Daycare.com Forum
First ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12375)

Cat Herder 01-13-2020 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Annalee:
The local college here doesn’t offer the tech certificate so I went on to get my associates after the CDA. I have renewed once but am not renewing in June this year as it is too much hassle. My associates degree carries me now on my report card. I have heard whispers of change coming that I really like but am afraid to trust just yet. :o

I am being pushed to complete the associates, but it won't bring me any more pay, stars or grants. They would have to pay tuition upfront for me to even consider it. ;) I already have a degree in another field they won't count. :rolleyes:

Annalee 01-13-2020 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am being pushed to complete the associates, but it won't bring me any more pay, stars or grants. They would have to pay tuition upfront for me to even consider it. ;) I already have a degree in another field they won't count. :rolleyes:

We have a program here that pays for us. During my time, I had to pay the extra for the online classes because that's the path I took with the exception of 6 classes. Now, I think providers pay $50 per class to attend physically; plus the excess if doing the online class????? AND yes, no extra pay or grants or whatever. :(

ETA: there are grants here, but everyone else has the same access I have despite my education.

Msdunny 01-17-2020 12:23 PM

Passport renewed - likethis
Airline tickets purchased - likethis

Ireland, here we come (in September! :lol:) - :D:D:D

I am so excited to start planning this trip!

Cat Herder 01-17-2020 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Passport renewed - likethis
Airline tickets purchased - likethis

Ireland, here we come (in September! :lol:) - :D:D:D

I am so excited to start planning this trip!

You are going to love it happyface

Josiegirl 02-08-2020 08:26 AM

While the weather has been terrible for the past couple of days, snow and freezing rain, it's ended up being absolutely gorgeous outside. The trees are all encased in a blanket of ice and snow, everything appears white and pure again instead of the brown snow we'd had.
I love the stark contrast of colors with the new pure white snow and the birds at the feeders. It's the little things in life we need to appreciate each day. :)

SpringBear 02-10-2020 10:34 AM

Just had my first licensing visit and the worst (and only) thing they found was that I didn't have medical scissors in my first aid kit. Should be licensed by March!

dolores 02-10-2020 11:08 AM

Congrats to you happyface! Inspections can be so nerve wracking! We had an unannounced visit last week. They spent 2.5 hours going through everything but luckily we did well too. Be prepared at all times.

Cat Herder 02-10-2020 11:14 AM

Congratulations and good luck going forward. :Sunny:

Rockgirl 02-10-2020 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
While the weather has been terrible for the past couple of days, snow and freezing rain, it's ended up being absolutely gorgeous outside. The trees are all encased in a blanket of ice and snow, everything appears white and pure again instead of the brown snow we'd had.
I love the stark contrast of colors with the new pure white snow and the birds at the feeders. It's the little things in life we need to appreciate each day. :)

I love this. :)

Ariana 02-26-2020 07:15 AM

Stood my ground and told a family who wanted to drop down to part time 2 days a week due to maternity leave that I could only accommodate 3 days per week happyface. I run a business, not a charity and 3 days is more than I need to accommodate :)

Josiegirl 03-03-2020 02:34 AM

Yesterday was a lot of fun! But I'm still glad I don't do this 5x a week and have no idea how I did it before I retired. I had my 2 former dcgs over for the day yesterday. They were really good(mostly, Lol, they're sisters after all) and we did so much together. It was nice to see them again and I love them dearly. :)

CenterTeacher20 03-19-2020 10:59 AM

All but a few of our DCF's work for/at the local hospital in tons of different departments, some are nurses, some are managers of things and some are in marketing. Today, some of the non-nurses showed up at daycare and surprised everyone. They took a trip to costco and brought us a ton of extra snacks and supplies and water bottles, etc. The kids were so excited to see their moms, they expressed how grateful they are that we are still open and doing everything we can for them. It was a really great moment :) Even snapped a few pictures that may be posted to the Hospitals facebook page and website! That seriously made my day lovethislovethis

e.j. 03-19-2020 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
All but a few of our DCF's work for/at the local hospital in tons of different departments, some are nurses, some are managers of things and some are in marketing. Today, some of the non-nurses showed up at daycare and surprised everyone. They took a trip to costco and brought us a ton of extra snacks and supplies and water bottles, etc. The kids were so excited to see their moms, they expressed how grateful they are that we are still open and doing everything we can for them. It was a really great moment :) Even snapped a few pictures that may be posted to the Hospitals facebook page and website! That seriously made my day lovethislovethis

That's amazing! I love hearing stories like this where people show such thoughtfulness and generosity.

Cat Herder 04-22-2020 04:15 AM

Faith restored. <3 Written by a 20-something.

In response to "Well, I am not going back to work. It is too dangerous for me."

"that fine and that’s your prerogative, but when people are complaining that the government isn’t handing out money fast enough and failing to realize that the process consists of other people having to go to work to make that happen, it’s just a little ironic. The article said they have people working 7 days a week for this. 1) they are still going to work everyday even though there may be a risk. 2) imagine if they all decided it was too dangerous for them to go to work and caused even more delays in government money. It takes people to make stuff happen in this world, and if nobody was willing to work, imagine what would happen. There is always inherent risk to anything. If a person chooses to stay home, go for it, but then don’t complain when people working aren’t catering to your needs on your timeline."

