Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12375)

AfterSchoolMom 03-10-2010 05:29 AM

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
 
I love the venting thread here, but thought that it would be appropriate to post a thread for the good things that happen during our days as well. Sometimes it may be a small thing that made you smile, but the little things can really make a difference in the course of a day. For instance - for the last two days it has been in the mid 60's here for the first time since September. The ground has been dry enough to actually go outside, so I've spent the last two afternoons outside in the sun with my after schoolers. They are really responding positively to the warm weather and the opportunity to play outside, so... so far this has been a fantastic week! :)

TGT09 03-10-2010 05:36 AM

I have a similar "good" moment. On Monday, I only had 2 kids (siblings) and it was 60 here so I took them to the park for lunch and then to play! It was gorgeous and I can't wait to do it again!

momofboys 03-10-2010 05:37 AM

Here too! We had nice weather & went outside to run around & blow bubbles! It lifted my spirits & the kids' too!!!:)

DBug 03-10-2010 07:12 AM

I emailed one of my moms a picture of her little one painting. It must have made her day, because she emailed back just gushing about what a wonderful provider I am -- totally made my day in return :D

kitkat 03-10-2010 08:23 AM

Dcg has dried her hands 2 days in a row (I posted about her before)! We went for a walk this morning and same dcg didn't whine!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-10-2010 08:29 AM

this is a great idea,.. a daily brag!

mine today is,....daycare girl told mom last night that her tooth hurt,... today at lunch she told me,.. same side, same tooth,.. I texted mom,... she called back within 10 minutes, and not 15 min later grandma picked up girl and is at the dentist! how awesome is that?

tenderhearts 03-10-2010 08:57 AM

For me it has been just a great week with the kids, all of them have been in a great mood and have been getting along pretty well, thanks kids!!!:) I love weeks like this.

momma2girls 03-10-2010 09:10 AM

The weather here in Iowa is getting to be Spring like, snow melting, etc. and I have a nice, small, great parents, great kids group now!!!

Daycare Mommy 03-10-2010 09:55 AM

Lots to be thankful for here, but the hands down best today is this WONDERFUL weather. For the second day in a row that we have spent all but lunch and nap outside playing playing playing. :D

Former Teacher 03-10-2010 02:57 PM

Yippy! Someone finally made a thread about the GOOD things in this crazy world!

Well my good thing happened yesterday. My husband and I have been looking to adopt a baby. We finally got a lead the other day. Nothing is set in stone and we are not getting our hopes up etc but it still is a good feeling.

Anyway I mentioned this to my boss the other day. She told me she had to talk to the husband because she didn't know about my bringing the baby to work with me. She had always envisioned only her children with the nanny (me). I told her to get back to me ASAP so I can make arrangements. I didn't know what since my DH works nights and I work days.

Yesterday she came to me and said they had talked about it and it boils down to the fact that they don't want to lose me so when the time comes we are all going to sit and talk. It made my day!

P.S. I don't think they fully realize (even though I already told them) that I have taken care of up to 5 babies all at once. My guess is that they dont want their kids to go unnoticed. As if! :lol:

Anyway that made my day!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-10-2010 05:30 PM

great news teacher!!!!!!!

momma2girls 03-10-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Former Teacher (Post 22339)
Yippy! Someone finally made a thread about the GOOD things in this crazy world!

Well my good thing happened yesterday. My husband and I have been looking to adopt a baby. We finally got a lead the other day. Nothing is set in stone and we are not getting our hopes up etc but it still is a good feeling.

Anyway I mentioned this to my boss the other day. She told me she had to talk to the husband because she didn't know about my bringing the baby to work with me. She had always envisioned only her children with the nanny (me). I told her to get back to me ASAP so I can make arrangements. I didn't know what since my DH works nights and I work days.

Yesterday she came to me and said they had talked about it and it boils down to the fact that they don't want to lose me so when the time comes we are all going to sit and talk. It made my day!

P.S. I don't think they fully realize (even though I already told them) that I have taken care of up to 5 babies all at once. My guess is that they dont want their kids to go unnoticed. As if! :lol:

Anyway that made my day!

