and a franchise. I am excited to join the forum!

Tay 05-01-2013 05:20 PM

New Daycare Provider in CT

Hi!! My name is Tay (pronounced as tie) and yesterday (04/30/2013) I received my State of CT Certificate for Family Daycare. I am in my early 30's but have a 16 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. I will be retiring from the retail banking industries to start being a child daycare provider full-time in my home. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I love kids, decided I should make a career change and make a difference in a child's life. I am excited because the certification process was long, tedious but finally I am certified. A little nervous because I don't know what to expect and dreading the first encounter with the parents during initial interview day. Could anyone please offer some insights, tips, do's and don't's, and questions to ask during interview day? Much help will be appreciated. Thanks! :) I was googling information on daycare and came across this forum, so far I have read a few threads and I love this forum, is my new best friend!

Little Angels 05-06-2013 11:02 AM

Hi,

I am a registered childcare center provider, I have been open for 1 1/2 yrs. I like coming here for ideas and advice. Glad to be a new member.

Tina

kimharts 05-07-2013 06:07 PM

help with start up

Hello. I am currently in the initial stages of starting up a private preschool in Indiana. This is not going to be a daycare, just a preschool for ages 3-5 years old. I spent countless number of hours trying to get information regarding licensing procedures. I want to buy a house-that is already zoned commercial-but do not want to buy it is not "up to code" and needs a lot of rehabbing. Cosmetically, the building looks great-lots of space, clean, bathrooms, working kitchen, three different exits...however-there are probably tons of rules, regulations and guidelines to follow that I am unaware of. I did look over the 182 page document of licensing for day care centers for the state of Indiana. Would I follow those same rules if I am opening a preschool not a day care? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kel H 06-05-2013 07:54 AM

Hello,

Hello, my name is Kelly, I have been in childcare for about 23 years. I opened my own home daycare a year ago. I am planning on applying for my licence in the next few months. I also want to create a website(no clue what to do). I am looking forward to learning lots here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Blackcat31 06-05-2013 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kel H:
Hello, my name is Kelly, I have been in childcare for about 23 years. I opened my own home daycare a year ago. I am planning on applying for my licence in the next few months. I also want to create a website(no clue what to do). I am looking forward to learning lots here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here is a thread about creating a web-site. It has lots of helpful hints and tips. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323

AshyLou 07-02-2013 06:32 PM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ashlee, I'm in the process of opening a day care in my home. I am very excited about it. I got married this summer and I'm a mommy of an almost 3 year old. :) If anyone has any advice for me as I begin my journey as a day care provider, I'd love to hear it!

dodge__driver11 09-16-2013 10:13 AM

Hello from SK Canada

Hello all,

I just joined today after a recommendation from another provider in my area! Hope to glean some great advice as well as give great advice! Question though? I cannot modify my profile or change my settings yet? Why?

Best,

Dodge!

Blackcat31 09-16-2013 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by dodge__driver11:
Hello all,

I just joined today after a recommendation from another provider in my area! Hope to glean some great advice as well as give great advice! Question though? I cannot modify my profile or change my settings yet? Why?

Best,

Dodge!

Welcome to the forum!! :)

I upgraded your status now so you should be able to modify your profile and personal settings now.

If you have any trouble, just let me know....I am happy to help. ;)

MamaB'sKidz 11-07-2013 10:35 AM

Hello

Hello, my name is Crystal and I've just started a licensed daycare in my home. I came across this forum while looking for tips and ideas for my daycare. I left my job after 12years to stay home with my 2yo and to do something that makes me happy. So please, any tips and advice would be great! Thank you!

tflipscomb31 11-24-2013 04:12 AM

Mrs. Lip

:Kiss. My name is Tosha. I have been doing childcare for 10+ years. I am currently a teacher at an Academic Preschool. I have eight classes and I will have an Associate in Early Childhood... I so can't wait.... It is rewarding to show others if I can do it then you can too. I am a fulltime student, mom, wife, preacher wife..etc.. It is amazing how parents regard you when you take your job and turn it into a career.

DcLady 12-27-2013 11:59 AM

Just joined today

at the suggestion of a fellow daycare provider. I have been working with kids for 26 years the past 16 years as a licensed in home childcare provider in Michigan.

