Daycare.com Forum
First ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12375)

NightOwl 08-01-2014 05:14 PM

I have one pregnant dcm who did not plan the pregnancy but they are still happy. When another dcm found out, she said dang it!! So when can I have another one? She meant when would I have room for her next child. She's planning her procreation around my availability. LOLOL. She IS very happy for the pregnant dcm, don't get me wrong, but she's dead serious about timing her next pregnancy so that I will have a spot.

MsLisa 08-04-2014 11:48 AM

Finally bought my 1st ever domain!!
(http://www.mslisadaycare.com)
I feel so professional now! :o

tehck_1013 08-04-2014 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wednesday:
She's planning her procreation around my availability. LOLOL.

Omg lol. Now if that is not the best compliment received, I don't know what is!

Originally Posted by MsLisa:
Finally bought my 1st ever domain!!
(http://www.mslisadaycare.com)
I feel so professional now! :o

YAY! Congratulations :) happyface

grateday 08-06-2014 08:54 PM

I love my very best friend

I love my very best friend ********* Kiss
The friend who is speech impaired "luuuee2" Kiss

So sweet and both boys for that matter
happyface

hope 08-08-2014 01:53 PM

Dcg just took her first steps. She has been in my care since she was 6 weeks old. I text mom that it looks like her baby will be starting to walk this weekend. I never tell parents when I see the firsts so that they think they have seen for first time. They just think I'm so good at what I do that I can predict the future. Hahaha!!!!! Little white lie but worth it. She will make her mommy so happy tonight when she goes home and shows off her new steps!

KidGrind 08-12-2014 04:19 PM

I got a really nice message. I had a really long & stressful day. Getting a message from that person made me smile.

Someone you least expect can brighten your day. :Sunny:

LysesKids 08-14-2014 01:52 PM

THANK YOU.... BrooklynM

This lady asked for help the other day with a contract and I sent her mine; well I guess it was fate because my computer crashed and burned yesterday and apparently my back up didn't work in cloud, so I had to reach out to the one person that had the full copy of my contract so I could print it off for an interview in an hour. She sent it back just in time.

Miracles do happen... it's easy to find registration paperwork online, but my contract is very detailed and specific as Brooklyn can vouch for lol.

Thank you again :)
BTW, I now own an external hard drive and we will be trying to retrieve/save my files and pics this weekend of the broken Macbook pro

SignMeUp 08-14-2014 07:32 PM

Went out to dinner with one of my child care families tonight. They have been at my house for six years. During the conversation, the mom casually mentioned that they gave up a deposit at another child care when I told them I had an opening :o I had no idea.

MsLisa 08-15-2014 08:41 AM

Got an email inquiring about my Before & After School Care...happyface
(please don't be spam, please don't be spam....)

daycarediva 08-23-2014 10:37 AM

I have posted before about the massive stash of little people that I have that my dcks would never touch. I pretty much have EVERY major set, some duplicates of the busses, planes, minivans, and figures.

We are doing a jungle theme and I pulled out a few to put in a sensory bin. My newest dcg went crazy for them. Thursday night I pulled them out of storage, washed up a few sets and put them out. My 'new' crew LOVED them. YAY!!!!!!!! I KNEW I was holding on to them for a reason! happyface

Play Care 08-25-2014 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have posted before about the massive stash of little people that I have that my dcks would never touch. I pretty much have EVERY major set, some duplicates of the busses, planes, minivans, and figures.

We are doing a jungle theme and I pulled out a few to put in a sensory bin. My newest dcg went crazy for them. Thursday night I pulled them out of storage, washed up a few sets and put them out. My 'new' crew LOVED them. YAY!!!!!!!! I KNEW I was holding on to them for a reason! happyface

Awesome!!! I always go back and forth when I see all the toys I have in basement storage - should I keep them? Toss them? etc. This reminds me why I keep them!:lol:

Play Care 08-25-2014 05:43 AM

A while back I switched from using paper towels in the bathroom to using washcloths. I have an plastic bin that holds all washcloths and a small covered rubbish bin I use as a hamper. It has worked wonderfully so far.

I only keep 6 or so cloths in the bin at a time. I can quickly look in the hamper after a child has used the bathroom and see if they are telling me the truth about washing their hands -and send them back in as necessry:lol:
Wasn't able to do that before with the paper towels.

DaveA 09-03-2014 04:39 AM

Sometimes not being able to go back to sleep is a good thing. Got up and started a pot of apple butter to can tonight. It's 630 and the house smells amazing already. happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Kimskiddos 09-03-2014 02:34 PM

Feel good moment for me.

I've been interviewing to fill my last spot. Had a really nice family with a 2yo interview on Monday. They asked great questions and the kiddo seemed pretty sweet. They had two more dc's to visit before they made their decision. Future dcd just stopped by to pay enrollment fee and get my enrollment packet! He starts on Monday.