AWESOME!!!! I wish so badly I could have more children!! My baby is growing up!!!

AfterSchoolMom 03-11-2010 05:17 AM

Congrats, Former Teacher! That is great news. :)

MrsCoffee 03-11-2010 07:13 AM

Mom says DCB just loves it here!
 
After 2 days off dcb arrived to day and literally ran to the door, didn't care to say bye to mom just started playing and dancing around. Mom said "I don't know if it's the kids or what but he just loves it here" I said "I hope it's a combo of me and the kids:) )

She said yes but that makes her feel maybe I am a better mom that her:(, I said defiantly not! No one replaces Mommas.;)

I am glad that dcb feels at home here, made my day!:lol:

mac60 03-11-2010 08:29 AM

Great news Former Teacher,,,,praying all goes well for you and hubby.

mamajennleigh 03-11-2010 08:56 AM

The Weather, The Laughter. . .
 
The past few days I have been dealing with one baby who will not stop crying all day. Today, I called his mom to come and get him and she was so sweet about it. I love moms who just want what's best for their kids, even if that means their day gets inconvenienced :D

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-11-2010 10:28 AM

surprised ltittle kiddies
 
normally I swap toys out on a weekend and they come in to new toys,.. we have had an exceptionally hard week. So,..... today when they went down I took the toy bucket to the basement, dumped it completely and filed it with toys from 8-9 years ago. (yes I have that many toys, lol) NOTHING they will see when they wake are toys they have ever played with before. I would almost go as far as to say,.. they have never SEEN most of them before. They are going to be so excited!

momofboys 03-11-2010 02:36 PM

Yesterday my parent was running quite late (20 min or so), she did feel bad for being so late. Today she came 50 min early! Yay!!!!! She had the day off to run errands/dr appts so she made the extra effort to be early. :D

TGT09 03-12-2010 05:46 AM

HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm having a weekend vacay and bought a new camera with tax money! It's a gooood day! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

mac60 03-12-2010 06:50 AM

it is friday and that is GOOD!:lol: I am full and that is GOOD! My son is coming home in about 10 days and that is GOOD! It has been in the 50's all week. YEA! My daffodils are up about 6 inches, not so good as they will end up getting frosted off. :(

newtoeverything 03-12-2010 07:45 AM

I was feeling really sick this morning and my 5 month old baby's mom called and said she was keeping him today!! Makes for an easier day for me...lol. And my 17 month old's daddy said he was picking him up early. YAY!

melissa ann 03-12-2010 07:59 AM

no daycare kids today!

misol 03-12-2010 01:59 PM

Gift!
 
One of my moms brought me a thank you card and a box of chocolates today! She said that dcb (2yrs) loves it at my house and she loves what I am doing with him. I was so surprised and it's nice to feel appreciated. :)

momma2girls 03-12-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misol (Post 22559)
One of my moms brought me a thank you card and a box of chocolates today! She said that dcb (2yrs) loves it at my house and she loves what I am doing with him. I was so surprised and it's nice to feel appreciated. :)

That is so great!!! I love it!!

tymaboy 03-12-2010 02:21 PM

Had an awesome day with DCB today. Went bowling then to the mall to play. He was so tired that when mom came to pick up he still wanted to sleep.

Crystal 03-12-2010 02:32 PM

I started a fundraiser on Tuesday, selling candy bars. We are raising funds for new playground equipment. ALL of my families took boxes of candy to sell, without me asking them to do so. THEN, most of them have already asked for another box because they already sold most of them. I went and bought a new swingset last night, and there will be additional $ for other equipment as well! MY families ROCK!

Carole's Daycare 03-15-2010 02:01 PM

I'm so proud of my newest 2 little DCG's. The sisters have been bounced around in foster care etc. Dad has them now w/ new young GF. Anyway she was getting frustrated, especially at 3 yr old not being potty trained. Usually I let the family take the lead on this one, but... I decide to come up w/ a plan w/ the little girls- a chart and special reward, to make it all week at my house and at home except bed w/ no potty accidents- and they did it! Family is happy too. They came back after the weekend having had a couple problems at hm :( but were great all day here. (pretty good for a monday- even better for spring break w/ extra school agers here etc.)