Michael 12-27-2013 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by DcLady:
at the suggestion of a fellow daycare provider. I have been working with kids for 26 years the past 16 years as a licensed in home childcare provider in Michigan.

Welcome to the forum. I will upgrade your status.

Roku4 12-29-2013 02:45 PM

Aloha, from Hawaii

Aloha, I am new to this exciting forum. I just started my business in March (this year) with my daughter called L.A.M.P. We are having a blast. The children have been great, the parents have been enjoyable. The paperwork has been CONFUSING!!
Not the everyday ones but the end of the year wrap up one. We are on vacation and I thought it would take me a couple days to close the books but its taking me a week... yikes!! This leaves me with just one more and the children come back, what type of vacation is this??
My background is fairly simple, working for a company that had the contract to help families that were on drugs or abuse their children in some way I needed to Supervise the visit and make sure the child was safe at all times. I seen a lot and had to prevent to much that it was time for me to make a difference. I had always wanted have a daycare but my husband wasn't ready. As soon as he was I never looked back and his support has been unbelievable. I am so excited to get started search to find answers and to give advise.
Thank you.

Michael 12-29-2013 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Roku4:
Aloha, I am new to this exciting forum. I just started my business in March (this year) with my daughter called L.A.M.P. We are having a blast. The children have been great, the parents have been enjoyable. The paperwork has been CONFUSING!!
Not the everyday ones but the end of the year wrap up one. We are on vacation and I thought it would take me a couple days to close the books but its taking me a week... yikes!! This leaves me with just one more and the children come back, what type of vacation is this??
My background is fairly simple, working for a company that had the contract to help families that were on drugs or abuse their children in some way I needed to Supervise the visit and make sure the child was safe at all times. I seen a lot and had to prevent to much that it was time for me to make a difference. I had always wanted have a daycare but my husband wasn't ready. As soon as he was I never looked back and his support has been unbelievable. I am so excited to get started search to find answers and to give advise.
Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

Roku4 12-29-2013 08:20 PM

Thank you, I have already gotten some important tax information. This site looks like a healthy place to be.

Brookenbrandt 05-20-2014 01:10 PM

New to this site and to the daycare world

Hello! I am a newly licensed, in home daycare provider. I am getting ready to start with my first two kids in a couple of weeks. I am also a first time mom to a 6 month old son. I wanted to stay home with him and any other children that I may have while still bringing in income. I have been working very hard to get my business off to the right start. I am hoping to meet like minded providers that can hopefully help me on my childcare journey.

Michael 05-20-2014 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Brookenbrandt:
Hello! I am a newly licensed, in home daycare provider. I am getting ready to start with my first two kids in a couple of weeks. I am also a first time mom to a 6 month old son. I wanted to stay home with him and any other children that I may have while still bringing in income. I have been working very hard to get my business off to the right start. I am hoping to meet like minded providers that can hopefully help me on my childcare journey.

Welcome to the forum.

Vanessa_in_Babyland 05-30-2014 01:31 PM

Hello SW VA mom looking to start Daycare in August!

I've been the 'favorite babysitter' turned mother, turned nanny, now time to get serious about this daycare business. After teaching in a Montessori classroom for three years my hope is to one day get trained and incorporate Reggio and Montessori in my home. I love the challenge it they bring to my children and the independence they inspire. We are purchasing our first home and going to hit the ground running.....oh and I love to run. This forum looks sooo helpful I just have no clue what all the buttons do.. gonna have to figure this all out. thanks for the help! :eek:

Blackcat31 05-30-2014 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Vanessa_in_Babyland:
I've been the 'favorite babysitter' turned mother, turned nanny, now time to get serious about this daycare business. After teaching in a Montessori classroom for three years my hope is to one day get trained and incorporate Reggio and Montessori in my home. I love the challenge it they bring to my children and the independence they inspire. We are purchasing our first home and going to hit the ground running.....oh and I love to run. This forum looks sooo helpful I just have no clue what all the buttons do.. gonna have to figure this all out. thanks for the help! :eek:

Welcome to the forum! :)

If you have ANY questions about anything, feel free to PM me any time. ;)

Vanessa_in_Babyland 06-09-2014 11:19 AM

Does this forum apply to ALL daycare facilities and programs? Or are the majority home based.

Blackcat31 06-09-2014 11:21 AM

Does this forum apply to ALL daycare facilities and programs? Or are the majority home based.

