Forum Forum (
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (
-   -   Daycare Yard Sign (

JeepGirl6 05-24-2012 02:54 PM

Daycare Yard Sign
I am not licensed but plan to get licensed in the future. I have an EIN Number. If I am not licensed am I allowed to create a daycare name and put a professional child care sign in my front yard that I have made up? I am thinking about doing this to try to get more children. Thanks

Michael 05-24-2012 03:02 PM

What state are you in. Each state has advertising quidelines that must be met.

JeepGirl6 05-24-2012 03:06 PM

I Live in Ohio

Michael 05-24-2012 03:10 PM

In your state standards it appears that they had mentioned that you could but struck it from the guidelines in section 5101:2-16-07:

(B) Develop and maintain an ongoing child care provider recruitment and retention program. Recruit individuals and groups interested in certification as in-home aides or in developing and operating suitable licensed child care centers, licensed type A family child care homes, or certified type B family child care homes, especially in areas with high concentrations of Ohio works first (OWF) participants. The CDJFS shall provide consultation to interested individuals and groups. The CDJFS shall develop and implement procedures for the recruitment of an adequate number of licensed child care centers, licensed type A homes, certified type B homes and certified in-home aides to meet the need for publicly funded child care services in the county.

The procedures may include newspaper, television and radio advertising, use of posters and flyers, and other contacts with community groups. The CDJFS may use applicants referred by a caretaker including relatives of the children served.

Not sure why they struck this. I will see if there is a more up to date reference.

JeepGirl6 05-24-2012 03:14 PM

Ok. Thank you very much I appreciate it!

Michael 05-24-2012 05:25 PM

I haven't found anything in your state guidelines that seem to prevent you from advertising on your front lawn but you may need to be licensed in order to do so. Your city ordinances may also have some stipulations. I suggest you contact your city clerk and ask.

seebachers 05-24-2012 06:07 PM

I don't know where you are located, but here if you put up a sign for child care and the county sees can then be re-zoned for commercial and thus pay higher taxes. That was according to our licensor :(

annafaye1985 06-02-2012 05:41 AM

Car magnet signs
I have a poster sign & two car magnet signs that go right on you car that have your business name and number! I payed 40.00 for two of them...

EchoMom 06-02-2012 11:29 AM

I am in Ohio and was also wondering about this so I did a lot of calling around and the person I finally spoke with said it was fine to have a business sign as long as it wasn't more than 10sq. feet. I had signs made up but really have barely used them. I put them out for a week (no phone number on them, only website) but got no hits, but again I didnt' put them out very long at all and didn't need to since I'm already full. But I have them if I ever need to, I think the closer the customer lives the better!

Childminder 06-04-2012 01:07 PM

Contact your local township/city/county land ordinance dept. I went on line and researched my township's regulations they are pretty specific.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 AM.