Forum Forum (
-   Daycare Insurance (
-   -   Insurance for Listed Family Home in Texas (

MissElodie 02-22-2018 03:04 PM

Insurance for Listed Family Home in Texas
I'd like to open a listed family home in Texas. This means I am nor licenced nor Registered and that the Protective Falily Services will not inspect my place.
It limits me to a maximum of 3 children at all time.
I'm looking for an insurance to cover accident-medical expenses for children under my care if I'm deemed liable.
I called AssureChildCare and they only insure registered or licenced daycare.
Could you please give me the name of insurances that would insure my small in home childcare?

Daycare Insurance 02-26-2018 08:52 AM

For a child care that's not licensed or registered, it can be a bit difficult to find coverage. Your best bet is probably to check with your homeowners insurance company to see if they have a rider that you can add to your policy. Since you will only be caring for a few children, this should work for you. The accident medical coverage on those policies is usually very limited, but it's better than having no coverage at all.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 PM.