Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare and Taxes (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to include my husbands time? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78612)

Darling 08-05-2015 07:31 PM

How to include my husbands time?

If my husband helps me out with daycare work (he's taken all the classes I have) how do I document his time towards my T&S %? Say, he helps me clean up, organize, do dishes etc. each night: shouldn't that somehow be counted? Anyone have any advice?

Thriftylady 08-05-2015 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Darling:
If my husband helps me out with daycare work (he's taken all the classes I have) how do I document his time towards my T&S %? Say, he helps me clean up, organize, do dishes etc. each night: shouldn't that somehow be counted? Anyone have any advice?

I don't think you can count your husband in the TS%. If you paid him wages, you could count it but I think you would also have to pay him taxes. When mine is home (over the road truck driver), I make him help me just because he is here and don't claim anything lol.

itlw8 08-05-2015 08:45 PM

It is my understanding you can count his time BUT not if you are doing something at that same time. So say you were painting the childcare area. if both of you paint for an hour at the same time it is an hour towards your t/s% but I you paint an hour and then he paints an hour it counts as 2 hours .

AmyKidsCo 08-06-2015 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by itlw8:
It is my understanding you can count his time BUT not if you are doing something at that same time. So say you were painting the childcare area. if both of you paint for an hour at the same time it is an hour towards your t/s% but I you paint an hour and then he paints an hour it counts as 2 hours .

Yes, this. You can count your kids' time too, if you're not doing anything at the same time. My boys tidy the playroom every night as I clean up from supper, and I count that time.

TomCopeland 08-06-2015 06:53 AM

husband's work

Originally Posted by Darling:

You can count the time your husband does work for your business as long as the work is directly related to your business. That is, the work would not be done if you weren't in business. Also, the work needs to be done when daycare children are not present in your home. You don't have to pay him for this work time to be counted.

Write down these hours on a calender, or in Minute Menu, noting the time of day it was done.

Darling 08-06-2015 08:37 AM

Thank you!

Thank you so much! This helps us out so much!

Maggie 08-06-2015 09:43 AM

Great question. I've never even considered counting the time my husband spends on daycare related projects. He has spent many hours putting toys together, raking and refilling the sandbox, cleaning outside toys etc.