Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dear DCM (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67095)

thetoddlerwhisper 12-04-2013 10:36 AM

Dear DCM

if you think the extra outfit i put your child in yesterday was tacky, ugly, or stained then please make sure you bring her in a change of clothes when i ask you too. then she wont be in tacky, ugly, or stained extras that i buy just for parents like you.

sincerely
your overworked and stressed out child care provider

ps it isnt my job to provide your childs clothes, wipes or diapers, and yes she really does use 4-5 diapers a day esp when you leave her from 7am-6pm
and no she isnt pottying mostly because i refuse to do all the work while you dont work with her at home.:rolleyes:

melilley 12-04-2013 10:40 AM

One of my dck's went home in shorts a couple of weeks ago....in 30 degree weather. Dcm came and said "oh, you're wearing shorts". Well when you only bring one extra pair of pants and I use them, don't you think you should bring a replacement..lol

Tdhmom 12-04-2013 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by athacker:
if you think the extra outfit i put your child in yesterday was tacky, ugly, or stained then please make sure you bring her in a change of clothes when i ask you too. then she wont be in tacky, ugly, or stained extras that i buy just for parents like you.

sincerely
your overworked and stressed out child care provider

ps it isnt my job to provide your childs clothes, wipes or diapers, and yes she really does use 4-5 diapers a day esp when you leave her from 7am-6pm
and no she isnt pottying mostly because i refuse to do all the work while you dont work with her at home.:rolleyes:

Omg did she say that to you about the clothes? I put a pair of brown sweats on a 4 yr old dcg (they were some of my sons play clothes) and dcm never brought them back! They were not cute at all but at least bring them back. lol

thetoddlerwhisper 12-04-2013 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by melilley:
One of my dck's went home in shorts a couple of weeks ago....in 30 degree weather. Dcm came and said "oh, you're wearing shorts". Well when you only bring one extra pair of pants and I use them, don't you think you should bring a replacement..lol

i dont understand how hard it is to remember a change of clothes in her diaper bag or even a pack of diapers. i even number the diapers going down so if they dont read the paper they at least see that we have less than 10 diapers

thetoddlerwhisper 12-04-2013 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
Omg did she say that to you about the clothes? I put a pair of brown sweats on a 4 yr old dcg (they were some of my sons play clothes) and dcm never brought them back! They were not cute at all but at least bring them back. lol

yes she did. ive seen her send in stuff way to small and disgusting but me sending her home in something ugly raised the devil apparently

melilley 12-04-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tdhmom:

I know! I had to let one of my dcb's borrow a pair of my sons shorts a few months ago and I never go them back and they were brand new, I had to take the tag off! I keep forgetting to ask about them, but now they are probably packed away or have been donated!

coolconfidentme 12-04-2013 10:47 AM

When a parent continually forgets the diapers, I send them a text, "Just a reminder, diapers are $1 a piece today!"

When they continually forget the change of clothes & the child soils theirs (just before the parent shows up) I will put a purple pants on the baby boy or something like that. The DCP is quick to return them & never forgets a change of clothes. I had one mom ask me why I always put pink socks on her son. I replied, "Why do you always forget to pack a pair of his?"

thetoddlerwhisper 12-04-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
When a parent continually forgets the diapers, I send them a text, "Just a reminder, diapers are $1 a piece today!"

When they continually forget the change of clothes & the child soils theirs (just before the parent shows up) I will put a purple pants on the baby boy or something like that. The DCP is quick to return them & never forgets a change of clothes. I had one mom ask me why I always put pink socks on her son. I replied, "Why do you always forget to pack a pair of his?"

this mom would hate a text from me. its bad enough when i text to say dcg isnt feeling well or has another lice breakout......might have to do it

coolconfidentme 12-04-2013 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by athacker:
this mom would hate a text from me. its bad enough when i text to say dcg isnt feeling well or has another lice breakout......might have to do it

Some parents take us for granted..., to say the least!

thetoddlerwhisper 12-04-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Some parents take us for granted..., to say the least!

oh yeah several in this group. hate it for the kiddos.....

crazydaycarelady 12-04-2013 11:26 AM

I had a dcd do just that yesterday. He walked in and said "what is he wearing?" I'll tell you what he is not wearing - poopy clothes so you're welcome!

thetoddlerwhisper 12-04-2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I had a dcd do just that yesterday. He walked in and said "what is he wearing?" I'll tell you what he is not wearing - poopy clothes so you're welcome!