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-23-2010 08:49 AM

someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.

momma2girls 03-23-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com (Post 23428)
someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.

How very very sad!!! I will pray for you and her family.

momofsix 03-23-2010 10:55 AM

Laundry,praying right now. (hugs)

momofboys 03-23-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com (Post 23428)
someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.

Praying for your friend's daughter right now. I'm so sorry.

jen 03-23-2010 11:49 AM

Yes it does (suck)...I am praying your friend, her child, and of course, you too!

AfterSchoolMom 03-23-2010 01:12 PM

Oh, how awful. I'm so sorry. Sending prayers your way.

Former Teacher 03-23-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com (Post 23428)
someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.

Praying for your friend laundry!

I have some good news :) This week is my paid vacation and I am loving it! :lol:

misol 03-24-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Former Teacher (Post 23473)
Praying for your friend laundry!

I have some good news :) This week is my paid vacation and I am loving it! :lol:



Yayyyyy! Enjoy every moment of it. I am sure you deserve it. I wish I had the balls to require paid vacation. I think I might try it after I've been in the business for a while.

Sorry to hear about your friend laundyduchess. Your families are in our prayers.

Former Teacher 03-24-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misol (Post 23541)
Yayyyyy! Enjoy every moment of it. I am sure you deserve it. I wish I had the balls to require paid vacation.

I truly have been blessed to work for this family. I have only been there since July 09 and I have had 6 yes 6 weeks PAID vacation.

Aug 09-Mom's grandmother passed away. 1 week
Oct 09-Family vacation. 2 weeks
Dec 09- Family vacation 2 weeks
Feb 10 - Family vacation 1 week

Plus I will be getting another week in Aug again :lol:

The only thing that worked in my favor is that their previous nannies took really big advantage over them. They never did any work and really didn't pay attention to the little boy.

Bad thing about this job is its not a guarantee for me. Well it is for 3 years. Father is a doctor in the military so he will probably transfer. However when I was hired I was told that I would be there for at least the 3 years.

Needless to say, I have been very spoiled! But hey I think I deserve it after what I went through at my former center! :lol:

momma2girls 03-24-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Former Teacher (Post 23566)
I truly have been blessed to work for this family. I have only been there since July 09 and I have had 6 yes 6 weeks PAID vacation.

Aug 09-Mom's grandmother passed away. 1 week
Oct 09-Family vacation. 2 weeks
Dec 09- Family vacation 2 weeks
Feb 10 - Family vacation 1 week

Plus I will be getting another week in Aug again :lol:

The only thing that worked in my favor is that their previous nannies took really big advantage over them. They never did any work and really didn't pay attention to the little boy.

Bad thing about this job is its not a guarantee for me. Well it is for 3 years. Father is a doctor in the military so he will probably transfer. However when I was hired I was told that I would be there for at least the 3 years.

Needless to say, I have been very spoiled! But hey I think I deserve it after what I went through at my former center! :lol:

WOw!! Great for you and we do deserve it!!

newtoeverything 03-25-2010 07:09 AM

My husband watch the kids for me yesterday so I could take a shower...HOW NICE!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-25-2010 11:49 AM

My good news is that I am planning a trip sat morning up to kalamazoo to visit my friend and her daughter who is sick. Its been almost 20 years since Ive stayed in a hotel heaven help me. lol.

boysx5 03-26-2010 01:14 PM

I had an easy day today one less child one left after lunch and all in all the kids were all really good only another hour and half and the day is done and also it's Friday who could asked for anything more

newtoeverything 03-29-2010 07:47 AM

I am off Friday!!! I originally didn't take Good Friday off for my 'holidays'...but all of my parents have off AND keeping their children. YAY!!!

momma2girls 03-29-2010 07:58 AM

I added Good Friday as one of my Holidays two yrs. ago!! YEAH!!!! I can't wait to be off and have a 3 day weekend coming up!!!!!

