Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 11  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

DCMomOf3 03-03-2011 06:06 PM

The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?

Michael is letting me start sticky for funny things we see and hear. :)

So, what made you laugh today?

LindaMJ 03-03-2011 08:56 PM

Many things made me laugh today; mostly just what comes out of those precious children's mouths when we're having snack and lunch, AND, especially AND, when they had a "marching band" going on with my musical instruments and I was supposed to clap and wave and they are just so darn cute! We had a lovely day. Life is GOOD.

SilverSabre25 03-04-2011 06:34 AM

DCB 2.5, who is NOT very verbal, told me his tummy hurt. I asked him if he thought he was going to throw up (I ask even though I know he doesn't answer) and he grinned brightly and said excitedly, "Okay!" and ran off. :confused::rolleyes: er...guess you don't know anything about throwing up, kid, lol. I laughed--even though I am now on "vomit watch" with him. He did go on to eat two bowls of cereal for breakfast, so maybe he was just hungry...

My 3 yo DD is into pretending to be other people--right now when she puts on a particular purple dress she's Angelina from Angelina Ballerina. When she's Angelina, I am known as "Angelina Mommy" and DH is "Angelina Daddy." Woe betide you if you forget that she is Angelina and actually call her by her given name!

Yesterday my 3 yo was drawing pictures of thunder. DH corrected her (he is so clueless) by saying, "You mean a thunderstorm?" And she gave him a perfectly withering look and said, exasperated, "No, Daddy--just thunder. BOOM!"

Blackcat31 03-04-2011 06:50 AM

I have two 3 yr old boys who have been "at each other" all week.

This morning while playing with the wafffle blocks the tension started to get a bit elavated and I said, "Boys, why are you guys fighting now?"

One looks up and says, "Because we're friends...."

Ohhhhh, I don't know why I didn't realize that....duh!!:ouch:

DCMomOf3 03-04-2011 07:00 AM

I have been told it's my birthday today so I have been given the little people barn fully stocked with a leapfrog plastic basketball for a birthday present about 6 times so far this morning, all wrapped up in invisible wrapping paper. :)

daycare 03-04-2011 07:17 AM

DCB age 2....
I normally always wear big sweatshirts, Im always freezing in this 60 degree weather (lol)
this morning I took it off during wiggle time and DCB says wow miss _______I didnt know you had boobies............ i think my face turned red and I just replied yes I do, I am a girl....My husband was rofl..

E Daycare 03-04-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
And she gave him a perfectly withering look and said, exasperated, "No, Daddy--just thunder. BOOM!"

Cutest thing!!

My DS (who is 20 mo) and I were singing "Wheels on the bus" and for the beep beep beep of the horn he was singing "beet beet beet". His little voice makes my heart skip. So adorable. :)

laundrymom 03-04-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by E Daycare:
Cutest thing!!

My DS (who is 20 mo) and I were singing "Wheels on the bus" and for the beep beep beep of the horn he was singing "beet beet beet". His little voice makes my heart skip. So adorable. :)

How sweet!!!!!! We sang that today too and one of my 4's yelled. Ahhhooooohhgaaahhhhh when we beeped. Lol

E Daycare 03-04-2011 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
How sweet!!!!!! We sang that today too and one of my 4's yelled. Ahhhooooohhgaaahhhhh when we beeped. Lol

LMAO! Outta the mouths of babes eh?

Pammie 03-04-2011 10:04 AM

My 5yo dcg asked me today:

"What would happen if your favorite food was hot dogs but nobody invented them yet?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Blackcat31 03-04-2011 11:26 AM

Just had a SA kid show my preschoolers a picture of their "boyfriend" and the preschooler says,
"Oh, I didn't know he was a boy. Why do they call him 'just a beaver' then?"

It was a photo of Justin Bieber

3kidzmama 03-04-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just had a SA kid show my preschoolers a picture of their "boyfriend" and the preschooler says,

Bwaaaahaaahaaa!!!! Too funny!!!

momatheart 03-05-2011 06:15 AM

This is too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

daycare 03-05-2011 09:32 AM

lmao that is funny.