or milk clothes or how about muddy sweatpants because she tripped outside and then proceeded to make sure she was covered in mud......after which she got a wet washcloth bath and a clean tacky outfit

kelsey's kids 12-04-2013 11:43 AM

I had one mom complain yesterday because last Wednesday we went on a filed trip to the movies dc pooped pants as we were leaving after just being taken to the restroom. He was picked up 10 minutes after arriving back at day care. Anyways she complained because I sent the clothes home in a bag and didn't wash them. ON MY VACATION. I was so mad.

thetoddlerwhisper 12-04-2013 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
I had one mom complain yesterday because last Wednesday we went on a filed trip to the movies dc pooped pants as we were leaving after just being taken to the restroom. He was picked up 10 minutes after arriving back at day care. Anyways she complained because I sent the clothes home in a bag and didn't wash them. ON MY VACATION. I was so mad.

i had a parent complain because i rinsed a childs clothes out once. theyd have a fit if i washed them :rolleyes:

GKJNIGMN 12-04-2013 11:51 AM

I don't wash clothes for people at all anymore because I had one extreme mom who would send 3 extra pairs of clothes....all dirty so that I would wash them.

My son is in prek where all the kids have to be potty trained and it's only for 3 hours so they don't ask for spare clothes. He had an accident once and came home in purple fleece capris with a peace sign on them turned inside out. He was rocking them lol But yes we returned them the next day so that really is a good idea.

itlw8 12-04-2013 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by melilley:
I know! I had to let one of my dcb's borrow a pair of my sons shorts a few months ago and I never go them back and they were brand new, I had to take the tag off! I keep forgetting to ask about them, but now they are probably packed away or have been donated!

give them the bill/// remember those brand new shorts I had to send your child home in that you never returned. They cost_____ Due Friday. Sorry I do not need them back now. Even though my child never got to wear them I am sure they will be too little next summer.

kitykids3 12-04-2013 11:58 AM

I have extra clothes, but I put "L and L" (for my daycare name) across each piece of clothing in sharpie marker where it is visible to the outside world so that it is very unlikely not to get a piece of clothing back, IF i have to put the child in something of mine. I require parents to leave at least one or two complete sets here. Rare I have had to use my clothing, but I always get it back. haha :lol: And if I do have to use my clothing, i am not caring about gender specific (except won't put a skirt on a boy). The parents magically remember then to bring new spare replacements.

thetoddlerwhisper 12-04-2013 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by kitykids3:
I have extra clothes, but I put "L and L" (for my daycare name) across each piece of clothing in sharpie marker where it is visible to the outside world so that it is very unlikely not to get a piece of clothing back, IF i have to put the child in something of mine. I require parents to leave at least one or two complete sets here. Rare I have had to use my clothing, but I always get it back. haha :lol: And if I do have to use my clothing, i am not caring about gender specific (except won't put a skirt on a boy). The parents magically remember then to bring new spare replacements.

i put the word daycare up the sleeves and on the inside tag area

Blackcat31 12-04-2013 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by kitykids3:

I used to write "STOLEN FROM ABC CHILDCARE" really BIG down the leg or across the front of tops for any clothing loaned out to parents. :ouch:

Then I started charging. I borrow something to you...you have 3 days to return it or I will bill you the replacement cost of the item.

BOTH worked great. Now that I have a completely different type of parent and really don't have any of these issues as often.

kitykids3 12-04-2013 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:

No parents better expect me to be washing their kids clothes, especially poopy. Licensing does not allow us to and I don't have a dryer or the time to do that. On rare occassion I might if I am doing a load of my own in the summer, then I might throw something of theirs in with mine, if I know the parent is ok with it.

kitykids3 12-04-2013 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I used to write "STOLEN FROM ABC CHILDCARE" really BIG down the leg or across the front of tops for any clothing loaned out to parents. :ouch:

Then I started charging. I borrow something to you...you have 3 days to return it or I will bill you the replacement cost of the item.

BOTH worked great. Now that I have a completely different type of parent and really don't have any of these issues as often.

Yeah, I write mine really big too, either on the sleeve or down the pants leg, etc. That way it is definetly not something the parent wants their children parading around in.
I usually have awesome parents and in 7 years of being open, I've only had to send my clothes home maybe 5 times so I'm lucky with that too.

kelsey's kids 12-04-2013 01:28 PM

I do wash the children's clothes here but only if peeped. I am not going to rinse out their poop and put that through my washer eek. And to top it all off this is a parent who upon enrollment was not OK with me washing any of dcbs clothes. I just don't get some parents