GretasLittleFriends 03-29-2010 10:06 AM

The weather is finally warming up here, the wind dying down. The kids are on spring break and we'll actually get to play outside without getting muddy or too cold!!

momofboys 03-29-2010 10:24 AM

Having a good week so far! The best part was my parent actually was able to tell me the days I was closed next week this morning upon drop-off. I was shocked & was expecting her to be mad despite the fact that I had told her about my closing months before. Another GOOD thing was this mom never seems to know how much $$ she owes me.:mad: She NEVER underpays me but always has to ask. I only charge when I watch kids unless they call off. This week is a short week but I have one of her kids this week that I don't normally have so the amount is higher depsite it being a shorter week. I was shocked/impressed when she rattled off the amount to me this morning. Maybe she is not as ditzy as I thought, lol! anyway, I was happy that she actually took the time to figure it out!

AfterSchoolMom 03-29-2010 10:25 AM

It's raining today, but by Wednesday it's supposed to be in the low 80's and SUNNY here!

Also, I have all of next week off!! :)

tymaboy 03-29-2010 11:34 AM

Had a great Monday morning. Went for a walk then played in the yard a bit before lunch. By the end of this week it should be in the 70s but a chance of rain on the weekend. The kids loved being outside this morning, the last time we made it outside to play they took a 4 hour nap. I need to get more play equipment for outside.

momma2girls 03-29-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymaboy (Post 24052)
Had a great Monday morning. Went for a walk then played in the yard a bit before lunch. By the end of this week it should be in the 70s but a chance of rain on the weekend. The kids loved being outside this morning, the last time we made it outside to play they took a 4 hour nap. I need to get more play equipment for outside.

Isn't our weather here in Iowa awesome!!!

tymaboy 03-29-2010 02:10 PM

You know what I just thought of today? Since I lost my last 2 families I have not posted in the venting thread. Except for Baby T teething. It is so nice to have good parents!

Francine 03-29-2010 06:28 PM

I did something that I have never done before, I played hooky from my job today to get stuff ready for my daycare:o and do you know what, it felt GREAT! :lol: I suppose I should feel guilty but I'm so over my job I really don't.

newtoeverything 03-30-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Joy (Post 24105)
I did something that I have never done before, I played hooky from my job today to get stuff ready for my daycare:o and do you know what, it felt GREAT! :lol: I suppose I should feel guilty but I'm so over my job I really don't.

Play hooky while you can! Having a daycare you sure can't call in as much as you want to:(

Francine 03-30-2010 03:40 PM

I have never played hooky in my lift until yesterday. I went back in today and my first thought was "crap, I should have stayed home today too!"

My big news of the day is that I talked to Licensing today and she opened me "yesterday" I should get my letter tomorrow! I'm so excited, now I can advertise and get started. I was going to place my ad for opening June 1st but the more I think about it I think I'm going to run it with opening in May
1st for a week and see if I get any calls....why put it off a month? I;m so excited!!!!

misol 03-30-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Joy (Post 24183)
I have never played hooky in my lift until yesterday. I went back in today and my first thought was "crap, I should have stayed home today too!"

My big news of the day is that I talked to Licensing today and she opened me "yesterday" I should get my letter tomorrow! I'm so excited, now I can advertise and get started. I was going to place my ad for opening June 1st but the more I think about it I think I'm going to run it with opening in May
1st for a week and see if I get any calls....why put it off a month? I;m so excited!!!!

Congratulations Miss Joy! What's keeping you from placing an ad that says NOW OPEN? Then, once you start interviewing you can negotiate the actual start dates for your clients. I held all my interviews in the evening and when I got a client that wanted to start (she mentioned she was flexible) I gave her a start date that was 2 weeks out so that I could give notice to my job. So my last day at my 9-5 was on a Friday and I started care for my first client the following Monday. Good luck!

Francine 03-31-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misol (Post 24199)
Congratulations Miss Joy! What's keeping you from placing an ad that says NOW OPEN? Then, once you start interviewing you can negotiate the actual start dates for your clients. I held all my interviews in the evening and when I got a client that wanted to start (she mentioned she was flexible) I gave her a start date that was 2 weeks out so that I could give notice to my job. So my last day at my 9-5 was on a Friday and I started care for my first client the following Monday. Good luck!

