Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 4 5 13  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

ninosqueridos 04-13-2011 06:52 AM

After terminating two families in under two years, my DH called me "The Terminator" last night :lol::lol:

DCMom 04-13-2011 11:54 AM

We have been going outside a lot and most of the kids are pretty self-sufficent about getting jackets, shoes, etc on. I have two 3yo's that have tie shoes, so they have wait for someone to tie them before going out. My dd was helping me out today and everyone had gone out except these two. My dd looked at them and said 'what do you guys need?' They looked at each other then looked at my dd and said in unison:

Velcro.

:lol:

Meyou 04-14-2011 06:30 AM

DCB comes in today whispering insistantly to his mother, "SHE isss....she IS magic. She can do IT! I know she can." Mama tries to shush DCB saying they will go to the store this weekend. I asked, "what's up bud?" to DCB. He turns to me and says, "I'm tellin mama that you're magic and you CAN make me a pilot (prounced PIE-LOT) costume. You bring home favric from the favric store in a bag and take it downstairs. Then when the favric comes back its stuff. I tolds her you have magic playroom curtains and magic pirate and cowboy costumes but she doesn't believe me. I don't know hows you do it but I knows you're magic."

:lol::lol::lol:

The magic is my sewing machines in the basement which he hasn't seen in about a year since I switched things around so I guess he's forgotten the source of my powers. lol I told him I'd make him a pilot costume this weekend. :) How can I resist after that endorsement???

sahm2three 04-14-2011 01:03 PM

Ok, even though it has been so stressful for me here lately, I have to share a kid funny. One of my little 2 yo dcb's says to my 22 mo dcb as they are finishing up breakfast, "X, you suck it!" I hear it, but don't believe it. So I asked him what he said. He says, "X suck it!" I stand there, shocked. ThEN he says, "I fuuust (1st), and X suck it (second)!" OMG! So funny! I about died! This comes from the littles hearing all the big kids saying "I'm 1st" and "I'm second!" when I ask them to wash hands for lunch/snack/breakfast. They are good comedy relief, aren't they?!

SilverSabre25 04-15-2011 05:07 AM

dcb 2.9 yo: "I have balls!"

(he had just picked up a ball. I giggled anyway :p)

GretasLittleFriends 04-15-2011 09:01 AM

DCB (Just turned 3) says "Gawa (He doesn't say Greta) I don't feel good today. I need to go to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked. Then I will get a band-aid and I will feel all better."

jenh171 04-15-2011 09:57 AM

I was listening in on a conversation b/wn 2 and 3 yr. old girls. the three year old mentioned something about her grandma and the two year old asks "does she has blue hair or white hair?" LOL! :lol:

dotcmfmom 04-16-2011 02:50 AM

Hello Everyone,

There are so many things in life which you can make funny and more laugh. Fro laughing, there is no any time required.

kidkair 04-27-2011 05:22 PM

I let the kids (2 ages 2 and 3)have free reign of the art center today while I organized the curriculum for next month. In a few minutes they had the floor covered with glue and glitter! :) My whole daycare now sparkles!

jen2651 04-28-2011 06:45 PM

But sparkles make everything so pretty, and happy! The worst is when glitter gets stuck in indoor/outdoor carpet. It will NEVER come out completely!

kidkair 04-29-2011 03:05 PM

Glitter naturally sticks to everything and this stuff was covered in glue so yeah it's never leaving! I'm *doomed* to have sparkly carpet forever. :) It's also in the cracks of the wood floor! I don't mind though. It makes me smile every time I see another little sparkle. Ever since I took away the glitter they have been making confetti which is a little easier to clean up. I'm very thankful my toy room is not also my living room!

SilverSabre25 05-02-2011 10:06 AM

Me:" Careful, dcb, the pizza is a little hot. Give it a minute."

DCB: [looks at me, looks at the pizza, grins, pokes the pizza, bursts into tears] "IT'S HOT!!!!!" he screams angrily

Me: "Well, I warned you...and it's not *that* hot...

Other DCB: [looks at his pizza, pokes it, laughs] "Ow!" [pokes it again] "Ow!" [and again] "ow!"

Me::confused:

Meeko 05-02-2011 11:52 AM

Didn't happen today...but wanted to share anyway....

3yr old DCB (while snuggled up on my lap) "You're just like my Mommy"

ME (feeling all warm and fuzzy) "Am I sweetheart?"

DCB: "Yep! You don't have a penis"

Meeko 05-02-2011 11:58 AM

My friend's husband is a police officer. We had him come to talk to the kids the week we learned about community helpers.

He was showing the kids his belt and the stuff he had on it. Gun, handcuffs etc. One little girl loudly announced

"My Mommy keeps HER handcuffs on her bed!"