3kidzmama 03-05-2011 11:29 AM

Had a kindergartener ask me yesterday if I have a wife. I said um, no... I'm a girl... I have a husband! Lol

Childminder 03-05-2011 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by :

I got a birthday card that plays Boogie Fever and dcg4 sings 'Bookie Bieber' but I like yours better.
:lol:

GretasLittleFriends 03-06-2011 07:21 PM

I don't typically have kids on Sunday mornings (though I do offer "non-standard" hour care). Anyway, this little guy I've had for about 2 yrs now went with us to church this morning. (Yes, I have permission from his parents as they usually take him to their church on Sunday morns.) We pulled up, and he sees the red brick building and exclaims "Yay! Church!" kinda made me giggle. He then proceeded to tell everyone we saw that he is 3. His birthday was yesterday, and thankfully we live in the country, and it's a small congregation. But the icing on the cake was right before the Gospel reading we sing the "Gospel Acclimation" which is a bunch of Alleluias. He, instead of singing "Alleluia" was singing E-I-E-I-O (very sincerely too). Had to do all I could to not laugh. Instead I was able to smile at him while we were singing.

Needless to say, his parents thought it was great that he is starting to participate at church... :)

jen 03-07-2011 09:16 AM

DCB and Dad come in this morning...Dad looks a little incredulous but smiling...Apparently, when dcb got out of the car at my house this morning he exclaimed:

THIS is my LIFE!

Apparently he missed us...:)

laundrymom 03-07-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by jen:
DCB and Dad come in this morning...Dad looks a little incredulous but smiling...Apparently, when dcb got out of the car at my house this morning he exclaimed:

THIS is my LIFE!

Apparently he missed us...:)

Lololol how sweet!

laundrymom 03-07-2011 09:43 AM

Lol now THAT is hilarious!!

jen 03-07-2011 09:48 AM

Lol now THAT is hilarious!!

Oh my gosh, that is way too funny! I took my dd to see his movie this weekend...I almost hate to admit it, but it was a really good movie. I guess I caught the Beiber Fever! :lol::lol:

SimpleMom 03-09-2011 06:48 AM

child #1: You can't have a baby, too. Only one person can have a baby.
Child #2 I want one, too.
Me: It's ok if both of you have babies, people do that all the time
both children smile :)
Child #2: How about I have a baby in 100 yrs?
Child #1: Yeah, that'll work. You can have a baby in 100 yrs.
Both children happy and content at the agreement!

Unregistered 03-09-2011 10:25 AM

2 yr old comes over with his hands clasped together.
"Got somefing for ya."
"Oh yea, what is it?" I replied.
As I opened his hands, he smirks and replies with pursed lips "a moochie!"
Followed up with, "Say mank you. That's your manners!"

Childminder 03-09-2011 12:38 PM

Aunt Chwee? Can we play Hot Spotch?

Translation - Aunt Cheri? Can we play Hop Scotch?

daycare 03-09-2011 12:51 PM

DCK are learning to sing ba ba black sheep... at circle time if I call your name, you sing for the group a solo of the song..

DCK age 3 signs blah blah balck sheep............lol it was so funny all the kids were in stiches laughing

kidkair 03-10-2011 12:10 PM

All 3 kids (ages 2,2,3)found flat pieces of ice outside and pretending the ice pieces were drums. They were all saying "dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum" from Hand Hand Fingers Thumb. It was so cute and it was hard not to laugh at them so that they would keep it up.

momatheart 03-10-2011 12:29 PM

The other day the children were learning about their bones and a plastic little skeleton was hanging on a hook sitting on the table to show our skeleton and bones. And one little boy who is 4 said, "I just don't get what I am seeing here?"

thecrazyisout 03-10-2011 01:42 PM

My four YO DKB looked distressed, I asked him what was wrong..He put his palm to his head and said "I was thinking of doing something naughty.."

This is the same boy who comes out of the bathroom singing bad romance by Lady Gaga...too funny

SilverSabre25 03-10-2011 01:47 PM

almost 3 yo dcb spotted a little people building that has some steps on the outside. He gasped and declared lovingly (but loudly), "MY 'TEPS!!!" and proceeded to walk a little person up and down the steps for about ten minutes.