The big reason is that if I say May 1st or June 1st it gives me time to get kids lined up, I can't quite my job if I only have one kid lined up. Three I could work with but not one. If I could I would quite my job right now so that I could spend my days getting my house ready but unfortunately I can't. Thanks for the "good luck"

tymaboy 03-31-2010 05:36 AM

Congrats Miss Joy!

I was lucky when I opened. I had a temp job that was flexible - I could say yes or no to days that I wanted to/could work. So when I started I had part time kids that only came a couple days a week so I left them know XX days I can not work & when I get more kids I will not be able to work any longer.

mac60 03-31-2010 09:54 AM

The sun is shining, it is warm. We had our first picnic outside on the patio for lunch. The kids played outside for about 1 1/2 hours. YEA! One of my moms baked a confetti Easter cake and brought it in, so cake for treat today. The little old lady from down the street keeps buzzing by in her little electric cart..........yes, Spring is here.

tymaboy 03-31-2010 10:52 AM

I did not think this day would end up being as good as it has. Baby T started the day off very cranky- would not eat or drink her bottle, just cry. But once she got it out of her system we ate lunch & headed out side. DCB got sand everywhere, how he got sand in his diaper while wearing a onesy is beyond me :lol: Today was the 1st day we went out with no coats! I felt like this day would never come!

grandmom 03-31-2010 01:51 PM

I'm Full
 
I've been waiting since December for 2 foster children to get settled so they could start in my daycare. Friday. That means I'm at capacity for the first time in 18+ months. Thank you Jesus.

tymaboy 05-07-2010 07:53 AM

I have a drop in baby today & she is a complete doll! There is a chance that I will get her on a regular bases which I would not mind at all. She only fusses when she is hungry or tired. Wish they all were like that :lol:


Can we make this a sticky too? I think more people would post to it if it was easily assessable. I had to go searching for it again.

momma2girls 05-07-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymaboy (Post 28180)
I have a drop in baby today & she is a complete doll! There is a chance that I will get her on a regular bases which I would not mind at all. She only fusses when she is hungry or tired. Wish they all were like that :lol:


Can we make this a sticky too? I think more people would post to it if it was easily assessable. I had to go searching for it again.

IT's National Provider Appreciation Day today!!! ALso it's Friday!!!! YEAH!!!!

Michael 05-07-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymaboy (Post 28180)
I have a drop in baby today & she is a complete doll! There is a chance that I will get her on a regular bases which I would not mind at all. She only fusses when she is hungry or tired. Wish they all were like that :lol:


Can we make this a sticky too? I think more people would post to it if it was easily assessable. I had to go searching for it again.

Yes, I'll sticky it :)

tymaboy 05-07-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 28200)
Yes, I'll sticky it :)

Thank You!

tymaboy 05-07-2010 04:46 PM

Just got back from picking up an outdoor climber & a house for the kids to play with next week. I got both for $70!

momofsix 05-07-2010 08:00 PM

I got flowers from one of my moms for mother's day! It's nice to be thought of :D

QualiTcare 05-07-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofsix (Post 28224)
I got flowers from one of my moms for mother's day! It's nice to be thought of :D

that is nice! i was always amazed when i worked in a large center how few parents did anything for teacher appreciation week, christmas, etc. i mean, who is more important than the people that practically raise your kids? yes, i think daycare providers practically raised my kids when they were in daycare cus they were there more than they were at home. that daycare even put up a note saying to stop by the office to pick up a card (a FREE card) to write a note to their child's teacher - and there were still only about a dozen people that did it out of a daycare with 100 kids.

on another note, i sent my daughter to school today with two vases/roses. one for her teacher and one for the assistant. i went to the school to watch the class for 2 hours so the teacher could go eat lunch which was part of teacher appreciation week. she did thank me for coming to keep the class, but never said ONE word about the roses! actually, i expected two words - thank you. it made me wonder - is that why so few parents do anything for teachers? i got the same appreciation as a parent who didn't do anything.

okay, maybe this should be on the venting thread!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 05-11-2010 11:36 AM

great news today!!!
 
my great news of the day is,..... while I have a new opening from my soon to decide when she is leaving girl,... I dont have to get up early? She is the one who gets me up at 4am!

mismatchedsocks 05-11-2010 11:58 AM

My good news is, the 11 month old that started yesterday is having a no cry great day!