Ever seen a police officer cry with laughter?!:lol::lol::lol:

laundrymom 05-02-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meeko60:
My friend's husband is a police officer. We had him come to talk to the kids the week we learned about community helpers.

He was showing the kids his belt and the stuff he had on it. Gun, handcuffs etc. One little girl loudly announced

"My Mommy keeps HER handcuffs on her bed!"

Ever seen a police officer cry with laughter?!:lol::lol::lol:

Rofl!!! Could you imagine if she had been there!? Lololol

Childminder 05-03-2011 05:58 PM

My DH has a new nickname. Today my newest dcb3 came in and ran up to my DH and said "Good morning, Papa-doodle-do". So cute, we've laughed all day.

MarinaVanessa 05-04-2011 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Childminder:
My DH has a new nickname. Today my newest dcb3 came in and ran up to my DH and said "Good morning, Papa-doodle-do". So cute, we've laughed all day.

That IS cute!! Speaking of nick names, this reminded me about when the DC kids and I were singing the BINGO song and 8yo DCB makes up his own version. My hunny is a red head and my sons nickname is Fredo so they sang
There was a redhead had a boy and Fredo was his name-o
F-R-E-D-O, F-R-E-D-O, F-R-E-D-O and Fredo was his name-o :lol:

AnythingsPossible 05-05-2011 07:00 AM

My dcb (4 years old) has turned the little people noah's ark into jack sparrows ship. He is having quite the time with it!

sharlan 05-11-2011 03:14 PM

We had ham sandwiches for lunch today. I have a 4 yo loves buttered bread and a 3 yo loves ham. While I was making mine, they each ate their favorite part and switched plates. Um, sorry guys, that doesn't work.

sharlan 05-16-2011 06:51 PM

The two boys were wild beyond belief today. No matter what I said or did, they ran circles around the house, non stop. After the 10th time of stopping them and redirecting their play, I decided it was time to sit in the other room for a few minutes to regroup.

I called them to come because we were going to go sit in the dining room for a few minutes. They both yelled, "Yeah!!!!!!!! We get to go have a time out!" They were both so excited. I wanted 5 mins of silence. They won, I didn't get it.

SimpleMom 05-23-2011 06:26 AM

children's honesty ;)

Okay, I burped (a little burp) and teased the kids "oh, so and so, did you burp?". They responded no with a giggle. Then, another child chimes in matter-of-factly "Oh, it's my breath!" and smiles. Now, I know it wasn't their breath and they just brushed their teeth as well, but too funny. Cracked me up :)

DaisyMamma 05-24-2011 11:30 AM

My daughter, just under 2, has to come into the bathroom with me because she is a disaster waiting to happen. I was finished and I said "I made a big poopy." She said "EWE, YUCKY"

Ms. Stephanie 05-24-2011 05:15 PM

One of my toddlers (B) lifted up the bottom of my shirt today and poked my love handle repeatedly. He then looked at me and smiled. I told him laughingly "stop poking my belly goofball!" He kept doing it. I love that kid.

SilverSabre25 05-25-2011 01:43 PM

DD and DCG are currently "sneaking" up the stairs to scare me. This would be a tad bit more effective if it wasn't accompanied by a lot of giggling, the squeaking of the front door closing so they can get past it, the fact that I can see the front door, and the fact that the staircase is more-or-less open to the living room.

But I still jumped and "yelped" when they popped out and "scared" me, and they fell on the floor giggling wildly and proud that they managed to "scareded" me!

And I'm laughing inside at how sneaky kids think they are, but really aren't...so cute.

Luna 05-27-2011 10:30 AM

Dcb2 has been calling me "Honey" for a couple of days now. "What's for lunch today, Honey?". I feel like I'm his wife :lol:

dEHmom 05-27-2011 10:36 AM

ds: "mom look what I can do!"
me: "sorry hun, mommy's busy right now I'll look in a minute"
ds: "look with your eyes on the back of your head then"

Background, not sure if it was everyones mom who used to say it, but "mom's see everything, we have eyes on the back of our heads" was something I was always told. I remember checking my moms head for the invisible eyes...

Normally the only time my eyes are not on the kids is when I am doing dishes and they are eating lunch. My microwave is in a cubby above my sink, and the window is directly behind me (beside kitchen table).

SO I can see the entire kitchen in my peripheral and through the reflection on the microwave which basically acts like a mirror. Kids don't know this, so they start acting goofy, and I always tell them "stop making that face" or whatever they are doing, and they are STUNNED because they were watching to see if I was looking and clearly I was doing dishes with my back to them. So I tell them I have eyes on the back of my head.

