Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Toys & Activities for 2 Year Old (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71180)

BigLittleHomeDaycare 05-23-2014 09:59 AM

Toys & Activities for 2 Year Old

I am opening my daycare in two weeks and my first client/customer (not sure what word to use) is a 2 year oldoboy.

What are your go-to toys for the 2-3 year olds?

Most of my experience is concentrated to infants and toddlers 4/5 - I am not sure if the toys I have for the older toddlers would work for this little guy.

I have blocks, trains, musical instruments, and cars. Anything else I should try to find during this season of garage sales?

jenboo 05-23-2014 10:08 AM

Mine love cars, blocks, books, play kitchen with food, balls trikes, water table, mud, slides, chunky puzzles, and puppets. oh and baby dolls with real bottles.

gracepatiencelove 05-23-2014 10:16 AM

My almost-2s like dolls, little people (the circus set is a huge hit atm), cars, and tents/tunnels. Musical instruments, too, but they are expensive so those are only out at music time where I can watch who is trying to stand on teh drums lol.

I refer to the parents as my clients and the kids as my little buddies/pals/etc.

playground1 05-23-2014 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jenboo:
Mine love cars, blocks, books, play kitchen with food, balls trikes, water table, mud, slides, chunky puzzles, and puppets. oh and baby dolls with real bottles.

I second all these things but don't forget art stuff. Colored pencils, finger paint, play dough etc. Also, stuff which they can role play with. So, kitchen, tools, dress up clothes.

misslori50 05-23-2014 11:02 AM

boxes, tubes, masking tape. we have tubes tapped to cabinets so they can shoot stuff down them.

midaycare 05-23-2014 11:47 AM

A kitchen or shopping center, pretend play areas (castle, etc), dress up for boys as well as girls.

Chellieleanne 05-23-2014 11:56 AM

Outdoor is ride on toys(tricycle, little tykes car...) and balls

Inside is cars, motorcycles, hats, crayons and paper.

I think my boys are easily entertained:lol:

Edit: I do have other toys, those are just what get the most attention.

missy 05-23-2014 06:03 PM

2 year olds love WATER! baby pool/sink/water table.

nothingwithoutjoy 05-24-2014 06:30 PM

Telephones and cameras are my 2s favorites (real/not working; not toys). Dolls. Dress-up hats. Any and all art or sensory things.

BigLittleHomeDaycare 05-25-2014 08:59 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not have action figures or little people toys. I have more action figures/ barbies. Great ideas. I have tons of art supplies and I loved the cardboard box/ tape idea.

NoMoreJuice! 05-25-2014 12:26 PM

I bought so many cool outdoor things for my toddler group! Water tables, mud pie making table, Fort Slideaway (tent and slide combo), Step2 play houses, ride on toys, etc...

They play with rocks and sticks.