Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If A Family Leaves Your Care And Gives You.. (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26158)

DanceMom 01-31-2011 07:47 AM

If A Family Leaves Your Care And Gives You..

a termination letter signed dated etc..do you make them sign anything on top of it? Have your own forms for them to sign? If so do you have examples?

Unregistered 01-31-2011 09:32 AM

Absolutely

You should always have your own forms to ensure that you have all the information you need.
Our form asks for contact info, child's name and birth date, list old schedule, list new schedule (or check box for withdrawal) and the date the new schedule starts (or last day of care).

Sunny Day 01-31-2011 10:21 AM

I also have my own form. It states:
This is to give notice that as of *date*, *child's name* will no longer be attending Sunny Days Child Care. Both parties are in agreement to the terms and reasons for termination. Reason: (if applicable) *I then state why the care is being terminated" and have both my self and the parent(s) sign and date. I keep this copy for my records and if the parent's want one, will copy it for them.
Hope that helps!

jojosmommy 01-31-2011 11:33 AM

I have a sheet that says care will be terminated on ___ date and the following amount is due _______. I have them pay up for the remainder of care right then so I don't get a bad check at the end (happened 1x and never will fall for that again.)

lvt77 01-31-2011 11:52 AM

In my classes that I took, i was told the less you say that better. You dont have to give reason, as the contract is an at will contract. If you have a PHB then it could be for any or all of the reasons listed in the PHB.

I have a few samples I can PM if you would like.

DanceMom 01-31-2011 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by lvt77:
In my classes that I took, i was told the less you say that better. You dont have to give reason, as the contract is an at will contract. If you have a PHB then it could be for any or all of the reasons listed in the PHB.

I would definately appreciate that ! Thanks !

littlemonkeys 01-31-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by lvt77:

Friday was the first time a parent has ever termed with me and I'm interested in seeing the samples to if you wouldn't mind pm'ing me as well.

Thanks!

DCMomOf3 01-31-2011 12:50 PM

Was all the necessary info in that term letter? Last day, acknowledgement of 2 week notice and pay, any reasons for terming?

If was signed and dated and had the info you need, I probably wouldn't give them my own paperwork. I'd sign theirs with any comments I wanted written on it, and give them a photocopy back.