ALL.

ANYONE working in any capacity relating to kids.

Including parents.

Michael 06-09-2014 11:22 AM

All daycare related businesses and topics.

Controlled Chaos 07-15-2014 07:42 PM

Hi

Hi! I worked in a large daycare facility in a 2s room about 10 years ago. Then I worked as a PE teacher k-8th grade for a while. After 4 years of that (and having the 2nd of my 3 LOs) I started babysitting out of my home. I have now been running a small home daycare for 2 years. I just found this forum as I hit a bit of a burnout. Hoping ideas and support here can help me remedy some things about my business so I can keep it up until my 3rd is in school.

Unregistered 08-25-2014 09:50 PM

Hi micheal

hey hi micheal, i am sarah.. mom of two.. my elders one lives with my parents and i should take care my young ones.

Unregistered 09-16-2014 10:13 PM

Hi, my name is Tonya. I enjoy reading the posts to this website. I have been thinking about opening my daycare back up again. I miss it a lot. Reading these posts makes me think about how much fun I had while doing daycare. Still deciding.

L'smom 12-18-2014 09:45 AM

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I ama mother of one baby girl and an owner of an in home daycare. I have had my daycare for almost a year. I am still very new and love to come to the site for advice on how to make my daycare better. Also how do I open attachments in other people's posts?

Blackcat31 12-18-2014 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by L'smom:
Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I ama mother of one baby girl and an owner of an in home daycare. I have had my daycare for almost a year. I am still very new and love to come to the site for advice on how to make my daycare better. Also how do I open attachments in other people's posts?

Welcome to the forum!

You are now registered as a member so attachments should be viewable.

If you have any other questions, just let me know or post openly...everyone here is super helpful and friendly! :)

Michael 12-18-2014 02:17 PM

Welcome to the forum L'smom likethis

Letspretend 01-15-2015 06:47 PM

Hi, this is my first time on a forum! I am a stay at home mom for the last 3 years since my son was born. I also have an 8 year old. Since my son started preschool i have been thinking about starting a daycare service from my home and taking 1 or 2 children. I live in the state of NJ and believe i don't need to get a license if I care for 5 or less children in my home. I am hoping find some great knowledge and advice here .... :)

Michael 01-15-2015 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Letspretend:
Hi, this is my first time on a forum! I am a stay at home mom for the last 3 years since my son was born. I also have an 8 year old. Since my son started preschool i have been thinking about starting a daycare service from my home and taking 1 or 2 children. I live in the state of NJ and believe i don't need to get a license if I care for 5 or less children in my home. I am hoping find some great knowledge and advice here .... :)

Welcome! :)

marcieandpie 01-23-2015 06:22 AM

Hi, my name is Marcie. Although I've been reading through threads for a while, I have never properly introduced myself. I have been researching and planning my family home daycare for a year now while working other jobs and going to school, and will be submitting my application to the state in a couple of weeks. Excited to say the least! I will finally be doing something I love and raising my own kid! Thank you for the valuable information.

Michael 01-23-2015 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by marcieandpie:
Hi, my name is Marcie. Although I've been reading through threads for a while, I have never properly introduced myself. I have been researching and planning my family home daycare for a year now while working other jobs and going to school, and will be submitting my application to the state in a couple of weeks. Excited to say the least! I will finally be doing something I love and raising my own kid! Thank you for the valuable information.

You're welcome. Glad you are a member.

Madukes 02-17-2015 06:43 AM

Newbie Here...

Hello, my name is Stacie. I love taking care of my grandson he has bought so much joy to my life from the day he was born that it has sparked new life into me and to start me on my journey of becoming a in home daycare provider, during my research i ran across this site and am so glad i did i am learning so much and just want to thank the founder and all who share here!

Nurse Jackie 03-21-2015 07:09 AM

Hi my name is Marie and I am in the process of becoming a licensed provider. I decided to become a daycare provider since my youngest is now in school full time. I miss having kids here with me through out the day. I love working with kids and thought this would be a good way to bring in some income. While doing my research and googling questions this forum was able to provide me with a lot of my answers. I look forward to the support system

Desi 06-24-2015 07:05 PM

Im NEW!!

