Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Insurance (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Renewal Headache with Assured Child Care (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88856)

hwichlaz 02-27-2018 08:46 AM

Renewal Headache with Assured Child Care
 
Is there a daycare insurance company that doesn't make you fill out a new application every year at renewal. Because I'm pretty sure that I screw it up every year. I just want it to roll over and choose "yes" for renew like I do for my care insurance and renter's insurance every year. The renewal application is in a different format with slightly different verbage than my certificate of insurance, which alway makes me feel like I'm probably translating it over to the new app wrong. This is rediculous. I shouldn't have to fill everything out all over again if I don't want anything to change. And they can "walk me through it" over the phone, but only during daycare hours....with a heavily accented rep that I can't understand with all of the background noise I have going on here.

Annalee 02-27-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwichlaz (Post 666879)
Is there a daycare insurance company that doesn't make you fill out a new application every year at renewal. Because I'm pretty sure that I screw it up every year. I just want it to roll over and choose "yes" for renew like I do for my care insurance and renter's insurance every year. The renewal application is in a different format with slightly different verbage than my certificate of insurance, which alway makes me feel like I'm probably translating it over to the new app wrong. This is rediculous. I shouldn't have to fill everything out all over again if I don't want anything to change. And they can "walk me through it" over the phone, but only during daycare hours....with a heavily accented rep that I can't understand with all of the background noise I have going on here.

When DCI stopped servicing my state a few years ago, I went with Assure and the one thing I liked was their customer service....talked with them multiple times before enrolling. Have been with them several years now and they just send me a link to renew closer to renewal time....Maybe my form is different than yours but I don't have any issues...just the coverage amounts, etc. Make a note which parts you are confused about so maybe you could avoid going through the entire form which would make things quicker. Up to this point, Assure customer service has been awesome when I have called them. Good luck :)

Daycare Insurance 02-27-2018 01:23 PM

Most companies will make you fill out a renewal application. The reason for this is that the child care industry is a high risk class of business, and providers often make changes to their business model. While your business might not change from year to year, for many providers it does. They apply for larger licenses, their enrollment changes, incidents occur, etc. DCI is currently working on rolling out a new system where providers will be able to apply online, and it will be much faster and more efficient. Providers will still have to fill out the renewal application every year, but the system will walk them through it.

hwichlaz 03-09-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annalee (Post 666901)
When DCI stopped servicing my state a few years ago, I went with Assure and the one thing I liked was their customer service....talked with them multiple times before enrolling. Have been with them several years now and they just send me a link to renew closer to renewal time....Maybe my form is different than yours but I don't have any issues...just the coverage amounts, etc. Make a note which parts you are confused about so maybe you could avoid going through the entire form which would make things quicker. Up to this point, Assure customer service has been awesome when I have called them. Good luck :)

It is the online renewal form. But it asks questions that arenít answered by my current insurance paperwork. And I can never remember how I answered last time. :( They also confuse easily. They nearly didnít renew me last year because Iím licensed for 8, but have 12 enrolled. The rep contacted me and couldnít seem to wrap her brain around the fact that I have 12 enrolled, but only 6or7 attending at a time most days, never more than 8. I had to draw a graph, scan it, and email it to her.

hwichlaz 03-09-2018 09:55 AM

Iíve dowloaded DCIís paper form. And what I like, is that I could probably leave the date and signature blank after I fill it out, and make a few copies. Just sign and date it each year to send in :P

hwichlaz 03-09-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycare Insurance (Post 666934)
Most companies will make you fill out a renewal application. The reason for this is that the child care industry is a high risk class of business, and providers often make changes to their business model. While your business might not change from year to year, for many providers it does. They apply for larger licenses, their enrollment changes, incidents occur, etc. DCI is currently working on rolling out a new system where providers will be able to apply online, and it will be much faster and more efficient. Providers will still have to fill out the renewal application every year, but the system will walk them through it.

Thatís understandable. Car insurance needs often change as well. I donít see a reason you couldnít have the same question that car insurance renewals start with... ďHave their been any changes?Ē And if the answer is ďnoĒ then the form fills itself out.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 AM.