Kaddidle Care 06-04-2011 09:54 AM

PreK 5 year old asked me if I was sure I was a "Grown Up". :lol:

Erm... yeah I think so.

Then she asked me exactly when was I a little kid. :cool:

kidkair 06-04-2011 09:32 PM

I love it when my daycare kids ask me when I will be going to work. I try to clue them into the fact I am working but they don't get it.

What made me laugh today is the absolute absurdity of life. I summed up my friend's recent months in a few short phrases and made her laugh. Here's her last 6 months in a nut shell: "Hey I just met an awesome guy! We're in love and moving in together! I just landed the most awesome job! I'm buying a house! I'm getting married! Can the world please slow down just a little bit!" She's happy having fun and realizing things are moving far faster than she would have planned but it's working for her either way. :)

Also my husband is buying a scooter and did a bunch of house work today to make up for the fact it's a bunch of money! :)

Kaddidle Care 06-05-2011 10:13 AM

DCB: "Where's YOUR bed?" (I work in a center - they think we LIVE there - sometimes I feel like I live there because I attend Church there too so yeah, I'm there 6 x a week, 7 if there's a Saturday event!) :lol:

Luna 06-08-2011 10:46 AM

At lunchtime I was telling the kids there are lots & lots of vitamins in their food. They were horrified! They all thought I said there were "Spidermans" in their food. :lol: I guess I need to work on my diction.

Childminder 06-10-2011 07:56 AM

Yesterday dcg4 was looking at a toy catalog that had a pic of a cement mixer on the cover and exclaimed "Look it's Build the Bobber! He fills the holes in the ground." For translation that is Bob the builder and Dizzy,:lol:.

laundrymom 06-10-2011 10:17 AM

Yesterday at lunch, 3 yr old says as I'm bending down to refil milk, Miss ***. You gots more white in your hair today. ".

Lol. ( today the white is gone)

Later the same boy, as I was bent to the floor to wipe up a plop of yogurt, ....
Miss ***

Your butt is not as big as yesterday.

Ahhhhh kids! Lol

areziaL 06-17-2011 12:29 AM

My neighbor's youngest son timmy made me laugh today. They were about to travel for a family visit when he ask me if I would like to come. I told him I'm not part of the family, he then stopped and suddenly gave me his stuff toy and told me, now you're part of the family teddy is now your child and teddy is part of our family so you're now part of the family. It was really sweet, I just told him that I can't come because I'm busy, he smiled and told me, O.k can teddy come grandma will look for him but only if you allow. That was really a funny and sweet conversation. :Sunny: I was never interested for a baby talk until I meet this sweet boy.

Jenjo 06-22-2011 07:42 AM

We were having some work done on our sprinkler system the other day. 4 yo dcg was very interested in watching them work and talking their ears off. She was telling one of the boys working that her mother wasn't feeling very well because she had her boobs lifted. Her mother recently had some work done. :lol: We laughed so hard! My kids think it is the funniest thing and tell everyone the story.

kidkair 06-22-2011 03:30 PM

I was making homemade pizza for lunch and had my 2 year old watching. I went to put spinach on and she asked to try some. I gave her a leaf (fresh) and she munched it happily. Then she did the cutest thing! She said, "Can I have more please." I laughed because she's two and wants the spinach rather than the pizza! She did eat the pizza too and more spinach on the side which my husband was less pleased about. :)

Cat Herder 06-23-2011 09:38 AM

http://youtu.be/vxnxsqUjNwk

Warning graphic language, but FUNNY and relevant to kids today.

Oldie but goody. F-bomb average is 60ish?? It is an equal opportunity offender, so don't take it personal...k?

Great PMS mood lifter....:lol::lol:

I hope the link works.

MarinaVanessa 06-23-2011 01:11 PM

Okay so I came across this cartoon on accident while googling about the budget passing or not on July 1st. I laughed a little out-loud and almost woke the napping DC KIDDOS. It's about how to get legislators to pay service providers on time.

http://www.theeditorialcartoons.com/....php?iid=39836

kidkair 06-23-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Okay so I came across this cartoon on accident while googling about the budget passing or not on July 1st. I laughed a little out-loud and almost woke the napping DC KIDDOS. It's about how to get legislators to service providers on time.

http://www.theeditorialcartoons.com/....php?iid=39836

Oh that is great! I would have woke the kiddos too had I read it during nap! Thanks for sharing!

Auntie 06-23-2011 06:49 PM

That is great!

seashell 06-28-2011 09:07 AM

My calender helper today was holding up a sign that said Monday. I asked him to tell the kids what day he was holding and spell it out. He insisted it wasnt Monday, it was Moneyday! I wish!