Daycare Mommy 05-11-2010 12:41 PM

My positive post is that I have a girl that started here Monday and she has not cried or been upset at all so far (knock on wood!) No behavior problems, gets along beautifully with my group, and the mom seems nice too too. Feeling so blessed over here! :D

MarinaVanessa 05-11-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtoeverything (Post 24133)
Play hooky while you can! Having a daycare you sure can't call in as much as you want to:(

I agree :)

AfterSchoolMom 05-12-2010 01:32 PM

I usually have a big group in the afternoons until 5:30, but everyone went home an hour early today!!!:)

momofboys 05-13-2010 06:02 AM

I had a little party for one of my DC girls earlier this week. It was her 5th birthday. We made a cake together which was a lot of fun for her. I don't think mom does much baking. Anyway, we did it up big & lit the candles & sang happy birthday when my b & A school kids arrived. She seemed really happy. What made it even better was when she told me she didn't have a cake for her birthday at home (they went to Chuck E Cheese's) so I was glad that she at least got a cake her. In a way it made me sort of sad for her. When I was growing up the cake was a big deal. I was happy to make her day special.

TGT09 05-13-2010 06:13 AM

It's going to be 83 here today! YAY! And, I keep getting compliments from one set of parents about how much they are comfortable here! :-)

Golden Rule 05-13-2010 08:17 AM

I am almost afraid to post it, but..... Not one potty accident or temper tantrum all week, so far!!!!!:D

tymaboy 05-14-2010 11:23 AM

It FRIDAY!!!:lol::):o:p;) I had a half day & am done till Monday! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

TGT09 05-14-2010 11:44 AM

I keep chanting to myself, it's Friday, it's Friday, it's Friday! :-)

professionalmom 05-17-2010 08:40 AM

Thoughtfulness
 
This has happened a couple of times with the same DC family. Mom is getting ready to walk out the door of her work (one of my favorite steak houses) and calls to see if she could bring us any food (free - she's a manager so it doesn't cost her anything) so we get fillet mignon (sp?). Lately she has been calling to see if I'm craving anything that she could pick up for me on her way to pick up the kids. I'm pregnant with twins. So VERY THOUGHTFUL!!

tymaboy 05-17-2010 09:41 AM

DS came home from school on Friday & told me that his teacher from his 1 class said that they will refinished my Grandmothers old dresser for me. All we had to do is buy the material for it. I have wanted to get it done for more then 20yrs! Its finaly going to happen.

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 05-20-2010 11:00 AM

alright everyone!!!!
I have had a blah day watching the news,.. hearing the radio,.. just doom and gloom all over,...

lets post some good things!!!

Lets see,...

tomorrow is my last day with the girl I terminated. Mom is pulling early and Im getting an extra weeks pay for nothing!

The new family I have to replace girl was here yesterday and LOVE THEM!!!!!

My cousin had twins two weeks ago and finally everyone is well and HOME

I got the yard mowed today before the rain hit (thanks to my wonderful dh staying in with the kids at naptime, =-) )

My son brought home his cap and gown yesterday,..... wow,... that hit home,... pride, scared and emotional afternoon for sure it was.

only 5 days left in this school year and then I get my (own personal) little bugs all to myself all summer. We are planning camping, swimming, gardening and naps on the weekends. lol

oh and my dh is feeling much much better after his surgery. He is slated to go back to work on June 2!!

ok, who is next?

jen 05-20-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymaboy (Post 24080)
You know what I just thought of today? Since I lost my last 2 families I have not posted in the venting thread. Except for Baby T teething. It is so nice to have good parents!

I'm right there with you. I recently terminated my problem family and it has been heaven!!!

GretasLittleFriends 05-20-2010 11:37 AM

Its sunny and warm and the kids get to play in the wading pool for the first time this year! :D

tymaboy 05-20-2010 12:19 PM

Found out yesterday that I will have tomorow off & the Friday of Memorial Day weekend off! I also just got an email inquiring about childcare. Referred by one of my DC parents. They only need half days but I am OK with that.

jen 05-20-2010 12:39 PM

BEST (daycare) Day ever!

