Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quit Over Email (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92263)

Unregistered 08-18-2019 07:55 AM

Quit Over Email

So I just quit over email. I work at the daycare with the cursing teacher. I quit without notice and I'm too afraid to read her reply (if any). Reasons with I quit without notice: brushed off my concerns with said teacher, didn't pay greed upon wage, the only benefits are vacation and that comes in 90 days after working there, poorly ran center, they put me in with a lady who they know has anger problems without any warning, they didn't fire her even though she slammed a door so hard it out a hole in the wall. CPS will probably be there Monday to investigate. The lady at CPA called me because one of the kids I reported on wasn't enrolled in the school ( it's said she was at some other center, but she was there Friday.) I told the lady I didn't know. I also told her I wasn't coming back to that center. How can I calm my nerves? Someone on reddit keeps telling me to find another job because I'm "paralyzed with fear about quitting and reporting".

boy_mom 08-18-2019 08:19 AM

I wouldnt worry anymore, there isn't anything that the center can do to you. Your job as a mandated reporter is to report any issues you see. You did your job!

Definitely get outside today, take a walk with a friend or by yourself. Dont talk about it anymore today (I know it's hard not to think about, but dont indulge the thoughts by talking about it!). Head to the beach, park, hiking trail and feel good that you did your job!

If you're unsure about jumping back into a daycare center, looks for a counter job at a restaurant or coffee shop while you figure things out.

Deep breathes, you did what you were supposed to do and the children will be the ones who benefit with a better environment!

Michael 08-18-2019 10:59 AM

Yes, agree with this ^^
You will feel better about your decision and action in the future.

e.j. 08-18-2019 11:20 AM

From what you've shared with us, you did the right thing. Take a deep breath and know that your report could be one step toward helping the kids who are enrolled in that day care. As boy mom advised, get out, get some fresh air, do whatever it takes to get your mind off the situation. If you start to think about it again, tell yourself, "I did the right thing" and then make a conscious effort to think about something else. With time and distance - and a new job - this experience will stop causing you so much anxiety. :hug:

Unregistered 08-18-2019 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by e.j.:
From what you've shared with us, you did the right thing. Take a deep breath and know that your report could be one step toward helping the kids who are enrolled in that day care. As boy mom advised, get out, get some fresh air, do whatever it takes to get your mind off the situation. If you start to think about it again, tell yourself, "I did the right thing" and then make a conscious effort to think about something else. With time and distance - and a new job - this experience will stop causing you so much anxiety. :hug:

I forgot, the teacher I reported won't even be there tomorrow.

Josiegirl 08-18-2019 04:07 PM

You did what you should've done; what needed to be done. If anything, you should be holding your head high knowing you did something positive to help those kids! And the woman flicking and cursing at the kids should be ashamed of herself.
Keep repeating this mantra to yourself 'I did the right thing'. Because you did. :)

e.j. 08-18-2019 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I forgot, the teacher I reported won't even be there tomorrow.

I don't know how investigations work but I'm sure they'll make it a point to drop in when she is working. If they miss her once, I'm sure they'll try again. Worst case, the director and the teacher will be on notice that they're on CPS radar and that a visit could happen at any time. Maybe it will be enough to change some of the behavior you observed.