Hi all! I am Erica from California. I have been running a home daycare now for almost 2 years while raising my own 2 kids. I used to manage a large medical practice, now I enjoy being home with them while still making money. I was recommended to this AMAZING site by my mother who runs her own daycare and pre-school program for over 20 years. I have been reading a lot on here since I have experienced my first real problems and needed an outlet, so I decided to join to get new ideas, since my initial ideas backfired on me. Looking froward to some great ideas and input! Thanks guys!! :Sunny:

Michael 06-24-2015 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Desi:
Hi all! I am Erica from California. I have been running a home daycare now for almost 2 years while raising my own 2 kids. I used to manage a large medical practice, now I enjoy being home with them while still making money. I was recommended to this AMAZING site by my mother who runs her own daycare and pre-school program for over 20 years. I have been reading a lot on here since I have experienced my first real problems and needed an outlet, so I decided to join to get new ideas, since my initial ideas backfired on me. Looking froward to some great ideas and input! Thanks guys!! :Sunny:

Welcome to the forum. PM me if you need answers to using this forum.

OKokay 07-27-2015 03:50 PM

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to learning (a lot) more...

ChildrenOfAmerica 07-29-2015 08:14 AM

HI! I'm Michelle, I work at Children of America, which is a daycare provider in 12 states. I'm here to make new friends and talk about working in daycare :)

Littlesteppingstones 11-17-2015 06:13 AM

Hi All! I'm new on here opened up a group family center in NY this September. Process took me 2 years! Happy I made the decision as I now have a 1 year old.. This site has definitely helped in the process and happy to now be a part of it!

Missjaime 04-04-2016 07:52 PM

Hi there!

Hi all! I opened my in home day care about a year and a half ago and have been looking for a place to get opinions and advice from fellow providers! Strangely, I am slightly confused about how to post a new thread on the general board? Can you help? I would love to discuss "daily sheet apps" and which apps people are using, which ones they love and what to avoid. Can you direct me?

Michael 04-05-2016 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Missjaime:
Hi all! I opened my in home day care about a year and a half ago and have been looking for a place to get opinions and advice from fellow providers! Strangely, I am slightly confused about how to post a new thread on the general board? Can you help? I would love to discuss "daily sheet apps" and which apps people are using, which ones they love and what to avoid. Can you direct me?

Your question regarding posting is simple. Choose which category you want to post in here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/

Once in that category you will see a big blue button on the top left or bottom left that reads "New Thread". Click on that and you will be able to post.

Unregistered 08-02-2016 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Michael:
https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph...b3_board_usage

Hello everyone I hope I am doing this in the right place! I live in Washington State about 30 minutes north of Seattle. I have a licensed family childcare in my home. I have been licensed for almost 20 years. I ran a large center before that. I have been plugging away at my degree for years and I am excited that at Christmas I will have my Associates degree and am going to continue on to my Bachelors. It is nice several community colleges in my area are offering Bachelors in ECE on our schedule which is so helpful! WA state has a program called Early Achievers that rates home daycare centers on a scale of 1-4. It is s very very very detailed process to get rated. I am ser to be rated probably in the cohort in the Winter.
I fiund this while prowling for ideas others used for acessments. Wow where has then been all my life?
Carma

GrannyNanny0308 02-28-2017 05:14 PM

Hello,

I am considering opening an at home day care, and found your website via google. I'm in Washington state. I've been doing the commuting and corporate world for 25 plus years, I have three grown bio children, two grown stepchildren, and three young grandchildren. I'm heading to 55, and hoping to find my next path for the next 10 years. I love kids, and hoping this forum will help me determine if this is the right path for me. Nice to meet you.

Blackcat31 02-28-2017 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ehowerton:
Hello,

I am considering opening an at home day care, and found your website via google. I'm in Washington state. I've been doing the commuting and corporate world for 25 plus years, I have three grown bio children, two grown stepchildren, and three young grandchildren. I'm heading to 55, and hoping to find my next path for the next 10 years. I love kids, and hoping this forum will help me determine if this is the right path for me. Nice to meet you.

Welcome!!

Feel free to join in on any thread or start your own!

We're a pretty friendly bunch! :)

Mike 02-28-2017 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Welcome!!

Feel free to join in on any thread or start your own!

We're a pretty friendly bunch! :)

likethis
Very true. You will find this place very helpful.