Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This is So Disturbing! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90954)

Homebody 12-20-2018 06:24 PM

This is So Disturbing!

This is from my local news. This place needs to be shut down! I feel so sick to my stomach reading this article. I can't believe they are exempt from having a State License and getting inspections just because they are considered a school!

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...-alleged-abuse

storybookending 12-20-2018 08:38 PM

Ugh I wish I had read your line about being sick to your stomach reading the article because I am feeling that way now too. I feel like I read someone on here from Missouri post that their licensing rules are pretty lax compared to other states but my god this makes no sense to me. So if you call yourself a “school” you’re just exempt from licensing as long as you turn in a curriculum? What the what?

Rockgirl 12-20-2018 09:00 PM

It was horrible! Besides the direct abuse/neglect, those pics of the plates of food....YUCK! Poor kids. :(

Gemma 12-21-2018 09:40 AM

It shouldn't matter if they're school (or church) operated facilities, all daycare should be held to the same basic standards

Bluemoon5 12-21-2018 10:01 AM

So, a swaddled infant on his stomach, on a boppy. Losing a kid's inhaler and not informing staff of his condition. How have they not killed anyone yet!?

Homebody 12-21-2018 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bluemoon5:
So, a swaddled infant on his stomach, on a boppy. Losing a kid's inhaler and not informing staff of his condition. How have they not killed anyone yet!?

Exactly what I was thinking! This why they need to be shut down before a child loses their life!

CeriBear 12-23-2018 04:36 AM

I couldn’t even finish watching. How disgusting. Just looking at those dirty nap mats and plates of food makes me sick to my stomach. And the reports of neglect and abuse? This place needs to be shut down. :mad::mad:

Josiegirl 12-24-2018 02:27 AM

So much wrong with that place! I don't understand why, whether the place is considered affiliated with a school or not, it wasn't subject to licensing scrutiny??? Why don't the same rules and regs. apply as through out the rest of the state? Don't schools get checked out?? And how did that one employee make it 4 months without reporting to officials in the first place? Or any of the employees for that matter?? It boggles the mind how this could've kept going on without 'stirring' the pot'.
Most of the pictures were disgusting, disturbing and very sad to think kids were living that while parents were working. Also, were there more parents that came out to speak up after the shutdown? Seems to be so little said about that.:confused:

Wait, have they NOT shut them down?

Homebody 12-24-2018 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
So much wrong with that place! I don't understand why, whether the place is considered affiliated with a school or not, it wasn't subject to licensing scrutiny??? Why don't the same rules and regs. apply as through out the rest of the state? Don't schools get checked out?? And how did that one employee make it 4 months without reporting to officials in the first place? Or any of the employees for that matter?? It boggles the mind how this could've kept going on without 'stirring' the pot'.
Most of the pictures were disgusting, disturbing and very sad to think kids were living that while parents were working. Also, were there more parents that came out to speak up after the shutdown? Seems to be so little said about that.:confused:

Wait, have they NOT shut them down?

It's my understanding that this place is still open, and the state has not said if they will look into the matter.

I live about a half hour from this place, but I'm in Kansas. I was not aware at how lax Missouri is in their regulations, and shocked that they could be exempt from inspections just because they turn in a curriculum.

Something definitely needs to change here.

LysesKids 12-25-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by storybookending:
Ugh I wish I had read your line about being sick to your stomach reading the article because I am feeling that way now too. I feel like I read someone on here from Missouri post that their licensing rules are pretty lax compared to other states but my god this makes no sense to me. So if you call yourself a “school” you’re just exempt from licensing as long as you turn in a curriculum? What the what?

I lived and ran my infant childcare on the MO/KS line just over 10 years ago (just as KS was changing it's laws)... like literally less than 2 blocks from State Line Rd in Kansas City... I was constantly turned into KS officials by other providers thinking I was breaking the law, when I actually lived on MO side & I was a legally registered home for 4 babes. Still have the paperwork because I took subsidy then. The laws differ so much... You don't even have to register in the state when you homeschool.