I was a little nervous because I am one of the highest around rate wise and I just changed my hours to a 5:00PM closing instead of 5:30. Lost out on a couple of potential kiddos because of the earlier closing. So glad I stuck it out and found a great family too! :D

KidGrind 09-05-2014 12:55 PM

Cancel Hold for Infant Spot

A parent just cancelled their hold on an infant spot. I was their No. 2 choice. Their first choice was a center a block away from DCM’s job.

I am sad. I was so looking forward to a newborn. I totally understand the mother making the choice.

It really put a smile on my face that DCM was honest in the beginning. She also didn’t ask for a refund of fees. Yes, it was a non-refundable holding fee. Even so, we’ve all dealt with parents who think the policy or contract doesn’t apply to them.

She thanked me for my time. She called right after receiving notification the CDC had a spot for her infant. I love a considerate parent.

Blackcat31 09-05-2014 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by KidGrind:
A parent just cancelled their hold on an infant. I wan their No. 2 choice. Their first choice was a center a block away from DCM’s job.

I am sad. I was so looking forward to a newborn. I totally understand the mother making the choice.

It really put a smile on my face that DCM was honest in the beginning. She also didn’t ask for a refund of fees. Yes, it was a non-refundable holding fee. Even so, we’ve all dealt with parents who think the policy or contract doesn’t apply to them.

She thanked me for my time. She called right after receiving notification the CDC had a spot for her infant. I love a considerate parent.

That is a good story.

Sorry you didn't get the infant though. :(

Good thing about it is if things don't work out for them with this center, you know they will be calling you! likethis ;)

Play Care 09-05-2014 01:10 PM

Best. Day. Ever. I had three kids today - all unrelated. Usually three is a bad number but today it was a lucky one. They played fabulously well together all day. We were able to do our circle and story and art & craft and no one whined or argued. The few times I heard some tattle tale noise I just asked if someone was hurt or was getting hurt? And when they said no, I redirected them back to play. And no one argued with me or talked back, they went.

KidGrind 09-06-2014 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is a good story.

Sorry you didn't get the infant though. :(

Good thing about it is if things don't work out for them with this center, you know they will be calling you! likethis ;)

True.

Even so, some of you have been helping me with my baby addiction. I am starting to envision how my days would be easier with all mobile children.

Luna 09-08-2014 06:00 PM

I only had one dcb today and our neighbourhood put on quite a show today for him! We walked to the end of our street and he saw the car repair shop around the corner. They had a car up on the hoist and there were all kinds of grinding and rattling noises...he was thrilled. The we looked around the corner the other way. A digger digging up someone's driveway! He danced a little dance where he stood. Then! Directly in front of us, they were draining a fire hydrant!!!
We walked toward the digger, stared, danced, waved at the workers, got past that and turned the next corner...someone was having lumber delivered. The truck was too big for the street so it was parked at the end of the street and the guy was driving the lumber down the street on a fork lift. My lil guy was beside himself! We walked down that street waving and saying hi to that guy every time he went by us. Then we watched the guy hook the forklift onto the back of the truck happyface.
We turned the next corner, got all the way back to my street, and here comes mommy and daddy around the corner to pick up. They had one gleeful boy to take home!

Play Care 09-10-2014 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Luna:
I only had one dcb today and our neighbourhood put on quite a show today for him! We walked to the end of our street and he saw the car repair shop around the corner. They had a car up on the hoist and there were all kinds of grinding and rattling noises...he was thrilled. The we looked around the corner the other way. A digger digging up someone's driveway! He danced a little dance where he stood. Then! Directly in front of us, they were draining a fire hydrant!!!
We walked toward the digger, stared, danced, waved at the workers, got past that and turned the next corner...someone was having lumber delivered. The truck was too big for the street so it was parked at the end of the street and the guy was driving the lumber down the street on a fork lift. My lil guy was beside himself! We walked down that street waving and saying hi to that guy every time he went by us. Then we watched the guy hook the forklift onto the back of the truck happyface.
We turned the next corner, got all the way back to my street, and here comes mommy and daddy around the corner to pick up. They had one gleeful boy to take home!

I always love when that happens - our neighbors put on an addition last year, and the kids were just enthralled. :D

Play Care 09-10-2014 02:31 AM

Can I just say again how AWESOME my new group is? After two years of challenging kids, constantly having to be on top of them and doing mostly provider led activities to keep them from destroying my home, and each other, I am back to being able to ENJOY my day.
The kids have normal kid squabbles, but it's just so much more relaxed. More mellow kids, better listeners, etc.
I didn't realize what a cloud we had been under until it lifted:o:)

melilley 09-12-2014 05:24 AM

My 11 month old peanut, who is the size of a 7 month old, just took two steps towards me! Her mom put her down and was holding her fingers and dcg let go and took two steps towards me!lovethis

And today is going to be an easy day compared to the what my week has been!