Annalee 05-16-2020 11:45 AM

I know we should have done most of this sooner but the roller coaster of covid 19 has had me side-tracked since March.

BUT TODAY, my oldest son and I pressure washed the things in the daycare playground and finally getting some things put together from my grant earlier in the year.

Got the sticks and other debris out of the yard from all the storms we've had lately.

Still have some materials to put together from the grant, and some steps to be made for our front porch entrance but

I feel it's starting to come together!happyface:D

Baby Beluga 05-19-2020 08:32 AM

I say goodbye to one of my all time favorite DCK's today. He is aging out to kinder and it is super bittersweet. I am sad to see him leave, but am excited for his new adventure ahead.

This family is the sweetest, most wholesome, generally all around awesome people. And it shows in their children's dispositions. I wish I could clone this little dude. He is going places, and is going to absolutely rock at kinder lovethis

CountryRoads 05-29-2020 06:24 AM

My last Friday until September!

My Friday group is so small in the summers, so I decided to go to a M-TH week so I can spend more time with my kids.

I had one dcm make a comment about it last night, but oh well. Not my problem you have no back-up care :rolleyes:

I'm so excited!

CeriBear 06-11-2020 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I say goodbye to one of my all time favorite DCK's today. He is aging out to kinder and it is super bittersweet. I am sad to see him leave, but am excited for his new adventure ahead.

This family is the sweetest, most wholesome, generally all around awesome people. And it shows in their children's dispositions. I wish I could clone this little dude. He is going places, and is going to absolutely rock at kinder lovethis

I had a girl like this a few of years ago. She was the sweetest and kindest kid I’ve ever had and her mom, dad, and both sets of grandparents were amazing. Such a great family. I was so sad when she left to go to kindergarten.
Well this summer she returned to our centers summer school age program. She is now 7 and still the same sweet girl as when she was 4.

Yesterday was a rough day but one of my new students told me that she loves the way I read books during circle time better than her last teacher. I like to change my voice to pretend I am the different characters. Apparently Ms. Ceri is “the most awesomest “ reader in the world.

Annalee 06-11-2020 07:25 AM

Today is my Friday!happyface

AmyKidsCo 08-07-2020 01:28 PM

ALL my kiddos napped today, and BOTH infants slept 2 straight hours! Usually the most I can get from one is 1 1/2 hours, even when he skips his AM nap. Happy Friday to me!

Cat Herder 08-12-2020 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by jeffersonksv:
eu também gosto demais desses tópicos para desabafar.

The positive thread is indeed more enjoyable, but the venting thread is also very useful in stress management. :Sunny:

Annalee 09-26-2020 08:29 AM

College Gameday!!!!!!!

Touchdown! Give Him Six!

The pounding running game!

The elite receivers!

A FUN day for my family.......lots of food....and good times
.happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Annalee 09-27-2020 07:18 AM

College Gameday!!!!!!!

Touchdown! Give Him Six!

The pounding running game!

The elite receivers!

A FUN day for my family.......lots of food....and good times
.happyfacehappyfacehappyface

I enjoyed the upsets and excited we won in a VERY not-so-pretty game. :D

Blackcat31 09-27-2020 07:21 AM

I enjoyed the upsets and excited we won in a VERY not-so-pretty game. :D

Glad you’re finding some fun in this year happyface
Those kinds of mental health breaks are soooo needed right now :)

My go-to sports have been running a partial season with only half the regular participants involved so not even worth watching :(.

Annalee 09-27-2020 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Glad you’re finding some fun in this year happyface
Those kinds of mental health breaks are soooo needed right now :)

My go-to sports have been running a partial season with only half the regular participants involved so not even worth watching :(.

In the after-game press conference, our coach began with no matter how it goes "win or lose this year" in college football that these student athletes are inspirational as they are not able to be normal as they sit in dorm rooms with school work but these students still competed and maintained a level of normalcy however, the "mental health" could not be measured. His speech from last night has drawn attention today because it really put things in perspective. Mental health for us can not be measured per se with stats like the covid counts that are sent out daily here in my state and I'm sure other states as well. His speech definitely stuck with me as I was only thinking about the botched punts, poor-thrown passes, etc. But these coaches are having to be more than coaches this year and those play making mistakes were not the priority after that game from the coach's standpoint. :)

Annalee 09-29-2020 10:47 AM

My niece called me mid week last week having trouble getting her 6 month old to lay in her bed in her own room and asking for help.....I shared "time is of the essence and it may take several nights of crying but it is for the betterment of the child to get her in her own bed, especially since a sibling is on the way". She wanted to bring her to me but I suggested me staying at her house instead so it would be the child's bed. Well, anyway, she decided it was her responsibility and she would take care of it.