My almost 2 yo dcb spent a good ten minutes this morning throwing a toy for my cat to fetch. It was my cat's favorite prey (aside from prey that's actually, you know, alive)--a pompom puff. DCB would throw the puff, the cat would chase it, and dcb would jump up and down and clap with joy that the cat was chasing it.

DCMomOf3 03-10-2011 01:52 PM

DCG has been sitting very quietly looking at books. After a few books and swtiching chairs a few times she closes her last book, looks at me, and says "Can I get off my time out now?" I look back at her and try not to laugh as I say, "Honey, you were not on a time out." She looks surprised and said, "oh!"

Now I wonder if she should have been on one. :lol:

SFMamaTeacherC 03-10-2011 09:07 PM

When I asked my son "Do you want to go potty now or in 1 minute?" and he replied "In lots of minutes"! He hasn't said anything like that before and neither have I, he's 2.7 yrs. :) I thought it was cute!

sahm2three 03-11-2011 11:56 AM

We were playing Simon Says today and the boys were all having such a good time and laughing and it was just pure FUN! We took turns letting them decide what Simon would do next. It was a lot of fun, and with how stressful it has been here the last couple weeks, it felt really really good!

PLUS, it is warming up out side and the snow is melting, which means we can play OUTSIDE next week! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!! :Sunny:

kidkair 03-11-2011 02:38 PM

2 year old learning to sideways gallop on my crooked sidewalk and then wanting to walk it backward. :)

momatheart 03-12-2011 06:59 AM

A 4 yr old told me yesterday, "kids they grow up fast don't they?"

I said what did you just say and he repeated it like it was nothing. I just laughed.

SilverSabre25 03-12-2011 07:19 AM

It's not daycare related, but it sure is cute.

My DD, 3 yo, is going to her cousin's house for a sleepover tonight. She's SO excited about it. Last night she started packing...and picked out about 4 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, 3 pairs of jammies, 4 nighttime diapers, and about 12 pairs of underwear for her 24 hour stay! She was so serious while she was doing it that it was all DH and I could do to keep from laughing. I don't have the heart to try and convince her that she doesn't need all of that stuff...but I am laughing uproariously inside!

She is also helping us paint some rooms today. She has her own little roller (a trim roller, but the perfect size for a 3 yo!) and was painting "robots" and "carnivals" all over the walls. I almost hated to paint over her masterpiece, but I did get a good picture.

morgan24 03-12-2011 10:47 AM

My two dcgs came up to me holding hands and the older one said Miss Morgan we discussed it and decided that you should let us watch tunes all day. I had to admire them for working together but it didn't work. They get to watch a cartoon on Friday for 1/2 hour.

Doodlebug 03-12-2011 05:32 PM

We were learning about the presidents Lincoln and Washington and I was informed by a 3 year old that they were NOT our presidents... "The Rock and Bama was"! It was all I could do to keep a straight face.:D

laundrymom 03-14-2011 09:33 AM

I had one 3 yrs come in today sour faced and grumpy,... he lasted about 3 minutes and stood in front of me,... "know why I am angry?" why??? "cause Mommy wont let my horse sleep in my room! That is torture!, I miss him". then he stomped off.

Imagine that, the horse has to sleep in the barn,..lol. Yes, real horse, lol.

DCMomOf3 03-14-2011 10:35 AM

While I was making lunch I asked DCG and DS to share what they did this weekend. When it was DSs turn it went something like this:

DS: I'm not telling. It's a secret.
DCG: I am taking your secret.
DS: NO! You can't have it, it's my secret.
DCG: I want the secret so I am taking it.
DS: It's my secret you can't have it.
DCG: But I want it.

I do intervene here and inform them that if DS hasn't shared his secret no one else can really have it.

DS: See, it's mine and you can't have it.
DCG: Fine, here, you can have it back.

momatheart 03-14-2011 04:41 PM

So we were telling one 4yr old boy how it is not ok to hit his friend in his privates. This can hurt him.
The boy who got hit there who is 4 said oh you mean my junk?

