Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pros and Cons of 52 week pay (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48017)

Sprouts 07-18-2012 04:51 AM

Pros and Cons of 52 week pay

OK so I have been up since 4 am trying to update my contract, reading tom copelands book on contracts, rewording everything, and my contract is looking too technical! I am pulling my hair out!

So i am contemplating a 52 week schedule for my full time parents: Charging them for 50 weeks and spreading it over 52 weeks...the only issue i see is what if parents dont stay for the whole year? Then is it really worth it?

I plan on taking a week off between christmas and new years...and another vacation week in July....

but since Christmas and New years are "paid holidays" for me then its technically not a paid holiday..????

And then what about the teachers kids, i know some of you make them pay the same no matter what, but as public school teacher myself I wouldn't pay the 50 weeks divided by the 40 something weeks they do...so i would probably just charge them by week and 1/2 off for their holidays and a to week holding fee over the summer (if i want)

Sprouts 07-18-2012 05:01 AM

Here is what I have so far...and one more question, if you decide to terminate care should the provider give back the "deposit"

Basic Rates and Payment Policy
The payment shall be $_____ per ________ and due every _____________ by ___________.
The hours and days agreed upon for care are as follows:
DAY FROM (AM/PM) TO (AM/PM)
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

First day of Child Care will be: _____________________

Overtime Rates:
For the purpose of this agreement, overtime will be considered as drop off BEFORE of AFTER the hours and days agreed upon for child care. ________/ ________ (Parents initial here)
If parent/legal guardian makes prior arrangements with the provider, the child may stay over time at the following rate:$________ per _____________or portion thereof. (**The provider is not obligated to this and is based on availability.)
Early/Late fees: If child arrives earlier or later than the agreed upon times, the following rate will be charged: $5 for first 10 minutes, and $1 per minute thereafter.
Notification must be made, in writing, if any changes are needed to these hours. Two weeks notice is required for permanent changes in schedule. Parents agree to pay childcare according to schedule.

Rates Regarding Holidays, Vacations and other Absences:
The following are paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., Good Friday, Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If a holiday falls on the weekend, it will be observed the preceding day or the following day
http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_...edhol/2011.asp MARK THESE ON YOUR CALENDAR.
Christmas week between Christmas eve and New Years we will be closed. You will be responsible for 1/2 weeks payment for this week.
Charges related to provider’s illness or other emergency that prohibit care will be refunded. The amount will be based upon the rate for the day/hours your child is scheduled to be in care: $ ______per _____ or $______per _____
Families will be given one week un-paid vacation per year (can only be used 90 days after start date). 5 days for full time families and ____ days for part time families.
Provider will have 5 paid vacation days per year
Payments may be made in either cash, check or direct deposit. Credit Card payments have an additional fee. Please be advised there is a charge for all returned checks and is based on the banks fees incurred by the provider.

A Non-refundable Holding Fee (deposit) of $__________ was given and a registration fee of $ __________ was given on ______________

*The Non-refundable holding is applied to the last two weeks of care.
Parent/Guardian’s Signature: Date:

Parent/Guardian’s Signature: ________ (optional)Date:

Childcare Provider’s Signature: Date:

Truly Scrumptious 07-18-2012 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sprouts:
OK so I have been up since 4 am trying to update my contract, reading tom copelands book on contracts, rewording everything, and my contract is looking too technical! I am pulling my hair out!

So i am contemplating a 52 week schedule for my full time parents: Charging them for 50 weeks and spreading it over 52 weeks...the only issue i see is what if parents dont stay for the whole year? Then is it really worth it?

I plan on taking a week off between christmas and new years...and another vacation week in July....

but since Christmas and New years are "paid holidays" for me then its technically not a paid holiday..????

And then what about the teachers kids, i know some of you make them pay the same no matter what, but as public school teacher myself I wouldn't pay the 50 weeks divided by the 40 something weeks they do...so i would probably just charge them by week and 1/2 off for their holidays and a to week holding fee over the summer (if i want)

Add back the cost of the "paid" holiday. Just break it down according to the pay schedule.

For example: Let's say I get paid $100 a week every week, except for the week I'm on vacation at Christmas. Parents would still have to pay me $20 for Christmas Day.