Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   For Those With Contracted Hours... (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85110)

CityGarden 01-09-2017 04:20 PM

For Those With Contracted Hours...

For the providers who do contracted hours...

What times do you use for the pick up hour breakdown? (i.e. 3pm, 4pm, 5pm)

Do you increment the cost the same each hour or have a significant bump between two options....if so between which options?

What time do you find most families tend to pick up when you offer them the choice in the form on contracted hours?

Thanks in advance.

Ariana 01-09-2017 04:31 PM

My contracted hours are a bit different so I am not sure if this will help. If a parent wants 8 hours they pay X rate. 8-10 hours is a jump in the rate. They sign an agreement stating their hours and they pay based on those hours. Once they go over those hours they pay the late fees.

They can drop off and pick up between 7:30am and 5pm so they get to choose at the beginning of our relationship what their contracted hours will be.

nanglgrl 01-09-2017 11:20 PM

I do 3:30, 3:45, 4, 4:30. My biggest jump is from 4 to 4:30 because my ideal close time is 4 pm. All of my clients pick up between 3:30-4.

childcaremom 01-10-2017 04:01 AM

I do mine a bit differently again. I have parents tell me what they think they need in terms of drop off and pick up times and then I decide whether I can work with that. Those become their open hours and I don't allow early drop offs or late pick ups. I charge late fees and will term if they are late, regardless if other children are still in attendance or not.

There is a thread that goes over someone's fee set up by pick up times and it is a really great idea. I think Blackcat, nannyde and daycare have this set up. Maybe search threads on contracted hours by them.

If I had to do it again, that's what I would do. My daily rate would be for a pick up at 3:30 and then I would add to the daily rate by $3 per half hour. So a 4 pm pick up would add $3 to daily rate, etc.

My schedule would be set. So no changing from week to week. I would allow changes if hours change at work, their commute time is not working for them, etc but it would be at my discretion.

As far as picking up earlier, I think it would depend on whether or not the parent comes right from work, or whether or not they have family members nearby who can pick up the child early.

LysesKids 01-10-2017 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I do mine a bit differently again. I have parents tell me what they think they need in terms of drop off and pick up times and then I decide whether I can work with that. Those become their open hours and I don't allow early drop offs or late pick ups. I charge late fees and will term if they are late, regardless if other children are still in attendance or not.

There is a thread that goes over someone's fee set up by pick up times and it is a really great idea. I think Blackcat, nannyde and daycare have this set up. Maybe search threads on contracted hours by them.

If I had to do it again, that's what I would do. My daily rate would be for a pick up at 3:30 and then I would add to the daily rate by $3 per half hour. So a 4 pm pick up would add $3 to daily rate, etc.

My schedule would be set. So no changing from week to week. I would allow changes if hours change at work, their commute time is not working for them, etc but it would be at my discretion.

As far as picking up earlier, I think it would depend on whether or not the parent comes right from work, or whether or not they have family members nearby who can pick up the child early.

This is my set up... my parents tell me what hours they need (limit of 10) and it becomes their open childcare hours regardless of whether other kids are here or not; additional fees are charged for Early drop/late PU if requested otherwise they get hit with stiff fines

My longest contract will be 8-5 as of next month and the other 3 are 9-4 lol. It's going to be a great year because until October last year I was working 7a-7p five days week

Blackcat31 01-10-2017 06:15 AM

I offer attendance options of 3, 4 or 5 days a week.

The rate for each choice is figured at a 3:00 pick up time.

I charge approximately $5-8 PER additional hour for 4:00 and 5:00 pick up times.

I don't separate it anymore than that.

3, 4 or 5 day attendance option AND 3:00, 4:00 or 5:00 pick up time.

It keeps it simple for me and for parents. If they need to pick up at 3:30, they choose the 4:00 pick up time and have an extra 30 minutes to do as they please.

I know EXACTLY what time each day I am going to be done working. It makes it easy for me to schedule appointments outside of my work. Of course, I have had those parents that "it just doesn't work for me" but it works for me so they either figure it out or find alternate care.

Snowmom 01-10-2017 12:31 PM

I stagger my rates based on pick up times between 4:15-5:15. The rate raises every 15 minutes.
At 4:30, I prefer to be done, so my rates take a $10-$15 jump every 15 minutes after 4:30.

There's a $45/week difference between 4:30 and 5:15.