Meyou 03-15-2011 05:08 AM

DCG (3.5) to her trio of DCB's (3.5, 3.5, 4): "Ummm....excuse me boys! Excuse me!"

DCB's: "Yes DCG"

DCG (clutching the sides of a very pooofy, lacy white princess dress and speaking very slowly while bending closer to them): As...you...can...see I am a pwincess right now. Therefore, please call me Pwincess not DCG. Or your majesty. Or your for short. Thank you my knights" (Then curtsey's and walks away regally)

DCB: "Yes, princess your"

Then they call her princess instead of her name for the rest of the day.

SilverSabre25 03-15-2011 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Meyou:
DCG (3.5) to her trio of DCB's (3.5, 3.5, 4): "Ummm....excuse me boys! Excuse me!"

DCB's: "Yes DCG"

DCG (clutching the sides of a very pooofy, lacy white princess dress and speaking very slowly while bending closer to them): As...you...can...see I am a pwincess right now. Therefore, please call me Pwincess not DCG. Or your majesty. Or your for short. Thank you my knights" (Then curtsey's and walks away regally)

DCB: "Yes, princess your"

Then they call her princess instead of her name for the rest of the day.

:lol::lol::lol: that is too cute!

MommyMuffin 03-15-2011 09:31 AM

My mom told my 2.5yo daughter that the stuff between her toes is "toe jam."(meaning like the lint from your socks.)
Now she is obsessed and takes her socks off and shows everyone that will listen that she has toe jam. Right now she is showing dcb between her toes the invisible "toe jam."

I have such an educational child care huh? hahaha

SilverSabre25 03-16-2011 04:17 AM

I like days that start off with two funnies before breakfast!

1. DH has to dress up for work today (Mmm, dress shirt, tie, the works...yummy!) and 3 yo DD just looked at him and announced, "You look like an office man today, Daddy!"

2. 2.75 yo dcb is in big boy underwear for the first time (at daycare) today. I asked him (in a really excited tone), "Hey, dcb, are you wearing big boy underwear today?!" and he grinned the biggest sunniest grin, twisted around so his butt was towards me and pointed at his butt and announced, "THOMAS!!!"

Meyou 03-16-2011 06:15 AM

Awwwww.

At snack today DCB politely told me he doesn't like blueberries because they're yuck. I asked him if he remembered the blue and green grapes we ate last week which were actually half grapes and half blueberries. He told me, "You did it again!! Trickeded my body into liking your healthy foods. I dooo like blueberries." haha

Zoe 03-16-2011 09:12 AM

Awwwww.

At snack today DCB politely told me he doesn't like blueberries because they're yuck. I asked him if he remembered the blue and green grapes we ate last week which were actually half grapes and half blueberries. He told me, "You did it again!! Trickeded my body into liking your healthy foods. I dooo like blueberries." haha

That's adorable!

laundrymom 03-16-2011 10:00 AM

lol,.. I love this!!!!! and am stealing it!!!!

Awwwww.

Meyou 03-16-2011 12:36 PM

lol,.. I love this!!!!! and am stealing it!!!!

My other favorite is to cut all orange vegatables to look like carrot sticks. Works every time! I tell them after the fact that they tried something new and loved it.

DCMomOf3 03-17-2011 06:48 AM

My DCB2 was playing with the Little People when out of the blue, gets up and runs up to me, says 'I'm hungry!', runs to the play kitchen, grabs a plastic drumstick, runs back to me and tries feed it to me then pretends to eat it himself.