1. It's beautiful outside!

2. We went bird watching (lol, went for a walk with a camera!) Then made bird feeders and everybody was AWESOME!

3. EVERYONE napped like little angels

4. My newbie girl couldn't be better! (we're on week 2 and I ADORE her!)

5. One kid at a field trip, my short timer-hellion children aren't here, and one little dcb left early so it is a small group

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this day!

professionalmom 05-21-2010 04:50 PM

My weekenders were scheduled for 4p - 10:30p tonight. When they got here, mom had a gallon of milk for me. She stopped at a convenient store and got cereal, but for only .02 more she could get the gallon of milk (special deal going on), so she did and brought it to me! How awesome is that?!
Then the boys (ages 5 & 7) tell me that they hate tuna and that it's disgusting. But I had tuna patties planned. I made them and had each boy taste them with the promise that if they guessed correctly, I would give them a dollar. They both thought is was chicken and loved it. Then I told them it was tuna. The 5 yr old said, "Oh, tuna is delicious!" The 7 yr old got the deer in the headlight look, like he was mad that I tricked him into liking something he didn't WANT to like. Later he said, "Those tuna patties smell great. And they taste alright." WOOHOO! I conquered my picky eaters!!

misol 05-21-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professionalmom (Post 29683)
My weekenders were scheduled for 4p - 10:30p tonight. When they got here, mom had a gallon of milk for me. She stopped at a convenient store and got cereal, but for only .02 more she could get the gallon of milk (special deal going on), so she did and brought it to me! How awesome is that?!
Then the boys (ages 5 & 7) tell me that they hate tuna and that it's disgusting. But I had tuna patties planned. I made them and had each boy taste them with the promise that if they guessed correctly, I would give them a dollar. They both thought is was chicken and loved it. Then I told them it was tuna. The 5 yr old said, "Oh, tuna is delicious!" The 7 yr old got the deer in the headlight look, like he was mad that I tricked him into liking something he didn't WANT to like. Later he said, "Those tuna patties smell great. And they taste alright." WOOHOO! I conquered my picky eaters!!

Fabulous - milk is something providers can ALWAYS use. How do you make tuna patties? I make salmon patties so I am wondering if it's the same but just substitute with tuna?

professionalmom 05-21-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misol (Post 29695)
Fabulous - milk is something providers can ALWAYS use. How do you make tuna patties? I make salmon patties so I am wondering if it's the same but just substitute with tuna?

25 ozs of tuna in water (drained)
2 c mashed potato flakes (this is the only thing I buy the flakes for)
1 sm chopped onion (I used minced onions - sorry I don't measure)
1 1/2 c milk
3 large eggs
1/2 c butter / margarine
1/2 c bread crumbs
1 teas salt

mold into a ball, flatten, very lightly butter eat side, and fry until golden.

Is it the same? I've never made salmon patties.

It's a very easy, toddler-friendly, finger food.

professionalmom 05-21-2010 08:49 PM

That gives me an idea. Should we have a recipe thread?

QualiTcare 05-21-2010 10:30 PM

i bought a sprinkler at the dollar general the other day for $6 and it's the most awesome one i've ever seen. it's a plastic octopus head, and the 8 arms are styrofoamish. you hook the hose to the plastic part and water squirts out all of the arms and they flap all over the place.

the kids LOVE it. best thing i bought...that hour! haha.

TGT09 05-22-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professionalmom (Post 29715)
That gives me an idea. Should we have a recipe thread?

I think that would be awesome!

Daycare Mommy 05-24-2010 05:24 AM

Aside from one before-schooler, the stars have otherwise aligned themselves and I'm OFF today!!! :D What am I gonna do next? I'm going to the library!!! Whooo! :lol:

tymaboy 05-24-2010 05:30 AM

Where did the weekend go? Got so much done even thow it was very muggy. I have a half day today (after a 3 day weekend) with a 4 day weekend coming up! So looking forward to it.

TGT09 05-24-2010 08:23 AM

It's an absolutely gorgeous day! Kids are only minimally fighting/bickering! We have enjoyed almost the whole morning outside! I'm thinking about doing lunch outside as well!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 05-24-2010 10:46 AM

Huge difference!~!
 
