Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DCKs Pics on Phone (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80032)

DaveA 11-12-2015 12:26 PM

DCKs Pics on Phone

This is probably one of those things everyone's going to go "Well- DUH!" at me, but here goes. I'm not sure what you technically call it on your cell phone when a pic is tied to a number so I'll call it a contact pic. I'm putting each child's picture on my phone so it shows up as the contact pic for the parents. Parents are listed in my phone as "DCM/DCK-DCK's Mom/Dad". So in an emergency someone looking at my phone could match children to parents contact info.

I never thought of that till someone else gave me the idea. The only pic that shows up on my phone when someone calls is my wife, and that's because she put it there. Sounds like a good idea since we go a lot of places as part of my program.

Pepperth 11-12-2015 06:22 PM

That's a great idea! Goodness knows I have the pictures already on my phone. Right now I have parents listed as"John Doe- Jane's mom" but no photos.

laundrymom 11-12-2015 06:51 PM

I have parents listed as
Jane, Sara Jones
Josh, Mike Smith

I lost first name of kid then theirs. It's faster for me to type kids name then decide which parent pops up than it is to think of parents name.
(Or maybe I'm just old. Lol)

Josiegirl 11-13-2015 03:08 AM

I was afraid to open this topic after your last cell phone one.

That is a good idea. But then I don't have a smart phone of any kind. :) I live in the dark ages.

daycarediva 11-13-2015 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
This is probably one of those things everyone's going to go "Well- DUH!" at me, but here goes. I'm not sure what you technically call it on your cell phone when a pic is tied to a number so I'll call it a contact pic. I'm putting each child's picture on my phone so it shows up as the contact pic for the parents. Parents are listed in my phone as "DCM/DCK-DCK's Mom/Dad". So in an emergency someone looking at my phone could match children to parents contact info.

I never thought of that till someone else gave me the idea. The only pic that shows up on my phone when someone calls is my wife, and that's because she put it there. Sounds like a good idea since we go a lot of places as part of my program.

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I have parents listed as
Jane, Sara Jones
Josh, Mike Smith

I lost first name of kid then theirs. It's faster for me to type kids name then decide which parent pops up than it is to think of parents name.
(Or maybe I'm just old. Lol)

both good ideas!

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I was afraid to open this topic after your last cell phone one.

That is a good idea. But then I don't have a smart phone of any kind. :) I live in the dark ages.

:lol: here's one for ya...

had a dck bring in an old cell for show and tell..filled with nude pics of dcd's gf. :eek:

laundrymom 11-13-2015 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
both good ideas!

had a dck bring in an old cell for show and tell..filled with nude pics of dcd's gf. :eek:

Uhhhhhhh. Lol. Hmmmmmm. Lol

DaveA 11-13-2015 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
both good ideas!

Oopsie::D

childcaremom 11-13-2015 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

I just figured this out last week and thought I was a genius. :p I just got a new phone and consider myself tech challenged so creating a contact list, and one with photos, is up there on my tech accomplishments. :ouch:

I also list my daycare contacts as:
Joey's mom cell
Joey's dad cell
Joey's mom work

It's nice to have the photo pop up when/if mom and dad text.