E Daycare 03-17-2011 09:03 AM

Ok so my DCM brought in a gift for me today. She said she was at the store and thought that Id like this. Mentioned that since I wore some purple hair extensions this weekend for the bachelorette party I went to that maybe Id like this little number. She tried to find a good match to my hair color. Which is strawberry blond. This made me LOL so hard and I thought my husband was gonna cry when he saw it. Funny doesnt describe this.

http://i.imgur.com/b6uy7.jpg

Its the thought that counts. It was nice she was thinking of me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Meyou 03-17-2011 09:12 AM

OMG :lol::lol:

SilverSabre25 03-21-2011 07:19 AM

My 3 yo DD sat for a long time with the lacing cards, lacing the string through near the top two holes, then leaving a long loop and lacing the other end through the top two holes on the other side near the top--then declared them to be "trophies" and hung them around everyone's neck. I did tell her that you call a trophy around someone's neck a "medal" but it was still super cute. She bowed adorably after bestowing each person's "medal" on them.

Blackcat31 03-21-2011 07:24 AM

Two of my dcg's (age 3.5) are sitting in the housekeeping/kitchen area having a "meal time" converstaion:

dcg #1 "So my mom was naughty yesterday."
dcg #2 "Did she have to time out?"
dcg #1 "No, she couldn't. Her butt is too big for the chair." :eek:

CeceMHill 03-24-2011 01:51 PM

I know I've come to the right place having read all these funny stories, thanks for making me giggle :)

DCMomOf3 03-24-2011 02:21 PM

My DS to his preschool teacher:

Miss T! DCG is not at my house. She is playing with her baby brother! He was in DCMs belly and POPPED out!

SilverSabre25 03-25-2011 05:25 AM

DD is wearing a dress today. It's a regular dress (it's also day 5 of 7 that she's worn it, but that's another tale--don't worry, it's been washed...). My almost 3 yo dcb keeps whining about her wearing a "princess" and wanting "princess" of his own--meaning a dress up dress. I keep trying to explain that it's not a dress up dress DD is wearing, but her clothes. He's not buying it. He just pointed at DD and said, "But my turn now!"

The dress up dresses are put away right now though so he's outta luck.

I still think it's funny...just you wait kid until the weather gets nice...I'm pretty sure DD is going to wear almost nothing BUT dresses this year!

Luna 03-25-2011 10:28 AM

Dcg3: "...up above the world so high, like a Brian in the sky..."

Gurdy 03-25-2011 11:32 AM

Dcg 2 was singing her alphabet "abcdefghijk yellow pee qrstuvwxy and z".
I don't know if that is really what she thinks it is or she heard someone else sing it like that (her older brother maybe?). Either way, it did crack me up.

SilverSabre25 03-25-2011 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gurdy:
Dcg 2 was singing her alphabet "abcdefghijk yellow pee qrstuvwxy and z".
I don't know if that is really what she thinks it is or she heard someone else sing it like that (her older brother maybe?). Either way, it did crack me up.

My DD for a long time said "elmo p..." now the way she pronounces it, it sounds a bit like "emmalo p".

Luna 03-28-2011 06:46 AM

Dcg's "clinking" their cups together and shouting "Cheese!"

dEHmom 03-28-2011 07:09 AM

this made me laugh....

facebook status floating around....

SENIORS TEXTING CODES :
ATD- At The Doctors.

BFF- Best Friend Fell

BTW- Bring the Wheelchair.

BYOT- Bring Your Own Teeth.

FWIW- Forgot Where I Was.

GGPBL- Gotta Go Pacemaker Battery Low.

GHA- Got Heartburn Again.

IMHO- Is My Hearing-Aid On.

LMDO- Laughing My Dentures Out.

OMMR- On My Massage Recliner.

OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas.

ROFLACGU- Rolling On Floor Laughing And Can't Get Up.

TTYL- Talk To You Louder

The bolded ones are my favorite

SilverSabre25 03-29-2011 05:25 AM

2.75 yo dcb does NOT get the kind of pretend play that my DD is into right now--the kind where she says something like, "Can I have some paint?" and you can hold out your hand and say, "Okay, here you go, here's some paint!" and she "takes" it and "paints" something with it.

So this morning, DD asks DCB to "go get me some vitamins!" and he wanders off into the kitchen with DD shrieking at him, "NO! PRETEND!!!!!" and he just looked confused, so I showed him what she meant, and "gave" him some "vitamins" too. The look on his face as he studied the nothing in his hand, looking back and forth from it to me, was just priceless.