I can simply not believe the difference in the attitude of my group today without the termed girl. We are getting along, sharing, not tattling. Ive not had one meltdown to deal with all day! and this is a MONDAY!! I think some times clients are like hangnails,... you are so scared to yank them off but once you do the constant reminder of them is gone and after a day or so you heal up and move on. (of course if she stops by to tell me goodmorning again I think Ill scream, lol)

TGT09 05-25-2010 08:33 AM

YAY! I get 3 hours off this afternoon to do whatever I please before my SA gets off the bus! Ahhhhh, I love it!

tymaboy 05-25-2010 08:45 AM

Little things that my DC parents do make me happy. This morning DCM called asking if it was OK to bring DCG. She's not running a temp but is cranky & drooling everywhere due to teething. We know it is teething since we can feel the tooth. I told her its fine as long as she isnt running a temp. At drop off I asked if she understood about the temp thing about how we dont know for sure if the temp would be part of the teething or if its something else. She did, I wish all parents would understand that.

tmcp2001 05-25-2010 10:39 AM

Today has been SO much better than yesterday! My two little cranky ones are not here on Tuesdays, so that helps. Plus, it was nice enough (and less humid today) that we were able to go outside for almost an hour this morning. There's just something about bubbles that makes the whole day better. :)

Oh, and nap time has gone beautifully today! Everyone went right to sleep and is still asleep! Ahh...

momma2girls 05-25-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misol (Post 29695)
Fabulous - milk is something providers can ALWAYS use. How do you make tuna patties? I make salmon patties so I am wondering if it's the same but just substitute with tuna?

I make tuna patties- i use one can tuna, cracker crumbs, milk, little onion, salt, pepper, and a little flour.

misol 05-25-2010 12:50 PM

Salmon Cakes
 
professionalmom, my salmon cake recipe is closer to Iowa Daycare's recipe for tuna patties.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowa daycare (Post 29964)
I make tuna patties- i use one can tuna, cracker crumbs, milk, little onion, salt, pepper, and a little flour.

I use:
1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained
1 onion
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons parsley
pepper
salt2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons olive oil

Combine all ingredients except butter and oil. Shape into four patties. Dust lightly with flour. Chill for 20 minutes. Heat the butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the patties until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.


I think I'll just try to sub the salmon for tuna and see what happens.

Michael 05-25-2010 02:58 PM

Since you are posting about recipes I will push our banana recipes: http://banana.com/perfectbanana.html

There are some simple banana treat recipes there and I will be putting up a dozen more today if anyone is interested. :p

MarinaVanessa 05-27-2010 11:18 AM

Even though it's raining it's a good day because it gives me an excuse to turn up the heat a little bit so we all feel cozy and warm. I ran out of hot chocolate so the kiddos were a little bummed so we made Arroz Con Leche, Yum!!

Since everyone seems to be in the Recipe swapping mood I'll post mine too :D

Arroz Con Leche

Cinnamon Sticks
Uncooked White Rice
Vanilla Extract
Milk
1 Can condensed milk

Fill a large pot almost 3/4 of the way with water. Add 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil. Add three cups of rice and let it cook until the ends of the rice open up. Add a capfull of vanilla extract and add milk to your preference (I don't like mine soupy where others add milk until the pot is almost full). Add the can of condensed milk and bring the heat down to a low. Stir until you bring everything almost to a boil (or it will stick) and then you're done!

Let it cool down a bit before you serve. What I love about Arroz Con Leche is that you can serve it warm on cold days like today or you can put it in the fridge and serve it cold on hot days and it still tastes absolutely delicious!!

tymaboy 05-27-2010 01:23 PM

4 Day weekend, the kids have been good today & I only have maybe 2 hours left!!

TGT09 05-27-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymaboy (Post 30316)
4 Day weekend, the kids have been good today & I only have maybe 2 hours left!!

Awesome! I'm reveling in the thought of a 3 day weekend. I have to go "babysit" my grandmother though tomorrow night but I'll enjoy it. :-) She had a knee replacement 10 days ago so I'm going to spend the night with her.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 AM.