DaveA 09-18-2014 04:47 AM

Kids go back to school today after the Carbon Monoxide leak at the school Monday. No one had any long term or serious effects & are ready to get back in the swing of things. happyface

Bookworm 09-23-2014 04:18 PM

1. When I got to work this morning, my class was clean.
2. 2 parents actually read the calendar.
3. My special/selfish parent finally understood that tomorrow's field trip will happen whether DCG is there or not and that if she's late, we will leave without her.

ColorfulSunburst 09-23-2014 06:03 PM

2.2y.o boy drew his first "happy face" picture.
2.3y.o. boy as well as 3y.o. boy gave answers for all my questions about octopus and ostrich. The last week we were learning the letter O and at the same time speaking about these "O" animals.

BumbleBee 09-27-2014 01:56 PM

25 good condition children's books and an entire set of NEVER BEEN USED hooked on phonics bought today for $7.50

Our library holds a book sale every year on the last Saturday of September and I made out like a bandit this year!

Next weekend is the book sale for the library in the next town over.

Now I just have to figure out where to put them. . .

SignMeUp 09-30-2014 11:00 AM

I made semi-homemade clam chowder today for my own lunch, and double-spice pumpkin bread for the kids (and me!)
Yummy :lol: It's the best lunch I've had in months :lol:
And I'm saving up all the good feelings, because after today, all bets are off :cool:

Play Care 10-03-2014 09:32 AM

Licensing renewal visit today.
100% compliance, no "dings"
happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Play Care 10-07-2014 10:32 AM

I hired a housekeeper who can come Friday mornings!!!happyfacehappyface

Bookworm 10-07-2014 01:08 PM

Yesterday morning, I had to get gas. When I pulled up to the pump and got out, a man on the pump across from me asked if I was getting gas. I told him yes and he told me to come and get the rest of the gas he paid for. He said he could only put $15 in his tank and that I can have the other $20. I couldn't believe it. I kept asking him if he was serious. He laughed and even pumped it for me. I thanked and hugged him. I good to see that there are still good people in the world.

daycarediva 10-07-2014 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Play Care:
I hired a housekeeper who can come Friday mornings!!!happyfacehappyface

LUCKY DUCK! ENJOY!!

I had one who came Saturdays, but she started being late and it interfered with plans. Then I got a Friday girl, but she cleaned like my Dad (dust-don't move stuff, vacuum-no edging done, etc) :o

Play Care 10-07-2014 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
LUCKY DUCK! ENJOY!!

I had one who came Saturdays, but she started being late and it interfered with plans. Then I got a Friday girl, but she cleaned like my Dad (dust-don't move stuff, vacuum-no edging done, etc) :o

I am really nervous about it. It's been a couple of years since I've had someone. They were okay, but not great. Of course they were a huge step up from the lady before who tried to extort money from me :eek: Fingers crossed this lady works out.

Play Care 10-09-2014 11:10 AM

It's Thursday, and the infant does NOT come on Fridayshappyfacehappyface

I feel bad, he's a great baby, but I am NOT an infant provider. I love him to bits and he's well taken care of here, but TGIF!!!!happyfacehappyface

I had my assistant here this morning and while I didn't get everything done I wanted I did clean out my kids bedrooms and change their furniture around. Their rooms look so much nicer. happyface

DaveA 10-10-2014 12:33 PM

Wrapping up 3rd week with new 6month old. I wish all new starts could go this well. A really happy and engaged baby from day one. happyface

Play Care 10-17-2014 05:51 AM

The "how to" videos on You Tube are the BEST. THING. EVER!
I was able to use them to install my tot locks, and today to fix my dishwasher. happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Annalee 10-17-2014 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Wrapping up 3rd week with new 6month old. I wish all new starts could go this well. A really happy and engaged baby from day one. happyface

I used to love taking infants but since the generations have turned into co-sleeping/jump on every whimper/etc...my preference has changed:eek:

Sunshine74 10-17-2014 09:37 AM

We only had 5 today, 3 called off, so my sister and I were able to get a lot of cleaning/ organizing done. Doesn't sound like fun, but it needed to be done.

Josiegirl 10-17-2014 11:03 AM

My loud, sassy, non-napper dcg(who I really do love!) wasn't here today so everyone actually slept for an hour!! I didn't have to spend an hour saying shhh, be quiet, lay back down, no you've already been to the bathroom twice, shhhh.

Annalee 10-17-2014 11:18 AM

Today has been a day of laughter for me....I do not know any of you personally, but I feel some of the posts today have made me laugh and I needed that! Daycare is going fine, but it seems dealing with life's issues never ceases:eek: Thanks for the :lol::lol::lol::lol:! :)

KidGrind 10-24-2014 05:25 PM

Well it’s Friday!

A client brought my daughter Georgetown Cupcakes to make her feel better about her injury.

I told my husband I liked the 2014 BMW 428i convertible. He said, “ When are we going to the dealership?” happyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyface

Now I am not going to be a spoiled brat. But it was just wonderful that he is willing to spoil me.lovethis