DCMomOf3 03-29-2011 06:41 AM

DS4: DCG - Do you love me?
DCG: No, I love ladybugs and Caterpillars.
DS4: But... I'm funny...

SilverSabre25 03-29-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
DS4: DCG - Do you love me?
DCG: No, I love ladybugs and Caterpillars.
DS4: But... I'm funny...

:lol::lol:

dEHmom 03-29-2011 08:27 AM

hahahaha......

this is annoying and cute all at same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lih0...layer_embedded

LindaMJ 03-29-2011 07:19 PM

That is hilarious! I swear, this is one of the top reasons I do child care. To hear what comes out of their mouths!

dEHmom 03-30-2011 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by dEHmom:
hahahaha......

this is annoying and cute all at same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lih0...layer_embedded

sorry I meant to add this yesterday and forgot....

it's only annoying because I watched part 1 and 2 back to back, and it's the same sound over and over. That's all I meant by annoying. It's cute how they have an entire conversation.

Cat Herder 03-30-2011 04:34 AM

SAD NEWS - Another great icon of the entertainment community, the Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes to the belly. He was 71. Dough Boy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children, John Dough, Jane Dough, and Dosey Dough, plus they had one... in the Oven. Services were held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes...

dEHmom 03-30-2011 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Catherder:
SAD NEWS - Another great icon of the entertainment community, the Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes to the belly. He was 71. Dough Boy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children, John Dough, Jane Dough, and Dosey Dough, plus they had one... in the Oven. Services were held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SilverSabre25 03-30-2011 05:59 AM

2 boys making noise with the instruments and yelling just to hear themselves yell. They're having fun.

DD, who is in that opinionated stage of the age of 3, yelled at them "STOP!!! I DON"T LIKE THAT NOISE!"

And then they kept right on playing, except instead of just yelling noise, they started yelling, "STOP! STOP! STOP! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!"

Unregistered 03-30-2011 09:16 AM

4yr old DCG asks me "are you getting your hair cut again?" I say "no, I don't like it short" she says "why cause you look goofy?".......haha!

dEHmom 03-31-2011 03:46 PM

kids are on a beetlejuice kick right now.

They said Beetlejuice, so I said it 2 times and their eyes went wide (because 3rd time he comes right!). They each yell out his name 3 times! So I pretended to be all scared, and said oh no we're in trouble. Who will save us daddy's not home!

Anyways, my youngest (3yo ds) goes potty, yells "mommy wipe my bum" so I go, help him, dump out the potty and clean it, but while the bowls out, he sees a beetle (moisture bug) on the floor under the little potty! He yells "mommy BEETLE BEETLE MOMMMY FOR REAL BEETLE!" he's scared to go in the bathroom now. hahahahahahahha

nannyde 04-01-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Catherder:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SilverSabre25 04-04-2011 06:37 AM

"You can NOT use the cat as a patient!"--said to my 3 yo who is trying to "doctor" the cat with the doctor tools. She's trying to "take blood", "look down her throat", and put "casts" on her tail. The cat is not amused, but is too stupid/lazy to move her fuzzy butt somewhere else.

Unregistered 04-04-2011 09:44 AM

Thought my autistic daycare boy was eating his broccoli. Upon taking a closer look I see he is slowly eating all the shredded cheese off each piece then putting them back on his plate. Gotta love the effort!

PitterPatter 04-05-2011 05:45 PM

Finally got a dck to pee on the potty after running him back upstairs every 30 mins. (totally exhausting btw!!) Anyway he peed and I did the silly potty dance and sang our silly potty song he was happy, flushed, washed his hands and dried with a paper towel. I handed him a sticker for his chart and said "great job now when u feel that feeling again let me know so we can run back up here and u can get more stickers and I will sing and dance for u". He said "well ok but i am NOT putting my poop in there!" Put his hands on his hips and struted out of the room with his nose in the air and tp stuck to his shoe! :lol:

Childminder 04-06-2011 07:30 AM

I was untangling a spool of wire for a project and the dckids were trying to guess what it was for.