Fast forward to near a week later and three nights (Wed, Thurs, Fri) of screaming and she went to sleep wonderfully Saturday night on her own and only woke up once for a bottle. I had been keeping her about once a week as my niece is working from home due to covid since March. Upon my suggestion, she has come this week every day and has laid in her bed at nap sleeping.

So proud of my niece as this was very difficult for her but she is so thankful as she said she had forgotten what a good nights sleep felt like but now she remembers.:lol::)

Annalee 09-29-2020 10:59 AM

My niece called me mid week last week having trouble getting her 6 month old to lay in her bed in her own room and asking for help.....I shared "time is of the essence and it may take several nights of crying but it is for the betterment of the child to get her in her own bed, especially since a sibling is on the way". She wanted to bring her to me but I suggested me staying at her house instead so it would be the child's bed. Well, anyway, she decided it was her responsibility and she would take care of it.

Fast forward to near a week later and three nights (Wed, Thurs, Fri) of screaming and she went to sleep wonderfully Saturday night on her own and only woke up once for a bottle. I had been keeping her about once a week as my niece is working from home due to covid since March. Upon my suggestion, she has come this week every day and has laid in her bed at nap sleeping.

So proud of my niece as this was very difficult for her but she is so thankful as she said she had forgotten what a good nights sleep felt like but now she remembers.:lol::)

Forgot the funny part during all of this.....she texts me all the time and one nights she text that "if I'm gonna have to go in there every five-seven minutes to re-assure her, then I'm just gonna crawl under the crib to sleep so I don't have to walk so far"....I told her that was not something to say to someone with a good bladder but especially not to an aunt that has a bad bladder because I just had an accident all over myself when I read that....:lol:

Annalee 10-14-2020 05:52 PM

Well, during my quarantine, I have cleaned my basement and now everyone will 'think' I have covid even if I don't....the coughing sneezing isn't good on a bad bladder either:lol:

Trying to be a little positive during this whole '2020' thing....like a roller coaster of emotions!:D

CenterTeacher20 10-16-2020 10:31 AM

Annual re-licensing is done for the year!!!! happyface

DaveA 11-06-2020 08:53 AM

I had been slow/ procrastinating selling a bunch of my daycare stuff. For once being not on task worked out well. A family friend ended up taking a baby for foster care. They had nothing for an infant as their kids are older. I was able to basically set them up with a "full kit" for a baby. happyface

CenterTeacher20 11-24-2020 09:33 AM

You guys... I termed my problem family today. Unruly kids, and the most entitled parents ever. I'm washed with relief right now!

Cat Herder 11-24-2020 10:09 AM

You guys... I termed my problem family today. Unruly kids, and the most entitled parents ever. I'm washed with relief right now!

Congrats!!! happyface Feels great doesn't it? The air is fresher, the sky is brighter, food tastes' better.... :lol::lol::lol:

Pepperth 11-24-2020 10:23 AM

I just had my license inspection renewal, and it was the quickest and easiest ever!! It helped that the state had me scan in all the paperwork to them ahead of time. In a little over an hour I get a much-needed 5 day break! It's been a heck of a year so far, but we've made it this far.

daycarediva 11-24-2020 10:59 AM

Congratulations!!!!

Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I just had my license inspection renewal, and it was the quickest and easiest ever!! It helped that the state had me scan in all the paperwork to them ahead of time. In a little over an hour I get a much-needed 5 day break! It's been a heck of a year so far, but we've made it this far.

AWESOME! I wish the state would do that here! Last inspection it took them over 4 hours to go through our files alone.

Josiegirl 11-28-2020 03:28 AM

I get to visit my sister and her dh today, to offer her respite, after waiting for 2+ weeks. lovethislovethis

e.j. 11-28-2020 08:56 AM

I get to visit my sister and her dh today, to offer her respite, after waiting for 2+ weeks. lovethislovethis

I hope you enjoy your visit and that your sister gets the break she probably needs.

Annalee 12-01-2020 06:37 PM

Saying a prayer that the announcement from the CDC tomorrow is lessoning the quarantine for covid exposure. If so, I'm outta here and into daycare....tomorrow is day 13 for me, but they are changing it to 7 days with negative test or 10 days with no test....either way I'm good and hoping it goes into effect immediately. happyface

Josiegirl 12-02-2020 02:36 AM

Saying a prayer that the announcement from the CDC tomorrow is lessoning the quarantine for covid exposure. If so, I'm outta here and into daycare....tomorrow is day 13 for me, but they are changing it to 7 days with negative test or 10 days with no test....either way I'm good and hoping it goes into effect immediately. happyface

How is your dh feeling????

Annalee 12-02-2020 05:19 AM

How is your dh feeling????

He went to doctor Monday to get his release papers for work but they gave him another shot and are treating him for strep...his test was negative but his throat is very sore and infected-looking??

He goes back to work Monday...instead of Friday as planned..

Still taking some breathing treatments due to his coughing, etc. but happy to be out of quarantine.:)

Blackcat31 12-02-2020 06:16 AM

How are you and your DH feeling?

How is your sister and BIL doing?

Been thinking about all of you!