Dcg3 asked :"Is that a plugger?"
Me: "What is a plugger?"
Dcg3: "The phone cord that you plug into the hole in the wall?"

SilverSabre25 04-11-2011 05:17 PM

My 3 yo DCB made me giggle today. 2 yo DCB had just arrived and was standing off to one side. 3 yo DCB, from across the playroom stared at other DCB for a minute, then came to me holding out a finger and crying, "B hit me, right here on my finger!"

I managed to avoid laughing (but only barely) as I cocked an eyebrow at him and said, "Uh, I don't think so, kid. Nice try. Go play."

The look he gave me could have withered an evergreen...

awhitcomb 04-12-2011 12:49 PM

Kids say the darndest things :)

I had my 2 2yr old dcks this morning, and out of the blue, they decided to tell they were a dork, now one of the 2yr olds can talk clearly, the other is in speach therapy. I laughed so hard, it was adorable!!! :lol:

childcarebytori 04-12-2011 08:50 PM

3yo dcg- (farts in an almost quiet room)
3.5 dcg: "What's that smell?"- with a pointed look directed at the culprit.
2yo dcg (from a few feet away) "Umm, air?" complete with the 'duh' voice.
3.5yo huffs away as the the two remaining friends share a look of understanding.

I love the level of loyalty my daycare children have for eachother.

ninosqueridos 04-13-2011 06:52 AM

After terminating two families in under two years, my DH called me "The Terminator" last night :lol::lol:

DCMom 04-13-2011 11:54 AM

We have been going outside a lot and most of the kids are pretty self-sufficent about getting jackets, shoes, etc on. I have two 3yo's that have tie shoes, so they have wait for someone to tie them before going out. My dd was helping me out today and everyone had gone out except these two. My dd looked at them and said 'what do you guys need?' They looked at each other then looked at my dd and said in unison:

Velcro.

:lol:

Meyou 04-14-2011 06:30 AM

DCB comes in today whispering insistantly to his mother, "SHE isss....she IS magic. She can do IT! I know she can." Mama tries to shush DCB saying they will go to the store this weekend. I asked, "what's up bud?" to DCB. He turns to me and says, "I'm tellin mama that you're magic and you CAN make me a pilot (prounced PIE-LOT) costume. You bring home favric from the favric store in a bag and take it downstairs. Then when the favric comes back its stuff. I tolds her you have magic playroom curtains and magic pirate and cowboy costumes but she doesn't believe me. I don't know hows you do it but I knows you're magic."

The magic is my sewing machines in the basement which he hasn't seen in about a year since I switched things around so I guess he's forgotten the source of my powers. lol I told him I'd make him a pilot costume this weekend. :) How can I resist after that endorsement???

sahm2three 04-14-2011 01:03 PM

Ok, even though it has been so stressful for me here lately, I have to share a kid funny. One of my little 2 yo dcb's says to my 22 mo dcb as they are finishing up breakfast, "X, you suck it!" I hear it, but don't believe it. So I asked him what he said. He says, "X suck it!" I stand there, shocked. ThEN he says, "I fuuust (1st), and X suck it (second)!" OMG! So funny! I about died! This comes from the littles hearing all the big kids saying "I'm 1st" and "I'm second!" when I ask them to wash hands for lunch/snack/breakfast. They are good comedy relief, aren't they?!

SilverSabre25 04-15-2011 05:07 AM

dcb 2.9 yo: "I have balls!"

(he had just picked up a ball. I giggled anyway :p)

GretasLittleFriends 04-15-2011 09:01 AM

DCB (Just turned 3) says "Gawa (He doesn't say Greta) I don't feel good today. I need to go to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked. Then I will get a band-aid and I will feel all better."

jenh171 04-15-2011 09:57 AM

I was listening in on a conversation b/wn 2 and 3 yr. old girls. the three year old mentioned something about her grandma and the two year old asks "does she has blue hair or white hair?" LOL! :lol:

dotcmfmom 04-16-2011 02:50 AM

Hello Everyone,

There are so many things in life which you can make funny and more laugh. Fro laughing, there is no any time required.

kidkair 04-27-2011 05:22 PM

I let the kids (2 ages 2 and 3)have free reign of the art center today while I organized the curriculum for next month. In a few minutes they had the floor covered with glue and glitter! :) My whole daycare now sparkles!

jen2651 04-28-2011 06:45 PM

But sparkles make everything so pretty, and happy! The worst is when glitter gets stuck in indoor/outdoor carpet. It will NEVER come out completely!

kidkair 04-29-2011 03:05 PM

Glitter naturally sticks to everything and this stuff was covered in glue so yeah it's never leaving! I'm *doomed* to have sparkly carpet forever. :) It's also in the cracks of the wood floor! I don't mind though. It makes me smile every time I see another little sparkle. Ever since I took away the glitter they have been making confetti which is a little easier to clean up. I'm very thankful my toy room is not also my living room!

SilverSabre25 05-02-2011 10:06 AM

Me:" Careful, dcb, the pizza is a little hot. Give it a minute."

DCB: [looks at me, looks at the pizza, grins, pokes the pizza, bursts into tears] "IT'S HOT!!!!!" he screams angrily

Me: "Well, I warned you...and it's not *that* hot...

Other DCB: [looks at his pizza, pokes it, laughs] "Ow!" [pokes it again] "Ow!" [and again] "ow!"

Me::confused:

Meeko 05-02-2011 11:52 AM

Didn't happen today...but wanted to share anyway....

3yr old DCB (while snuggled up on my lap) "You're just like my Mommy"

ME (feeling all warm and fuzzy) "Am I sweetheart?"

DCB: "Yep! You don't have a penis"

Meeko 05-02-2011 11:58 AM

My friend's husband is a police officer. We had him come to talk to the kids the week we learned about community helpers.

He was showing the kids his belt and the stuff he had on it. Gun, handcuffs etc. One little girl loudly announced

"My Mommy keeps HER handcuffs on her bed!"

Ever seen a police officer cry with laughter?!:lol::lol::lol:

laundrymom 05-02-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meeko60:
My friend's husband is a police officer. We had him come to talk to the kids the week we learned about community helpers.

He was showing the kids his belt and the stuff he had on it. Gun, handcuffs etc. One little girl loudly announced

"My Mommy keeps HER handcuffs on her bed!"

Ever seen a police officer cry with laughter?!:lol::lol::lol:

Rofl!!! Could you imagine if she had been there!? Lololol

Childminder 05-03-2011 05:58 PM

My DH has a new nickname. Today my newest dcb3 came in and ran up to my DH and said "Good morning, Papa-doodle-do". So cute, we've laughed all day.

MarinaVanessa 05-04-2011 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Childminder:
My DH has a new nickname. Today my newest dcb3 came in and ran up to my DH and said "Good morning, Papa-doodle-do". So cute, we've laughed all day.

That IS cute!! Speaking of nick names, this reminded me about when the DC kids and I were singing the BINGO song and 8yo DCB makes up his own version. My hunny is a red head and my sons nickname is Fredo so they sang
There was a redhead had a boy and Fredo was his name-o
F-R-E-D-O, F-R-E-D-O, F-R-E-D-O and Fredo was his name-o :lol:

AnythingsPossible 05-05-2011 07:00 AM

My dcb (4 years old) has turned the little people noah's ark into jack sparrows ship. He is having quite the time with it!

sharlan 05-11-2011 03:14 PM

We had ham sandwiches for lunch today. I have a 4 yo loves buttered bread and a 3 yo loves ham. While I was making mine, they each ate their favorite part and switched plates. Um, sorry guys, that doesn't work.

sharlan 05-16-2011 06:51 PM

The two boys were wild beyond belief today. No matter what I said or did, they ran circles around the house, non stop. After the 10th time of stopping them and redirecting their play, I decided it was time to sit in the other room for a few minutes to regroup.

I called them to come because we were going to go sit in the dining room for a few minutes. They both yelled, "Yeah!!!!!!!! We get to go have a time out!" They were both so excited. I wanted 5 mins of silence. They won, I didn't get it.